Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Marseille Hotel Dieu Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Again an excellent stay at Marseille
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23783384-post1082.html

And what a weather: really great to go at the beach and swim on 1st and 2nd November!
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by nicolas75
And what a weather: really great to go at the beach and swim on 1st and 2nd November!
Wow I guess we were both there this weekend! And the weather was excellent. Before Marseille, I was down in Barcelona at the W and really enjoyed swimming in the Med. But we go every year around this time and it's almost always nice right up to the end of the school break.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: QFF Silver, BA Blue, GF Silver, 3V Emerald
Ambassadors get free spa access

Originally Posted by stimpy
I've used the sauna, steam and pool several times and it is indeed quite nice. Maybe the best such in France? I'm RA so no charge at all, but I don't know about other status levels.
I can confirm the spa access is free for Ambassador members - confirmed on a letter handed to me at check-in. I got all AMB benefits even though it was a reward night (incl. the 4pm checkout).

Great hotel but I though the drinks were a bit pricey (14 euro for a 500ml beer).
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stevejnr
I can confirm the spa access is free for Ambassador members - confirmed on a letter handed to me at check-in. I got all AMB benefits even though it was a reward night (incl. the 4pm checkout).

Great hotel but I though the drinks were a bit pricey (14 euro for a 500ml beer).
Pricey is understatement...More sounds like I-will-charge-what-the-hell-I-want...€6 per 300ml is already pricey. €14 per 500 ml is €2.8 per 100ml...You pay that price for a good quality wine by glass, not beer!
Old Nov 12, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: QFF Silver, BA Blue, GF Silver, 3V Emerald
Originally Posted by chongcao
Pricey is understatement...More sounds like I-will-charge-what-the-hell-I-want...€6 per 300ml is already pricey. €14 per 500 ml is €2.8 per 100ml...You pay that price for a good quality wine by glass, not beer!
If we're talking cost per 100ml, the price for a 250ml draft beer was €9 - €3.60 per 100ml! Even the cheapest water (Evian) in the bar was €6.50 for 330ml!

The bar was busy enough and they had some live music on so they've probably got their prices right, just not somewhere I'd have too many drinks!

To be fair to them, you can download the menu from their website which has all the prices on it.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by stevejnr
If we're talking cost per 100ml, the price for a 250ml draft beer was €9 - €3.60 per 100ml! Even the cheapest water (Evian) in the bar was €6.50 for 330ml!
Not cheap indeed
But very much like (and even cheaper) than any luxury bar in France.

A glass of Coke is at EUR 11 at Hôtel Bristol, Paris.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Not cheap indeed
But very much like (and even cheaper) than any luxury bar in France.

A glass of Coke is at EUR 11 at Hôtel Bristol, Paris.

I don't mind the cost in the bar. Do they still give RA's 2 x drinks vouchers per day?
Looking forward to visiting this hotel more often, now that direct flights from Manchester to Marseille have been established.^
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by turner32
I don't mind the cost in the bar. Do they still give RA's 2 x drinks vouchers per day?
Yep (received it last time)
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by turner32
Looking forward to visiting this hotel more often, now that direct flights from Manchester to Marseille have been established.^
Yes.Good for 2 glasses of champagne.^
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:51 am
Community Director Emerita

This is a beautiful hotel, well located, with excellent service. We flew into Marseille and took a taxi. It cost 65 euros to the hotel. The ground floor is exceptionally beautiful with luxurious fabrics and details. I had booked a harbor view room. We were upgraded to a harbor view terrace room. Having said that, the name is misleading. The hotel is several blocks up from the harbor. The view is over and thru buildings and trees. We were on the 3rd floor. Perhaps it would be better on a higher floor. However we had a dead on view of the cathedral high on the hill opposite the harbor. We didn't use the terrace our first night due to the heat. The next day, engineering cheerfully arrived with a tower fan. It made all the difference to enjoying this space. We had a table, two comfortable chairs, and a day bed with back cushions on the terrace.

We overlooked the expansive outdoor eating area. At one end was restaurant seating. At the other was bar seating. It's a beautiful space. We attempted to book a table at their gastronomic restaurant but were too late. It was fully booked. Their brasserie has excellent food albeit pricey. They have the same menu for both lunch and dinner. I would have liked to see it a bit more expansive. Breakfast was also served outside. A full buffet was 29 euros. The dining area is one floor above the entry and really adds to the hotel experience.

The room had Agrarija lemon verbena toiletries.

We took the petit train ride around the harbor and up to the cathedral. It was 8 euros. Taxis are 7 euros minimum.

Staff is very attentive. We are impressed. As an ambassador, I received a daily bottle of water and a bowl of fruit. I received a bag of lavender potpourri the first day. It was the perfect gift to give a sense of place.

I highly recommend this hotel.
travelista likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Nice bump SD1K. Glad you enjoyed it. I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but I've been staying here each autumn since they opened, booking two rooms as an RA. Each time I've gotten the top suite, which is like a Presidential Suite but they call it something else, plus the adjoining room which is an amazing deal. Each time everyone gets a free drink at the bar. Each time we dine in the restaurant and are very well taken care of. Each time we use the Clarins spa facilities which are great. It's a pretty faultless hotel and architecturally a real palace.

And yes, if you are on the top two floors you get a great view of the harbor. But you can also see it through the park and trees when standing at the front door.

Last edited by stimpy; Jul 18, 2015 at 2:14 pm
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last trip report:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25112179-post585.html
Old Aug 9, 2015, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I have reservation here and at the IC Cannes, which hotel would anyone recommend? We will have a car, so the travel isn't a problem. Once we leave the coast we are heading to Beaune, France for 3 days.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I have reservation here and at the IC Cannes, which hotel would anyone recommend? We will have a car, so the travel isn't a problem. Once we leave the coast we are heading to Beaune, France for 3 days.
For me Marseille is an easy choice. It is a much better hotel and I think a better destination. And I used to live near Cannes (and now near Beaune). Unless you have a real good reason to choose the Cannes area, you will be happier in Marseille and this hotel. Plus it would be a shorter drive to get to Beaune.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
For me Marseille is an easy choice. It is a much better hotel and I think a better destination. And I used to live near Cannes (and now near Beaune). Unless you have a real good reason to choose the Cannes area, you will be happier in Marseille and this hotel. Plus it would be a shorter drive to get to Beaune.
I figured the hotel it's self is better (newer) but really don't know much about the city of Marseilles and what is around it. We are driving from Bergamo, Italy (just northwest of Milan) to Cannes, so the drive to Marseilles isn't that much further.

We are looking forward to Beaune and what it has to offer..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.