Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Marseille Hotel Dieu Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
we didn't try the 1* restaurant
Restaurant is good, but is not worth the money (Paris price in Marseille)
Old Apr 25, 2016, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Just stayed here as an IHG Platinum (non-Ambassador), and it was great. Booked into a standard room with a free night from Accelerate 2015, but got upgraded to an Executive room, which was very good. Was offered the chance to change to a port-facing balcony or terrace for an extra €90, but passed on that.

Given the Intercon's reputation for ignoring IHG status in favour of Ambassadors, I was very impressed to get the following:
- Upgrade to Executive room
- Free access to pool/sauna/"experience showers"(!)
- Free wifi (normally €24?!)
- Late check-out at 2pm in theory, although when I requested this was told that 12:30pm was the latest they could do because the hotel was busy
- Verbal "thank you for your loyalty" at check-in and check-out
- Large bottle of mineral water delivered to the room with fresh fruit and a handwritten note (claiming to be from the General Manager) thanking me for my loyalty

Didn't try any of the food or drink (why pay the IC premium when it's 2 mins to the old port waterfront?), and the pool was a bit small and busy, but other than that, a great stay.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: IHG
I've been offered corporate tickets for a Euro 2016 game in Marseille. For the night of the game, there is no availibility at this hotel. I requested a price for a room based on the RA guaranteed availability benefit, even though they're sold out. However, they say that IHG benefits are not valid because of Euro 2016.. I don't think this is correct. Can anyone advise? Thanks
Old May 27, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by turner32
I've been offered corporate tickets for a Euro 2016 game in Marseille. For the night of the game, there is no availibility at this hotel. I requested a price for a room based on the RA guaranteed availability benefit, even though they're sold out. However, they say that IHG benefits are not valid because of Euro 2016.. I don't think this is correct. Can anyone advise? Thanks
From the t&c's:

Royal Ambassador members receive Guaranteed room availability for one room occupied by the Royal Ambassador member with 24-hour advance reservation. Reservations must be made before 12:00 midday (local hotel time) 24 hours prior to intended arrival for room availability to be guaranteed. Only in exceptional circumstances where the hotel has been completely reserved by the Government and with explicit IHG® Rewards Club approval, may a reservation be declined.
I would suggest that you contact IHG Ambassador Services.
Old May 27, 2016, 4:16 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
As per earlier reply IC's can't arbitrarily refuse the RA room booking guarantee, any blackout dateneeds IHGs ok.

IC knows full well they won't be able to walk whoevers room they give you to another equivalent local hotel as they will also be sold out , hence reluctance to follow the program. Plus premium rates for all local good hotels so if they could walk someone locally it would be a costly room, and the IC woud need make that back from your high room rate v walked person high euro rate.

I believe the IC has two ways to discourage or say no to you
i)If already overbooked by maximum %age I think they can still say no to an RA
ii)If not overbooked but IC not want to give you a room the IC can choose any room they like to offer (entry level, exec, suite) and quote some offensive very high rack rate for such room, so high that an RA will usually pass on.

Last time I invoked RA IC room 24hr guarantee was at IC BKK to add an extra night to booked stay over Chinese New Year, post checkin on multinight stay, and hotel were honorable as
a)quoted for entry level room
b)apologised but said 11,000Bt ++ as that was last sold rate for that room
c)informed me I'd still get my RA upgrade
Old May 29, 2016, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Deltus
Anyone know if I can get a free upgrade as an IHG Plat, but not Ambassador? I've booked a free night here next month, but wondering if it's worth it, by the time I've paid €29 pp for breakfast...
IC are part of the HI family but really don't upgrade PLT, now why not pay to upgrade as AMB PLT it was worth it for us. The breakfast was extensive but not too sure if it worth 29 euro, here are some photos from when we were there.

Yes Asian food

This is my fave photo, looks like cream corn, but I call it Cream of Scramble eggs, the french like their eggs on the runny side..

We were on the 5th floor, facing the harbour great room the balcony was huge and really made for a wonderful experience, these are the rooms to get.
travelista likes this.
Old May 31, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: IHG
Finally heard from the hotel today, after asking Ambassador services to intervene. They offered a Deluxe room, with NO benefits for €600 for the night of 11/6. That was the kind of rate I was expecting TBH. Too late now anyway as I've declined the tickets because it took so long.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle

Guaranteed Room Availability for Platinum Elite and Spire Elite Members
:

When contacting the IHG® Rewards Club Service Center directly and guaranteeing the reservation with a valid credit card, each Platinum Elite or Spire Elite member will be guaranteed one room for personal use, for reservations made at least 72 hours prior to the date of arrival, except during special events that result in extraordinary room demand, as determined solely by the hotel.
We might easily consider that one of the world's most popular sport events is a special event.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Special event blackouts do not apply to Royal Ambassadors who exercise the 'Guaranteed room availability' at any Intercontinental hotel. As per the T&Cs:

Royal Ambassador members receive Guaranteed room availability for one room occupied by the Royal Ambassador member with 24-hour advance reservation. Reservations must be made before 12:00 midday (local hotel time) 24 hours prior to intended arrival for room availability to be guaranteed.

Only in exceptional circumstances where the hotel has been completely reserved by the Government and with explicit IHG® Rewards Club approval, may a reservation be declined.

mxm135
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Original video on InterContinental Marseille

Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Beautiful video. I can't wait to go back.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Staying here right now, with family. Requested crib in advance (traveling with wife and infant baby). Am RA. Booked family room first night (paid), then 2 nights on points. Upgrade to junior suite was done, then upsell at check-in to junior suite with terrace (80/night - not sure why nicolas75 always seemed to get upgrade to prestige suite as RA - maybe they prefer French RAs?). Wife wanted terrace because she mistakenly thought it was 80 for all 3 nights. I realized her mistake, but said yes anyway.

- No crib in room, was never brought from other room either (if there was one in the room that we were originally meant to be in). We brought a "Sleepyhead" for our child, so not calling for that tonight.
- Air conditioning in room does not seem to work properly, doesn't go below 24.5 degrees. Other comparable room was offered, on 7th instead of 3rd floor, but terrace not as nice, so staying here. Manager on duty (very friendly) came to room 3 times. Technician did as well. Got a fan to help with the heat.
- Even if the air conditioning were to work normally, it doesn't work when the doors to the terrace are not fully closed and locked. That means if you were to spend time on the terrace during the day, you come back to a very hot room, no matter what.
- Ordered room service for 2 people. Only got 1 fork and 1 knife. By the time requested additional fork and knife arrived, food was cold.
- The bathroom design is AWFUL. No curtain or other type of separation in front of shower, so no matter how you shower, you will flood the whole bathroom (including area in front of WC), which is messy and actually dangerous because one could slip. Also, I will never understand these flat/rectangular sinks which do not drain properly either.
- One cannot individually dim or turn on/off the light in the living room, other than turning off the main general power switch. At least I could not find it.
- Breakfast not included for RA if not in rate. Again, nicolas75's experience as RA seems different.

+ The terrace is AMAZING. You could host a small party there. View is beautiful at night.
+ We got a little stuffed animal as a welcome gift for our baby.
+ Everyone was friendly and professional (except the guy who brought up the fan, who seemed to be in a very bad mood). Technician was also very nice. Did not speak English.
+ Building looks impressive.

Overall, first impression is mixed, mainly due to the air conditioning issues. But the terrace and the view do make up for a lot. Really nice. If I had paid the rate of 855 Euro per night for this room it is listed for, I would probably be mad, though.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:02 am

We've stayed twice as RA and got upgraded to a Prestige Suite (had to ask last time) and we're not French! Paid stays but can't remember room category.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
We've stayed twice as RA and got upgraded to a Prestige Suite (had to ask last time) and we're not French!
Not quite sure you need to be French to have an upgrade
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Not quite sure you need to be French to have an upgrade
I said it jokingly . We enjoyed the terrace today. The air conditioning is not strong, but it didn't stop working, so everything is fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.