Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Pointbreaks discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
My 2 cents on the list, which seems to disappoint people every time more

I don't see a problem of absence of higher-category properties here. For me the issue is location. I am primarily looking for properties matching my vacation travel routes, since I will not be spending my time inside property, rather on beach/city.

For me the issue is that many of the properties are not well located. There are some good ones though. Perhaps nothing to go for as such, but if it happens to be on your route. One such example is Holiday Inn Turku if you happen to be around Finland. The property is nothing to write home about as such, but in the middle of the city which is just awesome, a "don't miss it if being in Finland" during summertime. You can enjoy the city and archipelago and use the hotel for only sleep.
I'm going to be in Turku this summer, shame I burnt all my points recently!
Old May 27, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
so, has anyone else refreshed the Asia list more than a few times; knowing it's not going to change, but doing it anyway because you don't want to accept that there are really only 3 hotels on the list?

or is it just me!?
I'm not lying. I've been refreshing it for like an hour every few minutes.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:00 am

Well, I thought I had somewhat of a handle on UK geography, but had only heard of Canterbury and Bradford previously. At least I learned something.

I may book the Scotland hotel, it kind of works for me. Actually so does Stevenage.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Staybridges show sold out

I was trying to book either Virginia beach or Oakridge tn and both show no rooms available when U try to book them
Old May 27, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rrohio
I was trying to book either Virginia beach or Oakridge tn and both show no rooms available when U try to book them
What dates? June 4 works fine for Virginia Beach so some days are available
Old May 27, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
What dates? June 4 works fine for Virginia Beach so some days are available
Mid- July all dates show sold out for me
Old May 27, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Is this list is for June, July only or including August also? Thanks!
Old May 27, 2014, 10:24 am

Until July 31
Old May 27, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well someone somewhere may be happy to score one of those locations, but for my needs the list is quite ... how do I say it nicely... uninspiring. Oh well, I'm a bit surprised that not more Thai properties took the plunge, but that may come next round when impact from dropping tourist numbers has been felt for longer. Heck SQ is offering promo fares for 208 SGD from SIN to BKK RT which is close to unheard of.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Not too exciting a list but oh yes, I will burn some points for HI Turku where I would have stayed anyway and otherwise would have paid almost €100 a night.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by waygora
Until July 31
Through the night of July 31st, checkout on August 1st, you can also book rooms for the remaining bit of May off the new list (as I did for this upcoming weekend).

This new list is fine, I've booked 12 nights and am considering 4 more (5 miles less convenient than my current hotel...) and a couple of those nights were just refreshing existing 15k/night reservations. It's mid summer, so the nominal cash price for these rooms has been averaging $175 before tax, though in one case it just displaced a 8kHH/night room.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Question about this 2 res. restriction- does 4 rooms for 1 night violate this? I am able to book more than 2 rooms (4 res. total) for the same night at one hotel. Is this a glitch or not? If it's a glitch, should I cancel the 3rd and 4th room so as to not have my account closed if they catch this?
Old May 27, 2014, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by demue
Well someone somewhere may be happy to score one of those locations, but for my needs the list is quite ... how do I say it nicely... uninspiring. Oh well, I'm a bit surprised that not more Thai properties took the plunge, but that may come next round when impact from dropping tourist numbers has been felt for longer. Heck SQ is offering promo fares for 208 SGD from SIN to BKK RT which is close to unheard of.
Yeah, it's a great deal if it works for you, but sadly, most of these hotels are in hick towns that nobody visits.
Old May 27, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Amyrlin

honduras
intercontinental tegucigalpa at multiplaza mall
Nope. Not even one.
Old May 27, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by pokee
Yeah, it's a great deal if it works for you, but sadly, most of these hotels are in hick towns that nobody visits.
Actually a lot of them are in office parks where almost all the guests stay on negotiated corporate rates and very few people use awards. Do cubicle farms count as urban farming?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.