Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2008 - 2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2008 - 2013)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
I don't travel frequently to HK, however, the old IC just a few blocks away is dated but more reliable. Also, my last visit I stayed in HK proper at the CP Causeway Bay and found it just fine...not as opulent as other IC's, but nice all the same.
Thanks for the info regarding your experience but you are bumming me out. Really wanted to stay at this facility in June. (1st time in HK) Will likely look for another facility. Any experience at the Grand Stanford?
Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by punkmonkey
Thanks for the info regarding your experience but you are bumming me out. Really wanted to stay at this facility in June. (1st time in HK) Will likely look for another facility. Any experience at the Grand Stanford?
Thanks
Grand Stanford is older and in need of an update. The property is fine, convenient with professional staff. Stay here and take the five-minute walk over to the newer IC (Salisbury Way), order a drink or two and watch the 8pm harbor light-show from their lounge....spectacular views and worth the price of drinks.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
IC Times Square

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 1 king bed deluxe (cheapest room), Upgraded to King Corner Sky View

How are the rooms?
Very nice, everything is new and well thought out. The rooms are spacious for New York. Comfy bed. The bathroom is spacious, the roomy rain shower is super. No bath in our unit but we don't use anyway.

King Corner Sky View: We stayed in 2725 (hudson view and to downtown/Times Square).

How is the Club Lounge?
There is no club lounge.

What was good and what was bad?

GOOD
-It is pretty new
-location is great--we could walk almost everywhere we wanted except downtown Manhattan and Brooklyn
-staff were great, service good
-free internet
-Soap smells like roses (Gilchrist and Soames)
-Upgrade was honored on points
-Quiet for New York
-Turn down service is nice with chocolates, etc..
-restaurant is ok for breakfast although bagels not up to snuff!
- contrary to others, room was a good size for NY hotel rooms

BAD
--Daily water forgotten 1 day (but they brought glass bottled water up right away when informed)

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Six nights at 40K points per--good value--rates ranged from high $200s to high $400s during our stay for basic king rooms.

Would you return?
Absolutely!
Old Dec 25, 2011, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
IC Jiuzhaigou

Platinum Ambassador

Yes( The area made me happy more than the hotel)

Booked deluxe double mountain view, gotten club double.

What was your welcome gift?

There was nothing

Did you receive fruit in the room?

Yes

How is the Club Lounge?

Lounge was closed so Non-applicable.

PROS:
Hotel is large.
It is an amazing property, the scenery was the best I have ever seen in life.
Club room was to the large size, there was a balcony and a fireplace.

Plat Amb Benefits:
A one level upgrade
300 CNY laundry Credit
Free Soft drinks in the minibar
Free cakes

Well, the soft drinks and cake were explicitly requested.

Cons:
Laundry charge appeared on my bill when checking out, I needed to mentioned that it was free then they removed it.

50CNY for Internet despite it being mentioned that it was free by the check in clerk.

Despite the upgrade to a club room, there was no breakfast, they "Sold" me breakfast at a discounted rate. 100 Yuan(service charge included) for 2 of us for 2 mornings.

Breakfast was a mess, more chinesety than westernised. Only one option of eggs, Sunny Sided up only. I saw staff giving boxes and chopsticks to take away breakfast.

I chose a mountain view room right for the start because I really wanted to see the view. They nicely upgraded me to a club room which is much appreciated but there was no view!

The location is far from the Scenic area entrance, around 30 km. I paid 60Yuan for a one way from hotel to Scenic area. It should be 50 but roads iced up and I was fine with the driver's explanation.

Was DCCed at this property, staff did not know how to handle it. Was disappointed, circled it and going to call my issuing bank.

Used a BOGO, so it was value for $

Would you return?
Would opt for a Jiuzhaigou Xizhang homestay the next time round or the Sheraton 1.5km away from the scenic area entrance.

Nonetheless, property was nice and only if the staff had more communications between them.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tycosiao
Platinum Ambassador

Yes( The area made me happy more than the hotel)

Booked deluxe double mountain view, gotten club double.

What was your welcome gift?

There was nothing

Did you receive fruit in the room?

Yes

How is the Club Lounge?

Lounge was closed so Non-applicable.

PROS:
Hotel is large.
It is an amazing property, the scenery was the best I have ever seen in life.
Club room was to the large size, there was a balcony and a fireplace.

Plat Amb Benefits:
A one level upgrade
300 CNY laundry Credit
Free Soft drinks in the minibar
Free cakes

Well, the soft drinks and cake were explicitly requested.

Cons:
Laundry charge appeared on my bill when checking out, I needed to mentioned that it was free then they removed it.

50CNY for Internet despite it being mentioned that it was free by the check in clerk.

Despite the upgrade to a club room, there was no breakfast, they "Sold" me breakfast at a discounted rate. 100 Yuan(service charge included) for 2 of us for 2 mornings.

Breakfast was a mess, more chinesety than westernised. Only one option of eggs, Sunny Sided up only. I saw staff giving boxes and chopsticks to take away breakfast.

I chose a mountain view room right for the start because I really wanted to see the view. They nicely upgraded me to a club room which is much appreciated but there was no view!

The location is far from the Scenic area entrance, around 30 km. I paid 60Yuan for a one way from hotel to Scenic area. It should be 50 but roads iced up and I was fine with the driver's explanation.

Was DCCed at this property, staff did not know how to handle it. Was disappointed, circled it and going to call my issuing bank.

Used a BOGO, so it was value for $

Would you return?
Would opt for a Jiuzhaigou Xizhang homestay the next time round or the Sheraton 1.5km away from the scenic area entrance.

Nonetheless, property was nice and only if the staff had more communications between them.
Sheraton is a good option (as stated in the China forum), and yeah I had major DCC issues with this place too. Lounge only seems open 2 months/year or something slim like that.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Sheraton is a good option (as stated in the China forum), and yeah I had major DCC issues with this place too. Lounge only seems open 2 months/year or something slim like that.
It was a BOC machine.

I believe the pool is also only opened during peak season.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
It was a BOC machine.

I believe the pool is also only opened during peak season.
Yes, odd that it is an indoor pool too.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
IC Manila

-Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes!

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a King Deluxe, but was upgraded to a Junior Suite Smoking (didn't smell though)

- How are the rooms?
Beautiful Junior suite room with big comfortable bed and sitting area. It had a nice new flat screen tv and plenty of stations. Bathroom was big with a nice tub and separate shower area. It also had dual sinks, which was a welcome addition after staying in small hotels with one sink with the fiancee.

- How is the exec. lounge?
Didn't ask if we had access and didn't go; we were only there for one night.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Staff were great, albeit a little slow during check-in and check-out (this is the Philippines though).
Was given a voucher for free parking for my fiancee's cousin who dropped us off.
Free fruit after we checked in.
We had to ask for some bottled water, but staff came up and gave us 4 free small bottles when we asked.
Two free drink vouchers that we used at night in the hotel bar downstairs.

Bad:
Nothing really.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Got a super saver rate for 6000++ PHP ($136 USD) and upgrade to a suite, so most definitely. This was a welcome change from staying in pension houses while traveling around remote areas of Philippines.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 12:34 am

IC Jiuzhaigou Points posting

To add woes to my post check out,

My stay was posted as non-qualifying despite it being an ambassador weekend rate using BOGO.

Old Jan 1, 2012, 12:52 am

To add woes to my post check out,

My stay was posted as non-qualifying despite it being an ambassador weekend rate using BOGO.

Did you call PC?
Old Jan 1, 2012, 4:26 am

Did you call PC?
I submitted an online claim and if it still posts as non-qualifying, I will have to call.

There's no toll-free number to call PC in Singapore.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:54 am

I submitted an online claim and if it still posts as non-qualifying, I will have to call.

There's no toll-free number to call PC in Singapore.
1800 and Skype is your friend.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 12:38 pm

1800 and Skype is your friend.
Thanks, I use Skype to call the PC Philippines number but I wanted to see if it could be rectified by the online claim.

But PC does not have a SG 1800 number that I can call directly right?
Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:42 pm

InterContinental Paris Le Grand

Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
It was OK.

Had multiple bookings which included 3 nights in Opera View Room and 2 nights on BOGO in club room. Ended up in a junior suite.

How are the rooms?
Quite large but did not like the toilet in separate room. Not well lit. Furniture is quite old and needs refreshing.
TV was quite small and in an odd position in the room.
No kettle in room, had to pay a 5EUR fee to get a kettle sent up from room service.

How is the exec. lounge?
Only used it for breakfast and free wi-fi. Wi-fi worked in room as well but had issues when connecting multiple devices using the same code so had to get separate codes. Breakfast wasn't anything to write home about.

Good:
* Room was big
* Got to keep the same room for all 5 nights.
* Concierge was great, really helpful
* Breakfast in the restaurant was great

Bad:
* First room smelled of smoke, we were moved after I complained the morning after arriving (arrived late and went straight to sleep before realising how bad it was). In the second room the ceiling had a leak in the toilet.
* Toilet was in a room on the opposite side of the suite to the bathroom and there was no basin to wash hands in in the toilet. This was very annoying.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
OK, but probably wouldn't return.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:42 pm

InterContinental Paris Le Grand

Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
It was OK.

Had multiple bookings which included 3 nights in Opera View Room and 2 nights on BOGO in club room. Ended up in a junior suite.

How are the rooms?
Quite large but did not like the toilet in separate room. Not well lit. Furniture is quite old and needs refreshing.
TV was quite small and in an odd position in the room.
No kettle in room, had to pay a 5EUR fee to get a kettle sent up from room service.

How is the exec. lounge?
Only used it for breakfast and free wi-fi. Wi-fi worked in room as well but had issues when connecting multiple devices using the same code so had to get separate codes. Breakfast wasn't anything to write home about.

Good:
* Room was big
* Got to keep the same room for all 5 nights.
* Concierge was great, really helpful
* Breakfast in the restaurant was great

Bad:
* First room smelled of smoke, we were moved after I complained the morning after arriving (arrived late and went straight to sleep before realising how bad it was). In the second room the ceiling had a leak in the toilet.
* Toilet was in a room on the opposite side of the suite to the bathroom and there was no basin to wash hands in in the toilet. This was very annoying.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
OK, but probably wouldn't return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.