Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions

Older Thread (Prior to December 31, 2016) could be found here. The Wiki was taken from this thread.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:22 am
Original Poster

I am trying to get a BRG claim for a night at the Palazzo or Venetian in Las Vegas. Can someone please PM which low price site IHG accepts for BRG?
Thank you.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Just had another BRG approved. Reveived an email after 14 hours saying that they were still verifying the rates etc. followed by an email after 20 hours saying that my BRG is approved! Very happy! One night stay, regular price was €182, now free :-)
Old Jan 3, 2016, 11:43 am

No luck in paris

I've had success finding brgs in Paris in the past but can't find any sites that have matching cancelation policies... I ve found better rates but theres 24hrs difference in cancelation... If you know of any, please pm me. Thanks
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
i can't find info on this... but what about hotels that have 0 availability on IHG.com but have availability on other sites? I know BRG works for SPG in this case, but what about IHG, given that it requires an IHG.com reservation...?
rufusrea likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 11:15 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Smiley90
i can't find info on this... but what about hotels that have 0 availability on IHG.com but have availability on other sites? I know BRG works for SPG in this case, but what about IHG, given that it requires an IHG.com reservation...?
Not possible as you have to book IHG room in the first place to attempt a BPG claim

BPG attempt also fails if you book the very last room at an IHG hotel !
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:58 pm

Alright - here's a question. I know the currency has to be billed the same, but does it have to display the same? I found a rate from an agency for a hotel that will only show in USD/EUR/other major currencies, but it shows on booking page that payment will be made using (local currency). IHG website shows in (local currency). Does this work for IHG claims?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: Velocity Gold
New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

So just had one denied because the 3rd party includes breakfast where as IHG does not. That seem ludicrous. IHGs site is obviously more expensive without the breakfast!
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by travelislife
So just had one denied because the 3rd party includes breakfast where as IHG does not. That seem ludicrous. IHGs site is obviously more expensive without the breakfast!
Not ludicrous - they specifically state "the exact same package".

....... so uh, why don't you just tick the 'breakfast' box on IHG.com?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
It might seem that way, but the rules are the rules. The game is the game. Youre comparing oranges to tangerines.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
In my experience, this will not work and will lead to a rejection of the BRG request. Per IHG's BRG T&Cs, the lower rate must be "compared with the IHG hotel's lowest available rate on IHG websites." By adding a breakfast option on the IHG webpage, you're no longer comparing with the lowest available IHG rate. YMMV, but I've personally tried and have not had success with this scenario.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
In my experience, this will not work and will lead to a rejection of the BRG request. Per IHG's BRG T&Cs, the lower rate must be "compared with the IHG hotel's lowest available rate on IHG websites." By adding a breakfast option on the IHG webpage, you're no longer comparing with the lowest available IHG rate. YMMV, but I've personally tried and have not had success with this scenario.

-FlyerBeek
Sorry you are wrong, of course you can do best flex with breakfast - i just did one at last week!

have done advanced with breakfast in the past too
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:58 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by mitpat474
have done advanced with breakfast in the past too
+1
Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

-FlyerBeek
Yeah, IHG BRG is a crapshoot.

I'd definitely try. Often, "like for like" trumps "best rate".
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Quote:

Not ludicrous - they specifically state "the exact same package".

Because I reckon that is their game with this property knowing 3rd party sites offer less. You can't add breakfast on the AP rate on IHG, only on flexible rates.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474
Quote:

It might seem that way, but the rules are the rules. The game is the game. Youre comparing oranges to tangerines.
Okay look at it not as a game. Look at it as a punter, not an FT member. They advertise all over the place their BRG. As a punter I would believe the third party is offering a cheaper rate for more product so really IHG should match/beat it! All this ends up doing is putting a sour taste in people's mouths and turning them off IHG.

I know their BRG is generous but it is just silly that a cheaper 'package' does not beat a 'package' that is more expensive on IHGs website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.