Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Suite Disposition
ALL THE URLS AND LINKS IN YOUR EMAILS ARE THE SAME. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO "REPLAY" A GIVEN EMAIL.

Plays are linked to your IHG account number and your IHG link you receive in the email. The links contained are unique to each IHG account number and cannot be "shared".

If you didn't receive all your plays and think that HW might have gotten your email address incorrect, then simply click the link again in your email.

Their email is [email protected].

Quantity of emails received does not always equal quantity of plays available. Emails received does imply that you have plays available.

If you click on your email links and receive a screen with the below message then you do not have plays available.
We love your enthusiasm!
However, you do not have any instant win chances to use.
Complete a qualified stay before February 15 to earn another chance to win.

Prizes:
Chances of winning:
500 pts 1:1.18 or 84.75% (This does not mean you will be guaranteed 500 pts per play)
1000 Pts 1:14.29 or 6.7%
2000 Pts 1:28.57 or 3.5%
5000 Pts 1:42.86 or 2.33%
Other prizes or no prizes: depends on number of entries

5B Prizes= 1,000, 2000, 5,000, $50 GC & Free night

BE SURE TO REGISTER BEFORE SENDING IN ENTRIES!

Leave Surprises here:
500 points (x1098)
1000 points (x42)
2000 points (x26)
5000 points (x17)
$50 Prepaid MasterCard (x13)
1 free night at any IHG hotel (x6)
$2500 Gilt.com GC (x1)
Sony Package (x1)
No Win (x7)

Official Rules

Logistics of the Mail-In Option:
Index Cards Okay? YES (I used 3x5 blank index cards and they were accepted)
Lined Index Cards Okay? Yes, of course, enough with the index cards!
OK to mail cards not inside an envelope? Not according to the rules, which state they must be inside envelopes, one card per envelope

Need to write title before each line? NO

Need second phone number? NO

Middle name required? NO (Left mine out, still got emails. If it's part of your account info, maybe leave it.)

Printed Destination Address Okay? YES (I used printed a bunch of sticker labels and put them on envelopes, accepted)

Printed Return Address Okay? YES (I used an ink stamp)

No Return Address Okay? Yes

Envelope size? Doesn't seem to matter

Non-IHG MasterCard Okay? YES
Debit MasterCard Okay? YES (I used an Ally Bank issued Debit MasterCard)
Use somebody else's MasterCard first 6 digits? YES

There have been reports of mail-in entry emails being sent out on 12/4 and 12/11, and the emails came in rapid succession. This is indicative of HelloWorld batching these out.
Initially batches of emails sent out was on Fridays but as of of 1/6/16 appears to be Wednesdays
#1 Batch=12/4
#2 Batch= 12/11
#3 Batch= 12/18
#4 Batch(xmas)= 12/23
#5 Batch(New Years Day)=12/30
#6 Batch= 1/6
#7 Batch= 1/13
#8 Batch= 1/18-1/24 (emails appear to be arriving daily)
#9 Batch= 2/3-2/5

As of 1/5, points have been posting within a week(ish) of playing and getting confirmation that you've won points.

Points will be paid out without additional email

Some points have been distributed (probably in batches on either Monday or Tuesday)
Points Payout Batches:
#1 12/28 & 12/29--500 pts, 1000pts, 2,000 & 5,000pts (plays before 12/25)
#2 1/4 & 1/5 (plays 12/25-12/30?)
#3 1/11(free nights & pts) & 1/12 (plays from 12/31-1/8)
#4 1/15 (limited due to MLK holiday on 1/18) (for plays from until 1/14)
#5 1/19 (plays from 1/15 til?)
#6 1/29 (plays until 1/24)
#7 2/3 (plays until 1/29)
#8 2/5 (plays until 1/31?)

Has anyone received email with instructions on how to redeem prize? YES ($50 MC redemption instructions received 12/28)

--As of 1/19/16 10:00 am et(estimated) all plays were showing up as no wins. . The play site seems to be undergoing maintenance. Best not to use up the majority of your plays until things smooth out.

--As of 2:45 pm ET on 1/19 play site appears to be back up.

--as of 4:17pm ET on 1/19 500 point plays seems to be working again. No 5B prizes seem to be won at this time

--As of 6pm ET on 1/19 emails being received for wins during the morning hours of 1/19 where it stated no win after select elevator.

--As of 2:30pm EST on 1/20 still reports of nearly 100% 500 pt wins only. Best not to play alot of plays unless you only want 500 pt wins

--As of 8:00 pm EST on 1/20 multiple reports of 5B prizes being won again. Seems to be back to normal.

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/21 reports of $50, 2k, 5k, 1k pt wins (unsure of free night wins)

--As of 6:00 pm est on 1/22 everything seems to be working as usual(although very few mentions of free night)

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/25 seems like daily emails have been sent out since 1/18 until now.

--As of 6pm EST on 1/29 reports of emails being received from mailed in entries from around mid January. So turnaround for new mailings appear to be about 1 week.

--As of 5pm EST on 2/2 appears that emails have stopped arriving daily with many reporting last email received on 1/29.
Print Wikipost

Priceless Surprises Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by rgdave
I, too, use a personal domain email address without a 'catch all' box, but since the play link is the same for every email I've received, it shouldn't matter even if they mistyped my email address. The "valid play" is tied to your IHG account, not your email address, and clicking on the link didn't bring up any additional plays. (Although kudos to the poster who diagnosed the mistype issue ... it did get me go into my Exchange account and set up a catchall mailbox.)
That's a very good point regarding the link being the same. I knew that was the case but didn't think of it remedying things if they bork subsequent email addresses after the first.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Still have a chance at one of the other prizes... I might end up with 64 x 500 prizes now but hoping to get a $50 GC or free night...
what about your other 30?^
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Sob story ahead

I tried playing on my phone - was able to open the email and pick a floor, but instead of revealing my prize ... my phone froze! Either I get nothing, or I'll get awarded a surprise gift later, I guess.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
what about your other 30?^
25 X 500, 2 x 1000, 1 x 2000, 2 x 5000. Not bad at all
Old Jan 7, 2016, 4:24 pm

I am confused. If someone can lend some help it would be really appreciated.

My wife and I both have our own IHG accounts. We also share a common email address. According to the rules, a common email address is considered a no-no (just discovered this). About half of our entries submitted used the common email address and when I discovered this, we submitted the other half using two different email addresses. So in total we have three different email addresses that we have entered the contest with. Our IHG club profile had used the common email address for both accounts. I have now changed those to match the email addresses on our entry forms in hopes to get all 94 entries per member account. Two IHG accounts, three email addresses, 94 total entries per account.

Does anybody have any feel that the email address used for award notifications are the address on the entry form or the email address linked to the IHG account? I tried to call the contest question line with no success of an answer.

We have started to see notifications trickle in to the common address for both accounts. Those were mailed on Nov 24th. The points we won from the first batch received have posted to both of our accounts. All awards were for 500 points.

Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by babycakes01
The points we won from the first batch received have posted to both of our accounts. All awards were for 500 points.
Are you implying you found a way to double dip
Or do you mean say the points have posted to the appropriate account?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
i guess i'm out of entries...that means for me they havent input the mail in i sent on 12/7....although i've received 11 emails all together...
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:20 am

I got one on 1/6, played it from my phone and got a message that unfortunatley I did not win this time. I thought it had been confirmed that each play would win at least 500pts.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:22 am
Suspended

No. As detailed above, something like 114 out of every 118 plays wins at least 500 points.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:23 am

Nothing for me today.
So far I have only received emails (likely) from my November entries. And nothing for the entries in December.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:02 pm

MasterCard required!

Just a note to remind folks of something obvious that I forgot. In order to receive an entry for a stay, you must use a MasterCard to pay for the stay! I knew this at the beginning of the promo; my primary credit card at the time was a MasterCard, so I thought no more of it. In December I switched to a new card that happens to be a Visa. I then had three 1-night stays in succession in late December. The morning of checkout for the third stay, I remembered this requirement. The clerk was able to change my payment card, so I'll get an entry for that one, but it was too late for the other two. D'oh!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
i guess no emails today. I just sent off the last batch of idk, A LOT!! lo lmaybe 70 something or so,
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
i guess no emails today. I just sent off the last batch of idk, A LOT!! lo lmaybe 70 something or so,
time to start keeping track of everything
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by aviator8
I got one on 1/6, played it from my phone and got a message that unfortunatley I did not win this time. I thought it had been confirmed that each play would win at least 500pts.
yeah whats stated many many times..there is no guarantee of winning anything
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by bitachu
time to start keeping track of everything
Yeah I forgot to keep track of the actual dates I sent it in, but i know my greatest batches were today and around the holidays. hopoefully they will all come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.