Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Suite Disposition
ALL THE URLS AND LINKS IN YOUR EMAILS ARE THE SAME. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO "REPLAY" A GIVEN EMAIL.

Plays are linked to your IHG account number and your IHG link you receive in the email. The links contained are unique to each IHG account number and cannot be "shared".

If you didn't receive all your plays and think that HW might have gotten your email address incorrect, then simply click the link again in your email.

Their email is [email protected].

Quantity of emails received does not always equal quantity of plays available. Emails received does imply that you have plays available.

If you click on your email links and receive a screen with the below message then you do not have plays available.
We love your enthusiasm!
However, you do not have any instant win chances to use.
Complete a qualified stay before February 15 to earn another chance to win.

Prizes:
Chances of winning:
500 pts 1:1.18 or 84.75% (This does not mean you will be guaranteed 500 pts per play)
1000 Pts 1:14.29 or 6.7%
2000 Pts 1:28.57 or 3.5%
5000 Pts 1:42.86 or 2.33%
Other prizes or no prizes: depends on number of entries

5B Prizes= 1,000, 2000, 5,000, $50 GC & Free night

BE SURE TO REGISTER BEFORE SENDING IN ENTRIES!

Leave Surprises here:
500 points (x1098)
1000 points (x42)
2000 points (x26)
5000 points (x17)
$50 Prepaid MasterCard (x13)
1 free night at any IHG hotel (x6)
$2500 Gilt.com GC (x1)
Sony Package (x1)
No Win (x7)

Official Rules

Logistics of the Mail-In Option:
Index Cards Okay? YES (I used 3x5 blank index cards and they were accepted)
Lined Index Cards Okay? Yes, of course, enough with the index cards!
OK to mail cards not inside an envelope? Not according to the rules, which state they must be inside envelopes, one card per envelope

Need to write title before each line? NO

Need second phone number? NO

Middle name required? NO (Left mine out, still got emails. If it's part of your account info, maybe leave it.)

Printed Destination Address Okay? YES (I used printed a bunch of sticker labels and put them on envelopes, accepted)

Printed Return Address Okay? YES (I used an ink stamp)

No Return Address Okay? Yes

Envelope size? Doesn't seem to matter

Non-IHG MasterCard Okay? YES
Debit MasterCard Okay? YES (I used an Ally Bank issued Debit MasterCard)
Use somebody else's MasterCard first 6 digits? YES

There have been reports of mail-in entry emails being sent out on 12/4 and 12/11, and the emails came in rapid succession. This is indicative of HelloWorld batching these out.
Initially batches of emails sent out was on Fridays but as of of 1/6/16 appears to be Wednesdays
#1 Batch=12/4
#2 Batch= 12/11
#3 Batch= 12/18
#4 Batch(xmas)= 12/23
#5 Batch(New Years Day)=12/30
#6 Batch= 1/6
#7 Batch= 1/13
#8 Batch= 1/18-1/24 (emails appear to be arriving daily)
#9 Batch= 2/3-2/5

As of 1/5, points have been posting within a week(ish) of playing and getting confirmation that you've won points.

Points will be paid out without additional email

Some points have been distributed (probably in batches on either Monday or Tuesday)
Points Payout Batches:
#1 12/28 & 12/29--500 pts, 1000pts, 2,000 & 5,000pts (plays before 12/25)
#2 1/4 & 1/5 (plays 12/25-12/30?)
#3 1/11(free nights & pts) & 1/12 (plays from 12/31-1/8)
#4 1/15 (limited due to MLK holiday on 1/18) (for plays from until 1/14)
#5 1/19 (plays from 1/15 til?)
#6 1/29 (plays until 1/24)
#7 2/3 (plays until 1/29)
#8 2/5 (plays until 1/31?)

Has anyone received email with instructions on how to redeem prize? YES ($50 MC redemption instructions received 12/28)

--As of 1/19/16 10:00 am et(estimated) all plays were showing up as no wins. . The play site seems to be undergoing maintenance. Best not to use up the majority of your plays until things smooth out.

--As of 2:45 pm ET on 1/19 play site appears to be back up.

--as of 4:17pm ET on 1/19 500 point plays seems to be working again. No 5B prizes seem to be won at this time

--As of 6pm ET on 1/19 emails being received for wins during the morning hours of 1/19 where it stated no win after select elevator.

--As of 2:30pm EST on 1/20 still reports of nearly 100% 500 pt wins only. Best not to play alot of plays unless you only want 500 pt wins

--As of 8:00 pm EST on 1/20 multiple reports of 5B prizes being won again. Seems to be back to normal.

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/21 reports of $50, 2k, 5k, 1k pt wins (unsure of free night wins)

--As of 6:00 pm est on 1/22 everything seems to be working as usual(although very few mentions of free night)

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/25 seems like daily emails have been sent out since 1/18 until now.

--As of 6pm EST on 1/29 reports of emails being received from mailed in entries from around mid January. So turnaround for new mailings appear to be about 1 week.

--As of 5pm EST on 2/2 appears that emails have stopped arriving daily with many reporting last email received on 1/29.
Print Wikipost

Priceless Surprises Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by alben
Update: Received an electronics confirmation today (Jan 11) that the certified letter was received. No delivery signature on file?

"The following is in response to your January 5, 2016 request for delivery information on your Certified MailTM item number XXXXXXXXXXXXX. The delivery record shows that this item was delivered on January 11, 2016 at 3:36 pm in KALAMAZOO, MI 49001. There is no delivery signature on file for this item."
Weird. Every certified mail delivery is supposed to have a signature even if you didn't pay for the return receipt.

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
It's a Post Office box. You think they have a little guy in there waiting to sign for it?
It doesn't work like that. As I stated before, 49003 is a virtual zip and isn't tied to a certain area. Do you really think they have a single box big enough to fit all these entries in? Do you recall a bank vault size PO box the last time you went to the PO?

Certified mail works one of two ways in this case:

If it were a traditional PO box, they would leave a notice in the box saying that you need to come to the window and sign for your parcel.

Helloworld undoubtedly receives far too much mail for a single box, and thus the mail is held held for pickup at the PO by a Helloworld rep under the USPS caller service. It probably was in the batch of bulk mail and was just handed over to the rep without the signature by mistake.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by philip66
I called Priority Club and spoke with a supervisor about this. She put me on hold for 5 minutes and manually(?) posted them to my account. Now when I see the two free night under the free nights tab they show an expiration of 31 Dec:
Available Free Night(s):
Quantity 2
Booking Dates
15-Nov-2015 - 31-Dec-2016
I might have to do this. The tab wouldn't be there if you hadn't won that, right? It wasn't there before, or on any previous promo (1st time winning a free night.) Might take awhile before they populate this field with data, and I'm heading over near my regular IC next week. Want to see now whether they've opted into this one or not.

Vis a vis paid stays, someone should tell MasterCard their promo with IHG is falling into IT crevasses, and some/many of us won't bother using that card in particular, 'cause it's not doing anything for us. 5 days, ha ha!

9 paid stays November thru Dec. 7. Nada response after the initial 1000 posted. Only my test mail-ins produced any plays.

Possibly another case of highly imaginative marketing people giving decent IT people an overload project with impossible deadlines.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by SEAfarer
I might have to do this. The tab wouldn't be there if you hadn't won that, right? It wasn't there before, or on any previous promo (1st time winning a free night.) Might take awhile before they populate this field with data, and I'm heading over near my regular IC next week. Want to see now whether they've opted into this one or not.

Vis a vis paid stays, someone should tell MasterCard their promo with IHG is falling into IT crevasses, and some/many of us won't bother using that card in particular, 'cause it's not doing anything for us. 5 days, ha ha!

9 paid stays November thru Dec. 7. Nada response after the initial 1000 posted. Only my test mail-ins produced any plays.

Possibly another case of highly imaginative marketing people giving decent IT people an overload project with impossible deadlines.
I had to call three times. The first rep transferred me to a credit card promotions department. When I called the second time I asked immediately for a supervisor. He did not know what to do so I did the HUCB thing and asked for another supervisor. She knew what to do and posted them in a few minutes. May need to be persistent to get them posted immediately.

Oh, and I think you are right. If you have the new tab in your free nights page, you should have a free night(s) coming.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
My points from 1/6/16 posted into my account today.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
My points from 1/6/16 posted into my account today.
As did mine from 1/8/16 ^
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Check-in Date:Jan 1, 2016
Check-Out Date:Jan 3, 2016
Qualifying Nights :2
|
MasterCard Priceless Surprise Reward = 1000 pts posted this evening
Old Jan 13, 2016, 1:53 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
yup i also got my points for plays today(didn't get them on 1/11 or earlier on 1/12). These are plays that happend on 1/7

i'm hoping for a big group of emails tomorrow..hopefully 40 or 50...but we shall see.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Free night not showing online: "Known Issue"

My wife won a free night in the Priceless promotion. It showed up in her account activity two days ago, and there is now an entry under the Free Nights tab: "Congratulations, you've received a free night thanks to Priceless Surprises®, MasterCard® and IHG® Rewards Club. Choose from locations like Toronto, Los Angeles, or even Cancun. The choice is up to you!"

However, that entry shows Priceless Surprise free nights available and used both as zero. Just called Priority Club CS, was told by supervisor that she can see the night on her end, there is a "known issue" that IT is working on, and until it's posted the free night can be booked with a call to IHG.

IHG "known issue" with IT. Deja vu all over again.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:29 am

My mail-ins from 1st week of december still havent posted... but I am other people who submitted after me receive their priceless surprise offers...

Whats the deal..
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:02 am

Received 3 emails on one account so far today. 2 of them misspelled the email address.

I glanced at the code behind the page, and it appears that the winning prize is already determined when the page loads. Choosing one floor vs. another has no affect on the outcome.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:05 am
rev

Submitted all 94 entries the second half of November in 3 batches.
Received 1 email January 6; 500 points
posted to my IHG account today
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by littleconsumer
Received 3 emails on one account so far today. 2 of them misspelled the email address.

I glanced at the code behind the page, and it appears that the winning prize is already determined when the page loads. Choosing one floor vs. another has no affect on the outcome.
How did you get them if they were addressed wrong?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by tayfor2011
How did you get them if they were addressed wrong?
See post 947. Catch all for my domain.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by littleconsumer
Smart! This could be fun to look for next time I load that page.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
31 emails this morning, all 500 point winners. This brings my total emails to 93 of the 94 I mailed in over the course of the first two weeks. I've only one a couple of larger amounts, 1k and 2k a few times. My husband only had six emails the last time around and got 12.5k in that batch.

Data point: I'm in Michigan, just a short distance from Kalamazoo. Chances of lost or beat up entries is very slim for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.