IC Marseille Hotel Dieu Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2013, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by nicolas75
You can also leave your car at the central station (driving from the airport is not that terrible).
I agree. I would return to the rental facility at the central station which is easy to reach. Then taxi a short taxi ride to the hotel.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I drove to this property no problems with valet parking . Also booked a deluxe I think and got a massive suite on the edge of the hotel . One of the best Intercon's in the world I think . Got to check out the rainforest showers and press all the buttons downstairs its amazing.

Breakfast was the norm I found and had excess of Clairns products which both my wife and mother requested more.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: FSPP, Virtuoso, Belmond Bellini Club, STARS, Hyatt Privé, Peninsula PenClub, etc.
Recent stay earlier this month. First impression good, nice welcome from front desk, lovely lobby and common areas, good basic room, immaculate although nothing special. Concierge was friendly, although was steering us toward a known tourist trap, so did my own research and ended up at great local place. But where the hotel really fell down was on my wake up call, which I'd requested when speaking to the front desk. It never came, so thank goodness I'd set my phone as a back up so as not to miss our early morning TGV. Needs to work on getting the basics, such as wake up calls, right.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
I recently stayed at the IC MRS and have to say, it is one of the best ICs out there. I stayed at the Prestige Suite and can only tell good things about it: awesome views, high-end furnishings, Clarins toiletries and impeccable service.

Moreover I had the opportunity to have a look at the not yet finished Presidential Suite, but retrospectively, I liked the Prestige Suite much more, because the ceilings are so much higher, view are better as is the whole layout of the suite. Only drawback may be a huge terrace in summer.

I even liked this room/hotel even more than i.e. the Royal Suite at the Amstel, the PH in Rome or the Imperial Suite at the IC ANA Tokyo.

But I will let you judge now

Old Sep 10, 2013, 2:04 am

Looks gorgeous - must try it soon. Thanks for posting the photos.
P.s. - your photos are a bit big - reduces the type to almost unreadable size!
Old Nov 3, 2013, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I received a Prestige Harbor Suite and the adjoining room for our party of 7. However the photos above look like a different room and they appear to be on the 6th floor. The 5th floor has much higher ceilings and more space with a slightly different design.

As I posted here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21719581-post1730.html this suite is as good as some Presidential Suites I've been in. It was only my second stay, but I this is one of my favorite IC's in the world. Top 5.

And the Spa is very nice. Excellent sauna and steam and the "douche experience" is pretty neat. The pool is smallish, but still quite good.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: IHG
is minibar complimentary for RA on award stays?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by turner32
is minibar complimentary for RA on award stays?
Yes, but drinks only.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
I'm looking forward to my upcoming stay here shortly.

I can't but notice the whopping 60EUR/person fee for use of the hotel spa facilities!

Is seems ludicrous that I should have to pay a whopping 60EUR for a dip in the hotel pool. Anyone know whether access is complimentary for hotel guests / Platinums / AMBs?

- http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...el/feature/spa
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
I'm looking forward to my upcoming stay here shortly.

I can't but notice the whopping 60EUR/person fee for use of the hotel spa facilities!

Is seems ludicrous that I should have to pay a whopping 60EUR for a dip in the hotel pool. Anyone know whether access is complimentary for hotel guests / Platinums / AMBs?

- http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...el/feature/spa
You should have read a bit further:

'Clients staying in the hotel have free access to the gym/fitness centre and the swimming pool. An extra charge will be applied for access to the saunas, hammams, steam room, multi-sensorial showers, Tea Room/relaxation area and/or Solarium.'

I stayed there at the end of October on a weekend and the pool has been full all the times I went and it was impossible to swim and to get a lounger. The area is very nice but way too small...
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
You should have read a bit further:

'Clients staying in the hotel have free access to the gym/fitness centre and the swimming pool. An extra charge will be applied for access to the saunas, hammams, steam room, multi-sensorial showers, Tea Room/relaxation area and/or Solarium.'

I stayed there at the end of October on a weekend and the pool has been full all the times I went and it was impossible to swim and to get a lounger. The area is very nice but way too small...
Doh! Silly me. Thanks.

Still a bit disappointing to pay such a fee to use the sauna, steam room, etc.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It's all free for RA's. Not sure about AMB, but I would guess absolutely not for Platinum.

Really? When where you there? I was also there at the end of October and the pool was completely empty the two times I went on Saturday and Sunday.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Really? When where you there? I was also there at the end of October and the pool was completely empty the two times I went on Saturday and Sunday.
Did look up when I stayed and it was from Nov. 1st to 3rd. Went in the late afternoon on Friday and Saturday and it has been more than full on both occasions - maybe I was just unlucky... And I only went to the pool and did not try the sauna e.g.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Did look up when I stayed and it was from Nov. 1st to 3rd. Went in the late afternoon on Friday and Saturday and it has been more than full on both occasions - maybe I was just unlucky... And I only went to the pool and did not try the sauna e.g.
Wow, I was there at the same time! And I was at the spa in the afternoon on both Saturday and Sunday, but maybe around 2pm or so. The whole spa area was relatively empty. Ditto for a previous stay in July.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Wow, I was there at the same time! And I was at the spa in the afternoon on both Saturday and Sunday, but maybe around 2pm or so. The whole spa area was relatively empty. Ditto for a previous stay in July.
Perhaps the pool got crowded as the weather was so nice and warm and everbody went to the pool after exploring the city - like me. But apart from this I had a great stay in a stunning suite at this wonderful hotel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.