Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2016 promotion (September to December 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:09 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG,Hilton Honors
I got....

September Bonus Offer
Stay once in September and get 5,000 bonus points.

Stay Once Get 1,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 1,000 bonus points.

Double Points
Earn double points starting with your second stay. This last one seems like a "hey we wont set a target for you to hit but try your best and we will stop you at 30k" dont really get this one.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
My Offers:
500 Download the IHG® App
2000 Stay 3 night(s)
2000 Book 2 stay(s) directly through IHG.com
2000 Stay 1 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night
10000 Complete 3 of the 4 offers
15000 Complete 4 of the 4 offers
--
My question is: do bookings before the registration count? Coz I just booked two nights of HI Resort (Fri-Sun) for October few days ago on IHG.com, if it counts, that means if I book one more night for my coming trip in Singapore (at an HI Express), the bonus of completing all four offers (31500) is good enough to compensate the added costs (compared to cheaper non-IHG premises I would have chosen).

Also, given my preference in earning miles (AM), is it fine if I switch the earning preference option back after registration?
--
Update: I think I found the answer to the first in #72:
Originally Posted by tom_MN
Existing reservations have always worked in the past, and the terms and conditions don't specify a booking date.
So I guess Fri-Sat@HIExpress + Fri-Sun@HIResort + get app would qualify for all the offers?

Last edited by watery; Sep 6, 2016 at 5:32 am
Old Sep 6, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Hopefully all bookings in place to hit the target.

Does anyone know if a reward night booked prior to 6 Sep, but actual stay in Oct would count under the Earn When You Redeem? I know existing paid bookings are OK.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by parklife

Does anyone know if a reward night booked prior to 6 Sep, but actual stay in Oct would count under the Earn When You Redeem? I know existing paid bookings are OK.
I was just going to ask the same question as I have a redemption stay this weekend i booked a few weeks back. The T&C suggest not, but realistically the redemption doesn't occur until the stay completes.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:53 am

It was fine with the summer one. I had a couple of PBs booked before the promo started and it ticked those off after the stay.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
It was fine with the summer one. I had a couple of PBs booked before the promo started and it ticked those off after the stay.
Thanks! I'll keep them in place and if they fail to tick off I'll do a cheap magazine redemption or something.

Reluctant to rebook as the points needed have gone up!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! I'll keep them in place and if they fail to tick off I'll do a cheap magazine redemption or something.
Do they T&Cs really say that a magazine redemption counts??? I've never heard of an Accelerate task (in this or any previous cycle) that just required a magazine redemption!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Do they T&Cs really say that a magazine redemption counts??? I've never heard of an Accelerate task (in this or any previous cycle) that just required a magazine redemption!
Yes, "bonus points listed above will be awarded after you make redemption for a Reward Night, merchandise, gift cards, digital download or other redemption experience."
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
They have worked in all these promotions. This time last year everyone was downloading an Ebook for the outrageous cost of three points.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:01 am

Reluctant to rebook as the points needed have gone up!
You should be fine I think. Did you book it before the devaluation or is it PB or another sneaky increase that wasn't announced?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
For anyone redeeming points just for the sake of ticking off the redemption requirement, I've found in the past that you don't have to download anything. Sure, some of the e-books are only a handful of points, but you don't have to lose any points at all.

Now that the promotion window has opened (September 6), just book a rewards night for sometime in November, as an example. That will create an entry in your account for a redemption that fits within the promotion window. Your dashboard will update within a few weeks as having fulfilled the redemption requirement, and once the points for that task have posted to your account a few weeks after that, cancel your rewards night booking and receive all of those points back. Then you're not out any points at all. Just pick a date that's far enough away so that all of that can take place and you still have time to cancel. Free points, basically. Plus, it's an extremely easy way to get 1 task closer to your achievement bonus, without having to go stay anywhere or lose any points.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by watery
My Offers:
2000 Book 2 stay(s) directly through IHG.com
My question is: do bookings before the registration count? Coz I just booked two nights of HI Resort (Fri-Sun) for October few days ago on IHG.com, ...
From earlier replies I'm almost sure past reservations will qualify as stay. But still unsure if past reservation counts for this booking task. Anyone have experience on this? The terms are as follow:
--
Book 2 stay(s) directly through IHG.com and earn 2,000 bonus points. From our website to your mobile device, you're guaranteed to find the best rate.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of Qualifying Stays are booked during the Promotion Period on any official IHG® website, or mobile channel and consumed between 6 September 2016 and 15 December 2016 (both dates inclusive) at participating <brands> worldwide.
--
The booking in question is made on Sep 4 (non-refundable unfortunately). If "Promotion Period" is from Sep 6, then it might not count. Couldn't get live chat for enquiry yet. Any feedback is appreciated.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'd wait to see if it credits on its own. If not, I'd report it later as a missing promo credit. Don't bring up the booking date yourself, let them cite that on their own, if worse comes to worse. As it's non-refundable, a tough break that we all get at times in this game.

Best of luck to you!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I'd wait to see if it credits on its own. If not, I'd report it later as a missing promo credit. Don't bring up the booking date yourself, let them cite that on their own, if worse comes to worse. As it's non-refundable, a tough break that we all get at times in this game.

Best of luck to you!
A bit unfortunate that I could't resist to email the official for enquiry... with the booking date stated... The problem is whether to specially book another IHG stay (before that booked stay) to score the offer. Well if it's a definite no I'd simply forgo the promo and book non-IHG for my coming trip instead. If they don't answer clearly I might give it a try.

Fingers crossed, will update with their response when I get.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
You should be fine I think. Did you book it before the devaluation or is it PB or another sneaky increase that wasn't announced?
Yes booked a while ago for IC Times Square for 50k a night. Now up to 60k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.