Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2016 promotion (September to December 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by wrongway
Perfect solution. Are you an IHG IT guy?
Who do I have to be to get free upgraded rooms all the time?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:32 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
September stay?

What does the "inclusive" verbiage in the t&c mean? Is a 1 night stay checking in on 9/30, checking out 10/1 a September stay for the additional 5k?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
What does the "inclusive" verbiage in the t&c mean? Is a 1 night stay checking in on 9/30, checking out 10/1 a September stay for the additional 5k?
Yes .... You will have stayed in September, on the 30th to be exact.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
I'm quite new to IHG and have a question about this promo. From my search, it looks like the stays are stackable which is great. But what about a points+cash stay combining with one of the others (like stay at two holiday inns)?

2,000 - stay once
7,500 - stay 5 nights
6,400 - stay at 2 Holiday Inns
1,000 - use points+cash

If I stay at two separate holiday inns, where one of them is paid and the other is points+cash, do I get credit for 3 of the 4 targets above? Or will points+cash not "count" for a stay meaning that I'll need 3 stays total (2 at HI and one anywhere else that's points+cash)?

thanks in advance!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EmoryFlyer
I'm quite new to IHG and have a question about this promo. From my search, it looks like the stays are stackable which is great. But what about a points+cash stay combining with one of the others (like stay at two holiday inns)?
No. In case you're not aware, IHG's points + cash is nothing more than a chance to buy 5000 or 10000 points (for $40 or $70 respectively) at the time of making the reservation. Once you pay the cash component, it's treated as pure points reservation from that moment onward. (In fact, if you cancel it, you don't get your money back, you get back the points you bought instead.)

And as a points reservation, it doesn't qualify for any of the other tasks.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by sdsearch
No. In case you're not aware, IHG's points + cash is nothing more than a chance to buy 5000 or 10000 points (for $40 or $70 respectively) at the time of making the reservation. Once you pay the cash component, it's treated as pure points reservation from that moment onward. (In fact, if you cancel it, you don't get your money back, you get back the points you bought instead.)

And as a points reservation, it doesn't qualify for any of the other tasks.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Hi folks

Couple of questions if I may?

1. If I book a reward night followed by a paid night (or the other way round) at the same hotel, is there any risk that the two stays will merge and the paid night won't post as qualifying? (I'm hoping it will qualify as a September stay + booked on the app + one of my 7 nights.)

2. There is some suggestion that we shouldn't book until the promotion starts. Is that true? I want to stay 6-8 September, so that would be awkward.

-

Mine is

2000 Stay Once
10,500 Stay More, Earn More (7 nights)
2600 Book 2 stays on the app
6400 Stay 2 weekends

18,500 Achieve 3/4
+ 5000 Stay once in September
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Earn 33,500 total bonus points.

Complete all of your Accelerate offers and earn 33,500 total bonus points.
My Offers

500 Download the IHG® App
Earn 500 bonus points when you download and sign in to the IHG® App. You'll get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card & find more ways to go further, faster.

2,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 3 night(s) and earn 2,000 bonus points.

2,000 Your Rate
Stay 2 times using our member exclusive discount, Your Rate, and earn 2,000 bonus points.

2,000 Change Your View®
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 2,000 bonus points.

2,000 A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 2,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

10,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 10,000 bonus points.

15,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 15,000 bonus points.

This is pretty much zero incentive to switch stays from Hilton 2x bonus.

Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:25 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Originally Posted by mad_rich
1. If I book a reward night followed by a paid night (or the other way round) at the same hotel, is there any risk that the two stays will merge and the paid night won't post as qualifying? (I'm hoping it will qualify as a September stay + booked on the app + one of my 7 nights.)
It has happened to me in the last round.

Be prepared to claim and hope you don't get an "adjusted" stay, but things will eventually get fixed (although I'm still waiting).
Old Aug 27, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

My Offers

Earn 500 bonus points when you download and sign in to the IHG® App. You'll get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card & find more ways to go further, faster.

Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 3 night(s) and earn 2,000 bonus points.

2,000 Your Rate
Stay 2 times using our member exclusive discount, Your Rate, and earn 2,000 bonus points.

2,000 Change Your View®
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 2,000 bonus points.

Stay with us for the weekend and earn 2,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

Why? 33.5k + your regular points will be enough for two nights in many places and it can be achieved in only three nights. I bet with Hilton, you'll need many more nights to obtain two award nights.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Why? 33.5k + your regular points will be enough for two nights in many places and it can be achieved in only three nights. I bet with Hilton, you'll need many more nights to obtain two award nights.
I agree! eponymous_coward's offer looks great to me. If it were my offer I'd immediately begin thinking about how to plan a weekend stay (Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun) at a Holiday Inn and then any one other night at a different Holiday Inn. Three nights = 33.5k bonus! It's like a "buy three, get two free" deal. The only way I see that being hard to achieve is for a member who routinely stays at ICs and never bothers with limited-service properties such as HI. But then, someone who stays a lot at ICs probably would be getting a much tougher challenge.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star®, & Rapid Rewards

My Offers

2,000 Your Rate

2,000 Change Your View®

Sad Trombone Sound Effect - YouTube

You could earn all those points in just 3 nights at a Holiday Inn (A one night stay and a separate two night weekend stay). That sounds pretty good to me!

Add in the welcome amenity points and regular point earning and you will walk away with 35,000+ points! Use that on pointbreaks and you could stretch those points for 7 more free nights!

Last edited by ChimarraoMate; Aug 27, 2016 at 4:27 pm
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What about Hilton 3x bonus?

Please go read the Hilton 2x thread in detail. Rumor is 3x mobile booking come October.

So do your 3 nights to get 35000 IHG points in September, and then head to Hilton in October.

All you get if you try to get a handful more points out of weak Accelerate tasks is that your Accelerate tasks will much worse the next time around.

ie, if you only stay 1 or 2 or 3 nights in each IHG promo cycle, they don't make your promos worse.

But if you stay significantly more in each IHG promo cycle, they start to ratchet up your task requirements, because they want you to stay more than you did last time.

Just look at all the people who are Spire (meaning they stay at IHG a whole lot) who get tasks like "stay 46 nights" .
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:13 pm

I am in the same boat as I have never used a "Corporate Rate" and will not be getting one in the next 6 months. I guess I will use one I find here or online on my first stay and see what happens. Although................................

"any misuse of corporate rate is considered a fraud activity subject to IHG® Rewards Club Membership terms and conditions. IHG® reserves the right to remove a member’s bonus points or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. "

Maybe I better spend my 700K points first.

Last edited by elusive1; Aug 27, 2016 at 8:26 pm
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by mad_rich
Hi folks

Couple of questions if I may?

That happened to me at the IC Hong Kong. Beware.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.