Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Suite Disposition
ALL THE URLS AND LINKS IN YOUR EMAILS ARE THE SAME. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO "REPLAY" A GIVEN EMAIL.

Plays are linked to your IHG account number and your IHG link you receive in the email. The links contained are unique to each IHG account number and cannot be "shared".

If you didn't receive all your plays and think that HW might have gotten your email address incorrect, then simply click the link again in your email.

Their email is [email protected].

Quantity of emails received does not always equal quantity of plays available. Emails received does imply that you have plays available.

If you click on your email links and receive a screen with the below message then you do not have plays available.
We love your enthusiasm!
However, you do not have any instant win chances to use.
Complete a qualified stay before February 15 to earn another chance to win.

Prizes:
Chances of winning:
500 pts 1:1.18 or 84.75% (This does not mean you will be guaranteed 500 pts per play)
1000 Pts 1:14.29 or 6.7%
2000 Pts 1:28.57 or 3.5%
5000 Pts 1:42.86 or 2.33%
Other prizes or no prizes: depends on number of entries

5B Prizes= 1,000, 2000, 5,000, $50 GC & Free night

BE SURE TO REGISTER BEFORE SENDING IN ENTRIES!

Leave Surprises here:
500 points (x1098)
1000 points (x42)
2000 points (x26)
5000 points (x17)
$50 Prepaid MasterCard (x13)
1 free night at any IHG hotel (x6)
$2500 Gilt.com GC (x1)
Sony Package (x1)
No Win (x7)

Official Rules

Logistics of the Mail-In Option:
Index Cards Okay? YES (I used 3x5 blank index cards and they were accepted)
Lined Index Cards Okay? Yes, of course, enough with the index cards!
OK to mail cards not inside an envelope? Not according to the rules, which state they must be inside envelopes, one card per envelope

Need to write title before each line? NO

Need second phone number? NO

Middle name required? NO (Left mine out, still got emails. If it's part of your account info, maybe leave it.)

Printed Destination Address Okay? YES (I used printed a bunch of sticker labels and put them on envelopes, accepted)

Printed Return Address Okay? YES (I used an ink stamp)

No Return Address Okay? Yes

Envelope size? Doesn't seem to matter

Non-IHG MasterCard Okay? YES
Debit MasterCard Okay? YES (I used an Ally Bank issued Debit MasterCard)
Use somebody else's MasterCard first 6 digits? YES

There have been reports of mail-in entry emails being sent out on 12/4 and 12/11, and the emails came in rapid succession. This is indicative of HelloWorld batching these out.
Initially batches of emails sent out was on Fridays but as of of 1/6/16 appears to be Wednesdays
#1 Batch=12/4
#2 Batch= 12/11
#3 Batch= 12/18
#4 Batch(xmas)= 12/23
#5 Batch(New Years Day)=12/30
#6 Batch= 1/6
#7 Batch= 1/13
#8 Batch= 1/18-1/24 (emails appear to be arriving daily)
#9 Batch= 2/3-2/5

As of 1/5, points have been posting within a week(ish) of playing and getting confirmation that you've won points.

Points will be paid out without additional email

Some points have been distributed (probably in batches on either Monday or Tuesday)
Points Payout Batches:
#1 12/28 & 12/29--500 pts, 1000pts, 2,000 & 5,000pts (plays before 12/25)
#2 1/4 & 1/5 (plays 12/25-12/30?)
#3 1/11(free nights & pts) & 1/12 (plays from 12/31-1/8)
#4 1/15 (limited due to MLK holiday on 1/18) (for plays from until 1/14)
#5 1/19 (plays from 1/15 til?)
#6 1/29 (plays until 1/24)
#7 2/3 (plays until 1/29)
#8 2/5 (plays until 1/31?)

Has anyone received email with instructions on how to redeem prize? YES ($50 MC redemption instructions received 12/28)

--As of 1/19/16 10:00 am et(estimated) all plays were showing up as no wins. . The play site seems to be undergoing maintenance. Best not to use up the majority of your plays until things smooth out.

--As of 2:45 pm ET on 1/19 play site appears to be back up.

--as of 4:17pm ET on 1/19 500 point plays seems to be working again. No 5B prizes seem to be won at this time

--As of 6pm ET on 1/19 emails being received for wins during the morning hours of 1/19 where it stated no win after select elevator.

--As of 2:30pm EST on 1/20 still reports of nearly 100% 500 pt wins only. Best not to play alot of plays unless you only want 500 pt wins

--As of 8:00 pm EST on 1/20 multiple reports of 5B prizes being won again. Seems to be back to normal.

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/21 reports of $50, 2k, 5k, 1k pt wins (unsure of free night wins)

--As of 6:00 pm est on 1/22 everything seems to be working as usual(although very few mentions of free night)

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/25 seems like daily emails have been sent out since 1/18 until now.

--As of 6pm EST on 1/29 reports of emails being received from mailed in entries from around mid January. So turnaround for new mailings appear to be about 1 week.

--As of 5pm EST on 2/2 appears that emails have stopped arriving daily with many reporting last email received on 1/29.
Print Wikipost

Priceless Surprises Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by yoshapman
So I received all of my 94 emails, clicked them all, but in the end they posted as 100 points each on my American Airlines account and (so far) nothing on my IHG account. I'm confused what happened here - my earning might be set to AA miles on my IHG account, but I want the 500 points per night, not 100 airline miles? What do I do here?
I can't find it in the rules now, but I believe I remember reading that points will be credited in whatever way you have designated on your account. It appears that that is exactly what they did here. Perhaps someone else will be able to chime in, but I'm going to guess that this isn't something that can be reversed.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Comicwoman
Thanks to the posts that suggested emailing IHG/HW regarding missing entries. I emailed them on Sunday night and received my missing 23 entries this morning. As expected, they were all 500s as I had already hit by 5 B level prizes. And my family's luck excludes any chance of a A list prize.
Same thing here. Got 66 emails this morning after emailing them on Sunday. 3 1000, and the rest 500's. I just need these to post prior to 2/17.

I'm still waiting for points to post from 1/23 though unfortunately.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
So I received all of my 94 emails, clicked them all, but in the end they posted as 100 points each on my American Airlines account and (so far) nothing on my IHG account. I'm confused what happened here - my earning might be set to AA miles on my IHG account, but I want the 500 points per night, not 100 airline miles? What do I do here?
I think you would have had to undo your earnings before they posted. Maybe contact IHG and see if they are willing to backtrack and change the earnings fo whats posted but if your IHG is set to miles why did you think this would post as points?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your IHG account is set to earn miles that is the reason why. If you want points you need to set your IHG account to earn points BEFORE any play is processed. If you still have plays outstanding, set your account to earn points so the rest of the plays would earn points instead. (I would hope it is the play that would seal things, not the processed entry.)

Somewhere in the T&Cs, and the wordings were posted in this thread, that if your account is set to earn miles, you will earn miles based on the IHG program's Point to Mile conversion which is never a good value in any hotel program. Apparently the ratio is 5 pts to 1 mile hence you got 100 miles instead of 500 pts in IHG account.

The only way you could get this addressed, is thru IHG itself and see if they could craw back the miles and repost the points. Good Luck with that.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
So far so good!

Mailed all 94 as follows:
30 on 1/25
15 on 1/29
27 on 2/2
22 on 2/3

Received 59 out of 94:
28 emails on 1/28
10 emails on 2/3
21 emails on 2/8

So far all 500's and 3x1000. hoping for a bigger prize!

28 of my plays have already been posted on my IHG account

Still waiting for 35 more emails--hopefully in the next few days as the turnaround seems pretty good!

Quick question: Has there been other promotions like this in the past? For other frequent programs?? I will gladly write out more entries if other promotions are similar to this!!!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by express3
So far so good!

Mailed all 94 as follows:
30 on 1/25
15 on 1/29
27 on 2/2
22 on 2/3

Received 59 out of 94:
28 emails on 1/28
10 emails on 2/3
21 emails on 2/8

So far all 500's and 3x1000. hoping for a bigger prize!

28 of my plays have already been posted on my IHG account

Still waiting for 35 more emails--hopefully in the next few days as the turnaround seems pretty good!

Quick question: Has there been other promotions like this in the past? For other frequent programs?? I will gladly write out more entries if other promotions are similar to this!!!
No. And based on the unintended outcome of this promotion, no program would ever offer Sweepstakes with very high odds to win a minimum prize with such large maximum number of entries in the future. The costs to IHG on this promotion are much much more than it initially anticipated that is for sure. Think about that, you only earn ONE game entry after each hotel stay... but you could send in 94 entries, no purchase required! Their marketing dept screwed up but thanks to the US Sweepstakes law, the company has no choice but honors the prizes.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
If someone wants to edit the Wiki-

9 x 500 points
1 x 2000 points

84 to open tonight
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
My wife has not mailed any entries yet. She has not received entries for the three stays she had Dec. She made several calls and emailed hello world which has netted her several case number but no answers. She wants to know why she is being left out of this promotion she registered for.

I have received over 40 entries out the 91 mail in entries. We are both hoping to win a free night. Does not look good.

Last edited by nub2travel; Feb 9, 2016 at 12:39 pm
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Mailed all 94 late January/first week of February. Only 5 emails/plays so far. I figure I'll email HW if I don't get any more plays by the end of this week.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:57 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by express3
So far so good!

I remember years back when IHG had a sweep/promo/puzzler when they would post a different photo every week of some exotic place where they have a property and if you figured it out early enough (before the photo completes) they would give you thousands of points ... we had great fun with that one here on FT not to mention the thousands of points earned
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Happy
No. And based on the unintended outcome of this promotion, no program would ever offer Sweepstakes with very high odds to win a minimum prize with such large maximum number of entries in the future. The costs to IHG on this promotion are much much more than it initially anticipated that is for sure. Think about that, you only earn ONE game entry after each hotel stay... but you could send in 94 entries, no purchase required! Their marketing dept screwed up but thanks to the US Sweepstakes law, the company has no choice but honors the prizes.

I want to agree with this but I also think of the unintended consequence of now everyone who got in on this promo might stay with IHG more often, atleast for me that is the case. I am looking at mainly IHG properties for my future trips altho I still have the Choice card and look at those as well but I had/have a trip planned for May that so far 5 out of 7 nights are booked at IHG properties, the other 2 i haven't booked yet but would most likely be IHG. So it might turn out a win for them. Oh and those properties I am paying for 4 nights (and 3 are on points that I bought(not free)) so yeah they've unintentionally made money off of me thanks to this promo.

I also have plans now to book a weekend at an IC in August for a surprise Anniversay stay so yeah, i don't doubt they/ve gained a lot more customers thanks to the promo. They would acutally be smart to do it again!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Happy
Your IHG account is set to earn miles that is the reason why. If you want points you need to set your IHG account to earn points BEFORE any play is processed. If you still have plays outstanding, set your account to earn points so the rest of the plays would earn points instead. (I would hope it is the play that would seal things, not the processed entry.)

Somewhere in the T&Cs, and the wordings were posted in this thread, that if your account is set to earn miles, you will earn miles based on the IHG program's Point to Mile conversion which is never a good value in any hotel program. Apparently the ratio is 5 pts to 1 mile hence you got 100 miles instead of 500 pts in IHG account.

The only way you could get this addressed, is thru IHG itself and see if they could craw back the miles and repost the points. Good Luck with that.
I had this happen to me. I noticed my first 30 entries that won 500 IHG points actually got posted as 100 Delta points. Then I realized the huge mistake I made, and changed my earnings back to IHG. I called IHG customer service and they were not wiling to change them back to IHG points, even though the Delta points were going to take 2-3 weeks to post. The CS rep pretty much said that it is what it is and there is no reversing. It is a good thing I didn't play all 94 entries in one shot.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by wendydarling33
Emailed HelloWorld about missing entries last night and today received a batch of 60 which brings my total to 74. Still missing 20. Won the following:

2X 1000
1X 2000
1X 5000
$50 prepaid Mastercard
The rest were 500s.
This is first non-points award that I recall seeing among us here in a long, long time. This would disprove my worry that they have shut off these prizes for mailers, or maybe for everyone temporarily until some bug was fixed. Any other reports?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:41 am

Still no luck on getting Helloworld to post 12,000 points I won on the 19th when their computer crashed. I've contacted them several times and get no proper response outside of we have posted all points from that day. Here it is 3 weeks and no points posted. I've e-mailed them again but beyond this I will give up and not contact them anymore. I don't think I can force Helloworld to do their job. I did also contact IHG on Monday but have not yet heard back.

Dear CRAIG,

Thank you for your participation in the IHG and MasterCard® Priceless Surprises® Promotion! It appears that you may have accidentally received a message that you did not win when you played the game today. Please be assured that you have won the following prize:

500 IHG Rewards Club Points

Our system indicates that you should have won this prize 24 times, for a total of 12,000 IHG Rewards Club points.

We apologize for any miscommunication with the promotion and thank you for your continued support of the Priceless Surprises promotion.

Congratulations!

Prize Fulfillment Services
[email protected]
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:51 am

It's Tuesday, has anybody had points post today yet?? Or is it too early?? I was hoping my last batch of points would post today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.