Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Suite Disposition
ALL THE URLS AND LINKS IN YOUR EMAILS ARE THE SAME. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO "REPLAY" A GIVEN EMAIL.

Plays are linked to your IHG account number and your IHG link you receive in the email. The links contained are unique to each IHG account number and cannot be "shared".

If you didn't receive all your plays and think that HW might have gotten your email address incorrect, then simply click the link again in your email.

Their email is [email protected].

Quantity of emails received does not always equal quantity of plays available. Emails received does imply that you have plays available.

If you click on your email links and receive a screen with the below message then you do not have plays available.
We love your enthusiasm!
However, you do not have any instant win chances to use.
Complete a qualified stay before February 15 to earn another chance to win.

Prizes:
Chances of winning:
500 pts 1:1.18 or 84.75% (This does not mean you will be guaranteed 500 pts per play)
1000 Pts 1:14.29 or 6.7%
2000 Pts 1:28.57 or 3.5%
5000 Pts 1:42.86 or 2.33%
Other prizes or no prizes: depends on number of entries

5B Prizes= 1,000, 2000, 5,000, $50 GC & Free night

BE SURE TO REGISTER BEFORE SENDING IN ENTRIES!

Leave Surprises here:
500 points (x1098)
1000 points (x42)
2000 points (x26)
5000 points (x17)
$50 Prepaid MasterCard (x13)
1 free night at any IHG hotel (x6)
$2500 Gilt.com GC (x1)
Sony Package (x1)
No Win (x7)

Official Rules

Logistics of the Mail-In Option:
Index Cards Okay? YES (I used 3x5 blank index cards and they were accepted)
Lined Index Cards Okay? Yes, of course, enough with the index cards!
OK to mail cards not inside an envelope? Not according to the rules, which state they must be inside envelopes, one card per envelope

Need to write title before each line? NO

Need second phone number? NO

Middle name required? NO (Left mine out, still got emails. If it's part of your account info, maybe leave it.)

Printed Destination Address Okay? YES (I used printed a bunch of sticker labels and put them on envelopes, accepted)

Printed Return Address Okay? YES (I used an ink stamp)

No Return Address Okay? Yes

Envelope size? Doesn't seem to matter

Non-IHG MasterCard Okay? YES
Debit MasterCard Okay? YES (I used an Ally Bank issued Debit MasterCard)
Use somebody else's MasterCard first 6 digits? YES

There have been reports of mail-in entry emails being sent out on 12/4 and 12/11, and the emails came in rapid succession. This is indicative of HelloWorld batching these out.
Initially batches of emails sent out was on Fridays but as of of 1/6/16 appears to be Wednesdays
#1 Batch=12/4
#2 Batch= 12/11
#3 Batch= 12/18
#4 Batch(xmas)= 12/23
#5 Batch(New Years Day)=12/30
#6 Batch= 1/6
#7 Batch= 1/13
#8 Batch= 1/18-1/24 (emails appear to be arriving daily)
#9 Batch= 2/3-2/5

As of 1/5, points have been posting within a week(ish) of playing and getting confirmation that you've won points.

Points will be paid out without additional email

Some points have been distributed (probably in batches on either Monday or Tuesday)
Points Payout Batches:
#1 12/28 & 12/29--500 pts, 1000pts, 2,000 & 5,000pts (plays before 12/25)
#2 1/4 & 1/5 (plays 12/25-12/30?)
#3 1/11(free nights & pts) & 1/12 (plays from 12/31-1/8)
#4 1/15 (limited due to MLK holiday on 1/18) (for plays from until 1/14)
#5 1/19 (plays from 1/15 til?)
#6 1/29 (plays until 1/24)
#7 2/3 (plays until 1/29)
#8 2/5 (plays until 1/31?)

Has anyone received email with instructions on how to redeem prize? YES ($50 MC redemption instructions received 12/28)

--As of 1/19/16 10:00 am et(estimated) all plays were showing up as no wins. . The play site seems to be undergoing maintenance. Best not to use up the majority of your plays until things smooth out.

--As of 2:45 pm ET on 1/19 play site appears to be back up.

--as of 4:17pm ET on 1/19 500 point plays seems to be working again. No 5B prizes seem to be won at this time

--As of 6pm ET on 1/19 emails being received for wins during the morning hours of 1/19 where it stated no win after select elevator.

--As of 2:30pm EST on 1/20 still reports of nearly 100% 500 pt wins only. Best not to play alot of plays unless you only want 500 pt wins

--As of 8:00 pm EST on 1/20 multiple reports of 5B prizes being won again. Seems to be back to normal.

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/21 reports of $50, 2k, 5k, 1k pt wins (unsure of free night wins)

--As of 6:00 pm est on 1/22 everything seems to be working as usual(although very few mentions of free night)

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/25 seems like daily emails have been sent out since 1/18 until now.

--As of 6pm EST on 1/29 reports of emails being received from mailed in entries from around mid January. So turnaround for new mailings appear to be about 1 week.

--As of 5pm EST on 2/2 appears that emails have stopped arriving daily with many reporting last email received on 1/29.
Print Wikipost

Priceless Surprises Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
DH has 5 brands and 15 nights as 2 activities. We said No Way!

I read you have an IC stay planned that is a weekend? - if you would have more IC stays in the future you may consider buying the Ambassador status. It gives an annual b1g1 weekend night starting immediately when you got the package. You will receive some fruit plate amenity on each IHG stay and room upgrade when available. The b1g1 weekend night would make the cost break even with the rest being gravy.

Then the real benefits start from 2nd year renewal (cheaper cost too).

It offers an additional 10% rebate on reward redemption on top of the 10% from holding the IHG credit card, when you renew the status next year (there are a few options to choose from on how you want to renew).
It's not planned yet but yes I do have it in mind and way ahead of you, I think I want to stay in august but was planning on joining ambassador to be able to use the BOGO with this stay.

Yeah I just think the 15 nights for me is a bit much but who knows. B/f account got a sweet deal and doable but we are loading up my account since its platinum and i get more points back, I just made his account for this promo but if its right i may use it.

Unfortunately my mom advised today (she broke her ankle a few weeks back) that she doesn't feel up to doing out vacation in may, so that will severely cut back my stays thru april. Planned 7 nights with that trip at IHG, 5 were already booked. Kinda bummed but oh well.

Happy, are you ambassador? I thought the fruit was only for IC but you say for every ihg stay? Yes, i read the cost is cheaper the second year, I may just do it yearly for the bogo but lets see. I have 2 IC's nearby plus I think there is 3 statewide so for sure it will get used except that I am cheap but I can see splurging here or there for a staycation or nearcation if i gget some upgrades and what not! Might even consider re-booking at an IC when mom gets back on her feet so to speak!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
93 so far, 57,500 points.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
93 so far, 57,500 points.
Nice!!! That is an impressive haul!

I got like 21 entries left that I mailed off last week but so far I am at 48, 000. I am hoping that my other entries all yield 500 so I can be at 54k+
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miadukes
Nice!!! That is an impressive haul!

I got like 21 entries left that I mailed off last week but so far I am at 48, 000. I am hoping that my other entries all yield 500 so I can be at 54k+
yes, happy with that, i had seven actual stays, and also had 94 entries submitted. i had thought the total between stays and submissions that 94 was the absolute total, but going by the dashboard, i expect otherwise. on the dashboard it exceeds 94 stays, so i'm anticipating 101 in total.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
yes, happy with that, i had seven actual stays, and also had 94 entries submitted. i had thought the total between stays and submissions that 94 was the absolute total, but going by the dashboard, i expect otherwise. on the dashboard it exceeds 94 stays, so i'm anticipating 101 in total.
That is good to hear because I believe I mailed in total 94 and then had an unexpected stay this past weekend so wasn't sure if that would void anything.

I thought i had 93 sent but it may have been 94, I forgot what I sent last week.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:30 pm

How long has posting taking? Earned about 34K last week...only 5K have posted.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:35 pm
Suspended

About 7-10 days.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by mschwa3439
How long has posting taking? Earned about 34K last week...only 5K have posted.
Originally Posted by jsk1973
About 7-10 days.
I thought for sure my last 12 plays would post tonight like a usual tuesday but I haven't seen them post yet. They were played on 1-25,26,29. My points posted on 2-2 were plays including up to 1-24. I guess I will have to wait another week. Let's see.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I am very late to this party. I haven't paid much attention to this promo since I haven't had many stays lately. The other day I got an email with the game link for a stay I had last week, and had not looked at this thread or realized there was an entry by mail option.

Reading the rules, entries have to be postmarked by Feb 15, and the contest ends Feb 29. Given the lag time for receiving emails, do you think it is worth it for me to mail any entries this late?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
I am very late to this party. I haven't paid much attention to this promo since I haven't had many stays lately. The other day I got an email with the game link for a stay I had last week, and had not looked at this thread or realized there was an entry by mail option.

Reading the rules, entries have to be postmarked by Feb 15, and the contest ends Feb 29. Given the lag time for receiving emails, do you think it is worth it for me to mail any entries this late?
Why not? All u have to lose is some time and stamps. Just send a few doesn't have to be 94. Heck I knew about this forever and thought it wasn't going to be any return. So I only sent in about 50. But only got 35 returned. Still waiting for the rest. I should have sent more. But I'm happy to get something back.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:34 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Originally Posted by patpatpatme
why would they be rejected? highly questionable if they would lose that many letters, especially if using a printer for the address..
You must have misread. Out of 46 mailed prior to this week, I was given points for 45. Only one is outstanding.

Yes.

I sent my remaining entries in the last two days.

My brother and sister law have not even started filling out their notecards, but plan to before friday.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

say the cost in dollar terms is c $75 for postage, cards, envelopes, and snacks, and whatever you value your time at, you can expect to get c 50K points, give or take, a free night, whatever you value that at. USD300-350 on point value. you've still got time^ worth it for most.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Emailed IHG on Sunday about missing entries. Received an email a few minutes ago stating there is a backlog and to be patient. All of my entries were mailed on December 26.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum

It's definitely worth it. If you are pressed for time, the expected value for the first 15-20 entries is considerably higher than the rest of the entries, because you only get a maximum of 5 prizes that are more than 500 points (technically you can also win one of the massive prizes, but that is pretty unlikely). So, the first 20 entries are worth more than the next 20. You'll probably end up with about 12000-15000 points from those 20. So if you only have 30 min to do this, it's still worth it.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by sleuth
Emailed IHG on Sunday about missing entries. Received an email a few minutes ago stating there is a backlog and to be patient. All of my entries were mailed on December 26.
Oh guess I don't need to email them. But people are reporting much quicker turnaround times now. They must still be operating in LIFO mode.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.