Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Marseille Hotel Dieu Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Did they end the Club Life Experience? I'm RA and will stay there on Aug. I booked for the Prestige Suite but it would be sad that if I have to pay for breakfast even I'm staying at suites.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by scienm
Did they end the Club Life Experience? I'm RA and will stay there on Aug. I booked for the Prestige Suite but it would be sad that if I have to pay for breakfast even I'm staying at suites.
Yep, ended at the 3x Europe IC's.. A few months ago IHG told the three trialling IC's they were no longer allowed to offer the Club Experience as trial period was over.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I really hope they bring it back...at scale! for a holiday it is much better than a lounge.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
There are two main components to Club. Breakfast and happy hour. In the past this hotel would give RA's drink coupons for all registered guests in the room. I expect they will return to that and hopefully RA's will have breakfast. I don't have any stays planned here til Autumn. We'll see.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Regarding Club Experience, the trial ended, but they are reviewing the trial data to see how it can be made permanent in some fashion. And as a regular guest here, I still got most elements including breakfast and complimentary drinks each day. And the usual Harbor Privilege Suite upgrade. Always a great stay at this hotel.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
I’m looking at this hotel for a trip in March. I’d like an Exec Harbour view with terrace. As a Spire Amb do I need to book an Exec or a Deluxe Harbour view to get upgraded to the harbour view exec? I’d have thought Exec but would they really ‘upgrade’ somebody booking a Deluxe harbour view to an exec without a view?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
I’m looking at this hotel for a trip in March. I’d like an Exec Harbour view with terrace. As a Spire Amb do I need to book an Exec or a Deluxe Harbour view to get upgraded to the harbour view exec? I’d have thought Exec but would they really ‘upgrade’ somebody booking a Deluxe harbour view to an exec without a view?
The Executive with Harbor View and Terrace should be the next level from the Deluxe Harbor View room. Was inquiring for a stay in summer (although booked through Virtuoso with Ambassador Status) and wanted the same room as one of the two rooms we need for the family (the other would be a connecting Junior Suite with View and Terrace and is upgraded from the Junior Suite with View)...
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:26 pm

any recent updates on this hotel regarding RA benefits?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saint77
any recent updates on this hotel regarding RA benefits?
What do you want to know? One thing I can tell you is that based on my experience, none of the IC's in France are strict on the mini-bar limits. Just don't go crazy.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I had a very nice stay this weekend, however it ended sad as the hotel closed its doors as soon as we checked out yesterday. They are hopeful they will be able to open back up in December but that will depend on the French government and how well they handle COVID.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 3:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just booked a three night stay in early August via Chase LH&RC. It seems they give you the following bennies:

Cardmember Benefits**
  • Full Breakfast for each guest daily in Les Fenetres
  • 85 Euros or $USD100 Hotel Credit – Not valid for Alcyone Michelin Star Restaurant, Spa by Clarins and Conciergerie
  • VIP Welcome Amenity
  • One way airport transfer from the Junior Suite Harbor View category and up
  • Bottle of Champagne with 3 night minimum stay
  • Free access to Spa by Clarins (Sauna, hammam, sensorial showers, solarium, indoor swimming pool, fitness center)
The following amenities are guaranteed, if available, at the time of booking:
  • Guaranteed Upgrade to Seaview room
Will report back what I experience there. Booked this based on your posts here, lets hope I won't be disappointed The family was wowed by the pictures on google reviews and the IHG website.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just booked a three night stay in early August via Chase LH&RC. It seems they give you the following bennies:

Will report back what I experience there. Booked this based on your posts here, lets hope I won't be disappointed The family was wowed by the pictures on google reviews and the IHG website.
One thing to note: I've found rates on IHGs website to be a lot lower than the FHR/Chase LHR rates. For my dates, 100 EUR difference a night! Debating whether this property is worth 100 EUR more per night over the NH Collection though.

Last edited by Adam1222; Jul 26, 2021 at 5:03 am
Old Jul 26, 2021, 12:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Well, early August is holiday season and prices in MRS and the coast are cray cray this year. 220-300€ for the Dieu when I checked. During the off or shoulder season the Chase offer makes no sense.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 5:04 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Well, early August is holiday season and prices in MRS and the coast are cray cray this year. 220-300€ for the Dieu when I checked. During the off or shoulder season the Chase offer makes no sense.
​​​​​​I think my syntax was off. Was looking at August, and IHG wanted 220 EUR and Chase 320.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 8:09 am

Hmm... I was only charged 734$ for three nights. If I look today for the same dates I get 251€/night on IHG and trivago's long list (w/o breakfast, its 291 with) and 873$ for 3 nights on chase LHR (~723€, ie 241€/night).
Adam1222 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.