Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions

Older Thread (Prior to December 31, 2016) could be found here. The Wiki was taken from this thread.
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2023, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK

This definitely seems a bit of a joke
Given how little traffic this thread receives compared to the equivalent BRG threads from Hilton and Marriott, of course IHG's policy is a joke.
PES_B1 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Although upon arrival at the hotel they had no idea about this adjusted rate and refused to honour it .. Best Rate 'help' desk weren't able to do much but said they will sort it out ... will be fun now pursuing that

This definitely seems a bit of a joke
To be fair to the 'Best Rate HelpDesk' they did force the hotel to issue a refund pretty quickly .. no sign of the alleged bonus points I'm supposed to have been due though !
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:51 pm

Programs: Tribe 54 Sweat Lodge 12
Originally Posted by Davidob
Just unsuccessfully tried the BRG after booking a non refundable stay at the IC Bali. I found a much better rate on agoda, like hundreds of dollars cheaper. The BRG team say they are seeing a much higher rate on Agoda, even though I’ve just rechecked and the better rate is still there and, of course, they don’t accept a screenshot.

Very frustrating, lesson learned the hard way!
Agoda infamously show different rates to different people depending on some hidden algorithm. I myself have gotten different rate all depending on how I navigated onto the page.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:59 pm

Programs: Tribe 54 Sweat Lodge 12
Hotel Name: Holiday Inn Express Melbourne Southbank
Date of stay: Apr ‘24
Nights: 8
Room Type: 1 Queen Standard
IHG Website Rate: 168.58 AUD
Competing Rate: 150.81 AUD
Actual Approved Rate: 150.81 AUD

2 hours turnaround, submitted immediate post booking. Non-refundable rate on both sites. Through Agoda. 1st out of 1 using BPG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.