Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Marseille Hotel Dieu Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2021, 5:14 pm

I have a stay booked for September through an OTA and I've been regularly checking the prices in case they drop so I can rebook, but today I noticed they've removed all availability from September 11 through September 16 (even on their own website). Anyone know what's going on?

Hopefully they're just making some IT adjustments, although it's a bit weird that it would affect all the rooms and only on very specific dates. Part of my stay is overlapping with those dates so I hope I won't have to look elsewhere.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 8:02 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Booked 2 nights mid-August. Unfortunately, the lounge is not open.
I've already been upgraded from Deluxe Room to Executive room. No terrace or harbor view unfortunately.
Will report back
Old Aug 3, 2021, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just got an email from the GM saying they are fully open (BTW there is no lounge at this hotel) and they have special family rates. They also have pet rates with special pet rooms and features. Maybe they had that before, but I wasn't aware and I don't recall ever seeing animals at the hotel.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
Booked 2 nights mid-August. Unfortunately, the lounge is not open.
I've already been upgraded from Deluxe Room to Executive room. No terrace or harbor view unfortunately.
Will report back
I will arrive Saturday at the IC Marseille. As I said earlier, I had been upgraded almost a week ago from the booked standard room (Deluxe King) to Executive King Room.
2 days before arrival it has changed to Deluxe King Harbor View.
I hope that's a good thing
travelista likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
I will arrive Saturday at the IC Marseille. As I said earlier, I had been upgraded almost a week ago from the booked standard room (Deluxe King) to Executive King Room.
2 days before arrival it has changed to Deluxe King Harbor View.
I hope that's a good thing
I have received once this time of room as my Executive terrace room was not ready yet.

The room is pretty the same as Terrace one, but unfortunately without any terrace which is really pleasant.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33466131-post32.html
unusualtravelblog likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 3:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
We had our stay there earlier this month and its a great hotel. The staff takes their work serious and is really nice. The place has a true 5* feel. The concierge gave great tips where to go to the beach, a boat tour to the calanques, a authentic place for dinner etc etc. When the time came to go for a swim a bag with towels and bottles of water was provided ...

The michelin star restaurant is closed due to lack of staff. The Fenetre restaurant is the only one open and does breakfast lunch and dinner. The activity is now centered around the large terrace. The space inside is rather small, I don't think they would be able to manage without the outdoors.

We got a 85€ credit to each room for 'anything you want to charge to the room' and a 50€ voucher each for dinner at the Fenetre. Besides this we got 2 signature cocktail vouchers per room, which were good for the 15-20€ cocktails served at the bar.

We paid 1200€ for three nights in two rooms. We used up the credits with a nice dinner on day 2 which was good but a bit overpriced (the vouchers took off the edge ) We got the great view rooms in the 4th floor facing the Port and notre dame which wer awesome. No little terrace, those were below us on the level 2&3. Breakfast spread was OK and free with the room. Not exactly 5*, but better than the usual French basic fare.

Stunning front view

View from the main terrace

Indoor space for Fenetre

The welcome gifts
travelista and Adam1222 like this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 3:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Forgot to post the floor map. There are only about 15 rooms facing the port on each floor.

The rooms on the lower part of the map face the port.
est-gratuite and travelista like this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 1:35 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Reporting back from a mixed stay.
physically, the hotel is beautiful. Looks just like the pictures, and it's stunning to view.

As an Ambassador, I had a two category upgrade to a Deluxe Harbor View room. The room was lovely, though, and the view (above) was perfect

There was a fruit plate and bottle of water in the room.

Service was surprisingly lacking, though. At check-in, there was no mention of my Ambassador status. (No prearrival email as with other ICs either.) At 2pm, the room wasn't ready, but they took my cell number and said they'd call. No call was received, and at 330, I came back and they sent me to my room and said the luggage was already there. It was not, and had to call down and have luggage sent up.
The fitness center was pretty well-equipped, though there were no towels or water the first time I went, suggesting a lack of attention.

I correctly assumed they would honor the Ambassador 15 € f&b credit, so had 1 drink at the outside bar, which was lovely. (The cocktail was 16 €) There was live music as well.

Despite signs saying mask use was mandatory, at least 50% of guests were maskless in the lobby and elevators.

I had a great rate (200 €) so it was probably still worth it, but the service was disappointing for such a high end property.

​​​​​
​​​​​​
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:10 am

Looks like you got same room we had (in the 43x series)
Old Dec 27, 2021, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has the hotel switched from Agraria to another brand?
Any recent renovations in the past two years?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Has the hotel switched from Agraria to another brand?
Any recent renovations in the past two years?
Not sure about Byredo change (I usually get Clarins toiletries at this property)

No recent renovation.

Be prepared to service downgrade due to the lack of staff.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Not sure about Byredo change (I usually get Clarins toiletries at this property)

No recent renovation.

Be prepared to service downgrade due to the lack of staff.
Thanks! So it's Byredo now? or Clarins? Even in standard rooms?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Thanks! So it's Byredo now? or Clarins? Even in standard rooms?
Clarins is only available in suites.

I don’t know if Byredo has arrived in Marseille yet.
travelista likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Clarins is only available in suites.
And in Exec rooms as an RA in my experience. And a few times when I found Agraria in my room, I called down and had them bring Clarins.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
And in Exec rooms as an RA in my experience. And a few times when I found Agraria in my room, I called down and had them bring Clarins.
Same here, but as I have non constantly Clarins, I am
not quite sure it is for Executive room with terrace as well.

Last edited by nicolas75; Dec 28, 2021 at 2:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.