Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions

Older Thread (Prior to December 31, 2016) could be found here. The Wiki was taken from this thread.
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
I found something strange tonight.

Is it the end of the first night free ?

Or it is an old advertise or a new coming soon...
Old Jan 30, 2016, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Normal for Non-US residents. Anybody living in the US should only be offered checks; rather odd that it happened in that instance but it sounds like it was quickly fixed.
Thank you for confirming my suspicions. After reading the response from mitpat474, I assumed it may be something typical for non-US customers - hence why I've never experienced it before. Likely just a mistake I'm sure, and yes, it was remedied within minutes with a quick email.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by Lotfi070
I found something strange tonight.

Is it the end of the first night free ?

Or it is an old advertise or a new coming soon...
saw this in a hotel?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
Originally Posted by emkay
saw this in a hotel?
Yes yesterday in a holiday inn express in Belgium
Old Jan 31, 2016, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Old advert, saw it in a HIX in Germany.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
Old advert, saw it in a HIX in Germany.
Good to know then ^
Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by JDavis625
New situation to me, has anyone had previous experience with this?:

I had a BRG stay last Sunday which was not adjusted prior to my arrival. As per my past experiences and all accounts that I've read, this should result in a check automatically being mailed within 3-4 weeks after the stay.

Just a few minutes ago, however, I received an email from the BPG department saying that since they were unable to adjust my stay (five days ago) that they would reimburse me through a bank transfer. The email goes on to ask for the "guest information" (my name and mailing address), my bank's information and address, and then my bank account and routing numbers.

Has anyone had this experience in the past?

Update: Right before posting this I messaged back that I wasn't comfortable sending my banking information through unsecured email and asked to be reimbursed via check. Within minutes they responded back that they would be mailing a check to my address on file.
A bit OT but as a foreigner can someone please explain to me the US aversion to Internet banking? Cheques (Checks) hardly exist in Australia any more except for official bank cheques used to buy a house or similar large purchase. It must create so much more unneeded processing cost. On the same point we generally happily share internet banking details by email etc. here.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by travelislife
A bit OT but as a foreigner can someone please explain to me the US aversion to Internet banking? Cheques (Checks) hardly exist in Australia any more except for official bank cheques used to buy a house or similar large purchase. It must create so much more unneeded processing cost. On the same point we generally happily share internet banking details by email etc. here.
I didn't realize this was a cultural thing. Personally, I just tend to be extra cautious in regards to my primary bank account / debit card information. Waiting for replacement credit cards when an account is compromised is bad enough - I'd like to take whatever reasonable steps I can to ensure some hacker doesn't clear out my bank account at an inopportune time.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Per the program Terms and Conditions, to be eligible for a Valid Claim a guest must: “Complete a valid room booking with the lowest available price (room rate) on any IHG website for any IHG branded hotel using the ‘Best Available Rate Search.

Since the rate of EUR 70.20 under IHG Rewards Club Advance Rate has been verified to be the lowest available price on IHG website during the verification process, it needs to be booked by the guest in order to qualify for the Guarantee.
So you have to book a non refundable advance rate if available to qualify for BRG? I thought it just had the lowest price available for its booking type, e.g. prepaid, or flexible.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Enigma368
So you have to book a non refundable advance rate if available to qualify for BRG?
Sadly you're correct. The terms are much more restrictive than e.g. Starwood, BUT the potential payoff (a free night) is also bigger, so... yeah.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Do you have to book the IHG members only rate if it is available? (to qualify)
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Do you have to book the IHG members only rate if it is available? (to qualify)
Yes, you do.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:04 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by BorussiaMG
Yes, you do.
Funny, since this rate is "not open for public booking"...

HTB.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:16 am

IHG BPG cheating and validating my claim but adjusting my one night reservation to 2 nights without notifying me (!). Additionally my reservation was for 2 rooms, and they will only give the first room free, regardless of not having this anywhere in terms and conditions. I understand they want to prevent abuse, but then they should explicitly state that only the first room will be given free. And they should not adjust my reservation without telling me.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:58 am

So I cancelled the reservation and made another one for the same date, this time for 1 room, but they declined my claim because I have already had one successful claim for that date.... that's regardless of the fact that that reservation has been cancelled. In the past, I have never been declined for that reason. They really don't want to give me a free night. I think they should seriously do away with the best price guarantee, because it is becoming more and more pathetic by the minute

Last edited by DealAddict; Feb 6, 2016 at 11:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.