Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2016 promotion (September to December 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
1: 5,000 Stay Once Get 5,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

2: 34,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 17 night(s) and earn 34,000 bonus points.

3: 13,200 Change Your View®
Stay at 3 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 13,200 bonus points.

4: 6,000 Stay a Little Longer
Earn 6,000 bonus points when you book a single stay of 4 or more consecutive nights.

5: 2,300 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

13,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 13,000 bonus points.

A - 5,000 September Bonus Offer
Stay once in September and get 5,000 bonus points.

B - 500 Registration Bonus
Register for Accelerate and earn 500 bonus points.

A, B, 1 and 5 are no-brainers on a single September stay.

3) isn't too bad, although I may have to go out of my way a bit for it.

4) I'm not thrilled about as I'm looking to burn some points, but might be worth it for the achievement bonus as well, although I really don't want to stay four nights at a Holiday Inn itself (overlapping)!

17 stays looks out-of-the-question on this one, barring unforeseen circumstances.

Verdict: slightly better than past quarters, but not particularly exciting.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Tony300S
Reward nights are reward nights regardless if they are Ambassador use or not. IHG counts reward nights as qualifying nights for status (per the new terms) but not towards any promos.
You sure mention reward nights a lot for a response to a question that didn't relate to reward nights
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by Temedar
In theory: 1st night should count, but not the 2nd one
In practice: both nights used to count, but YMMV
Interesting to know that they used to count. It's a shame that we're doing our first certificate stay on the 3rd-5th so just too early to find out how it gets treated for this promotion.

I'll be using a couple of certificates during this window anyway so I'll report back on how they are treated.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by boonkoh
I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but...

For the "book on app" bonus, is it only for bookings made in the app after 6th Sep, or the stay just needs to be after the 6th Sep?
Interesting question. I would have thought that it wouldn't matter when it was booked (as long as it was post-registration) but now you have me wondering.

The wording on the T&Cs are also a little vague. I would read from the below that the booking must be made on the IHG app (at any time if registered) and the stay must be completed between 06SEP and 15DEC, but it could be read that you need to book and stay between those dates.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of Qualifying Stays are booked via the official IHG® App and completed between 6th September 2016 and 15th December 2016 (both dates inclusive)
Any examples from prior incarnations of what happens in practice if app bookings are made outside the promo period?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by rapidex
One of my offers is "renew your ambassador status earn 5000 points".Trouble is I'm an RA,and my year ends 28 feb.Way to go IHG.You thought that one through.
IHG have just got back to me with a refernce no,and confirmed they will be marking the offer complete and depositing the 5000 points in my account when the promo goes live on 6th september.A nice result.^
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:30 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by N1AK
You sure mention reward nights a lot for a response to a question that didn't relate to reward nights
"complimentary weekend night certificates" are "Reward Nights" - I'll say it again, they will count as qualifying nights but not towards promotions.

You're welcome
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Tony300S
"complimentary weekend night certificates" are "Reward Nights" - I'll say it again, they will count as qualifying nights but not towards promotions.

You're welcome
You're wrong. From the Certificates terms:
Reward Nights do not apply in conjunction with the Certificate.
From the Reward Nights terms:
Reward Night stays are defined as those in which a member redeems points for a Reward Night and include Reward Nights booked via Points & Cash.
(...)

Last edited by FLYGVA; Aug 23, 2016 at 11:35 pm Reason: edited personal comment out of post
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I presume signing up to the new promotion has no affect on the current Accelerate promotion and the post of its points. I'm waiting for my last two to hit my account from a stay 10 days ago.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:35 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by N1AK
You're wrong. From the Certificates terms:

From the Reward Nights terms:

(...)
*** NON PAID STAYS *** - I'll say it again, they will count as qualifying nights but not towards promotions.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Aug 23, 2016 at 11:36 pm Reason: editzed quoted post
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Smythmeister
I presume signing up to the new promotion has no affect on the current Accelerate promotion and the post of its points. I'm waiting for my last two to hit my account from a stay 10 days ago.
It didn't on either of the previous two so you should be fine. The date windows don't overlap so you should't have any issues.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
EARN WHEN YOU REDEEM

One of my offers is that I get 1000 points when I redeem points for anything. My question is - if I do a cash + points stay, will that count for this "earn when you redeem" task?
Bumping this because it was my exact question. If I can combine them, then I can earn:
2000 - Stay Once Get 2,000
1000 - Stay For Less & Earn
1000 - Earn while you Redeem
5000 - Sept. Bonus Offer
= 9000

Which is either a net loss of 1k points on a 10k points+cash, or 4k net gain. But it also puts me one stay off of
6000 - Stay Smart
20600 - Complete 4 of 5

So I'm sort of interested there. Otherwise I'd need to book two points+cash? Or I guess an eBook for 150?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Interesting question. I would have thought that it wouldn't matter when it was booked (as long as it was post-registration) but now you have me wondering.

The wording on the T&Cs are also a little vague. I would read from the below that the booking must be made on the IHG app (at any time if registered) and the stay must be completed between 06SEP and 15DEC, but it could be read that you need to book and stay between those dates.

Any examples from prior incarnations of what happens in practice if app bookings are made outside the promo period?
If they were trying to exclude prior bookings, the language would've said "booked and completed during the promo period." I believe there was one of those during a prior Accelerate promo.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
Bumping this because it was my exact question. If I can combine them, then I can earn:
2000 - Stay Once Get 2,000
1000 - Stay For Less & Earn
1000 - Earn while you Redeem
5000 - Sept. Bonus Offer
= 9000

Which is either a net loss of 1k points on a 10k points+cash, or 4k net gain. But it also puts me one stay off of
6000 - Stay Smart
20600 - Complete 4 of 5

So I'm sort of interested there. Otherwise I'd need to book two points+cash? Or I guess an eBook for 150?
Stay Once and September components require a paid stay, so those are out of the picture. I believe a points + cash night will cover Earn while You Redeem, Stay Smart and Stay for Less.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Stay Once and September components require a paid stay, so those are out of the picture. I believe a points + cash night will cover Earn while You Redeem, Stay Smart and Stay for Less.
Hmm. Well if it does cover both Earn while you Redeem and Stay for Less then I'm set.

I guess worst case I can buy an ebook... I guess.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: TK E+
Earn 47,500 total bonus points.

5,000 Stay Once Get 5,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points. Terms
10,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points. Terms
1,000 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 1,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more bonus points when you use a combination of points and cash. Terms
12,000 Explore with Confidence
Stay in any country in Europe, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 12,000 bonus points. Terms
1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points. Terms
1,000 Earn When You Redeem
You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points. Terms
12,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of the 6 offers and earn (an additional) 12,000 bonus points. Terms
5,000 September Bonus Offer
Stay once in September and get 5,000 bonus points. Terms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.