FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Please post your Priority Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2009) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1426889-please-post-your-priority-club-elite-experiences-archive-thread-2009-a.html)

TheAlien Feb 15, 2009 10:03 am

Ceylan Intercontinental Istanbul

Ceylan Intercontinental Istanbul

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked "standard room" and when I checked on-line a few days later I had a "King bed Bosphorus view". On checking in I found I had a "City View Junior Suite".

How are the rooms?
Very good, a very good size room with two bathrooms, seating area two flat screen TVs, and a king sized bed.

How is the exec. lounge?
Not given access

What was good and what was bad?

Good
The room upgrade and most other things.

Bad
No welcome gift. The main restaurant was shut in the evening for some reason I never fathomed.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes, definitely, This was a paid stay but I used a weekend certificate, so at that rate with the upgrade the value is terrific. I would return.

bonebendz Feb 16, 2009 1:02 am

IC Yokohama

Gold Ambassador

Yes. This time.

Booked superior room and was upgraded to a Deluxw room on the Club level.
As Ambassador received water, a fruit platter(Apple,Orange,Kiwi, grapes) and a small box of chocolates.

How are the rooms ?
Beautiful view over Yokohama bay. Nice furniture, nice Elemis amenities.

How is the exec. lounge?
Nice Italian style furniture, breakfast not so exciting (Too few choices of cold cuts, no cheese :( )
As the lounge is quite small, it can become crowded, especially during cocktail hours - for this reason we used it only once.

Good: Upgrade. Room size.
Bad: On my first stay I booked a deluxe room - no upgrade given :mad:
English language skills of the staff are a bit poor considering this is an "Intercontinental" hotel.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Excellent value for 12.000 Yen/night.

Would you return?
Yes, very likely

ms1664 Feb 16, 2009 6:44 am

Crowne Plaza Brussels

Platinum

OK

Booked a STANDARD ROOM and got just that.

How are the rooms ?
I found the room very nice. Very comfy bed and pillows. This time at least I had a view on Place Rogier instead of the neighbouring room in one of the other wings. Separate bathroom and toilet.

How is the exec. lounge?
Don't know. Is there one ?

Good: The room itself. I also find the location to be quite good, 15-20 minutes walking distance from Grand Place. Quite large breakfast buffet.
Bad: No PC recognition at all.

Good value overall (despite no upgrade).

Would you return?
Probably so yes.

ms1664 Feb 16, 2009 6:49 am

Crowne Plaza Brugge

Platinum

Yes very happy.

Booked a FAMILY ROOM 2 QUEEN BEDS on points.
Upgraded to a corner suite on the 7th floor with view on Burg Square.

How are the rooms ?
Nice and large. Huge bed (actually 2 large single beds pushed together) with loads of pillows. Other room with one sofa and 2 armchairs, and the minibar. One large LCD flat screen in each of the rooms. Separate bathroom and toilet.
My room was in the top corner overlooking the square below.

How is the exec. lounge?
Don't know.

Good: Plat recognition and upgrade. Room size. Bed size. Hotel location, right in the middle of town. Very nice reception staff.
Bad: Nothing that I can think of really.

I also had access to the swimming pool on the 8th floor, but didn't check it out. I slept late on sunday morning so I didn't get to try out the breakfast.

Excellent value for a reward night.

Would you return?
Yes definitely.

Pics :
Bedroom
Living room
View from room

bigbird090 Feb 16, 2009 10:59 am

Crowne Plaza IND airport

- What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked a standard non-smoking double, did not get upgrade to Exec Lounge as expected. Only offered a "superior" room, which I declined

- How are the rooms?

Beds were comfortable, rooms were large

- How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

- What was good and what was bad?

GOOD - decent hospitality

BAD - Bad upgrade policy

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Bad value, I will probably stay at the HIex next time

Jonobigblind Feb 16, 2009 12:28 pm

Call me easily pleased but the fact you were offered an upgrade says the policy isn't so bad. Is it because their offer didn't meet your expectations or had they promised you an exec room then not delivered?

I can name you a few hotels around that won't give you a thing, let alone an upgrade that you saw fit to turn down then moan about.

If you want to stay in an exec room then you should really book one. If they didn't deliver on a promise then you should complain to them.

TheAlien Feb 17, 2009 12:13 am

Holiday Inn Istanbul City

Holiday Inn Istanbul City

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked a standard room and upgraded to a queen bedded junior suite. This was on points too

How are the rooms?
Okay, a good size room, if a little worn, with seating area, large flat screen TV and a large bathroom with a spa bath.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good
The room upgrade and the restaurant food.

Bad
The hotel location is not the best although there is a tram stop to take you away outside. The shower was unusable due to vast temperature variations from extremely hot to freezing irrespective of the setting.

The hotel was only 10,000 points per night and hence was good value. I'd probably return.

MDtR-Chicago Feb 17, 2009 12:15 am

Holiday Inn Palm Springs City Center

Gold

Yes!

Booked and received King Pool View (had exterior entrance on third floor, no way to select interior entrance at reservation time that I could see). All PC members receive a 15% off coupon for any food/beverage service (restaurant, room service, or poolside) excluding alcohol.

How are the rooms?
Surprisingly nice. The style is kind of a "contemporary kitsch"... but it works. Feels unique. And the entire property was very clean and fresh. Some rooms face the street and the exterior entrance rooms have noticable road noise. Most (all?) rooms on first floor have a patio and higher floors have balconies. Best would be an interior hallway pool view.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Very clean, in great shape. If we had an interior hallway room, it would have been excellent.

Definitely worth 15000 points. Would actually be nice to return when we have more time.

kayess Feb 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Thanks so much for the review and pics of the CP Bruges. We have booked a 2 x Queen bed room here for 5 nights just before Easter. Suspect we won't be upgraded for a 5 night stay but it looks like it's in a great location and glad you had such a good stay.

jbfield Feb 17, 2009 3:19 pm

Holiday Inn Brussels - City Centre

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gold

Content.

Booked a STANDARD DOUBLE.
Received a STANDARD DOUBLE although I was told it was one of the recently renovated rooms.

How are the rooms ?
Generally new in appearance but didn't feel like it was made of quality materials. Workmanship of the renovation was poor in places and a bit messy. Main light for room did not work so had to keep entering the room in the dark.
Bathroom was not renovated and it showed, particularly the large metal box placed in wall above the sink - wasn't sure it was supposed to be showing or not as it looked like an old fuse box at first! On the second night a box of tissues had been placed in it. Bathroom smelt slightly smoky too.

Large and comfortable bed and the small desk and arm chairs in the main room were nice enough but a bit Ikea-ish.
Room was on the 6th floor but the street noise below could still be noticed. Not too noisy to be disturbing though (YMMV).

How is the exec. lounge?
I don't think there was one.

Good: Reception staff - they were very friendly, very helpful and prompt responding to requests. Room and bed size were good. The bed was also comfortable. Hotel was located in a nice area (seemed upmarket) and not too far from the main city centre but no decent pubs/bars in the area - plenty of restaurants though.
On enquiring I was offered a late check-out until whenever I liked.

Bad: Quality of the bathroom and some of the workmanship for the room in general as it didn't come across as being of quality. I'd have been a bit embarrassed if I hadn't been alone!
A few things missing from the room when I first arrived.

Good value during the two for one promotion.

Would you return?
Possibly. Hopefully other rooms are nicer.

Chinatrvl Feb 18, 2009 9:57 am

CP MANCHESTER AIRPORT

Originally Posted by Jonobigblind (Post 11137467)
- What is your Priority Club status?
Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Platinum RA

Catching up on that:
For the a cheap IKEX3 below 50 Pounds, upgrade to club room, bottle of wine in room (!), voucher for another bottle if having dinner in one of the restaurants.
Welcome-back-good-to-see-you-again recognition at check-in.

Can only recommend.

jeffypop75 Feb 19, 2009 8:08 am

Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre

Platinum

Extremely happy.

Booked an executive king room which is the best room, so no upgrade possible.

How are the rooms ?
Large, modern, clean. Very comfy beds with huge pillows and comfortable duvets. They have three plans for internet. Two are pay plans for highspeed (900 CZK/day which is expensive!) and one plan is free but rate limited at 64 kbps. Bathroom is nice and clean.

How is the exec. lounge?
There is none.

Good: Great rooms. Breakfast included. Free internet (if the slow rate is good enough for you). Friendly staff. Two quick metro stops from the centre of town.

Bad: None.

Got this hotel on PointBreaks which is extremely good value.

Would you return?
Definitely.

u600213 Feb 19, 2009 9:08 am

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Woodbridge VA

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Woodbridge VA
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/wddva

Platinum

yes. One 3 night stay
Booked a 2 Double Beds No Smoking cheapest Fed. Govt. rate room. That's what I got but it was a corner room with an extra window, without an adjoining room door and it was huge so I was happy with it.
How are the rooms?
Clean, large room and large bathroom. Excellent water pressure, temperature regulation of water and abundant hot water. Old Tube TV with lots of cable channels but it did not slide forward from its cabinet so you had to be pretty much on the beds to see it or move the desk chair over to the aisle between the beds.

How is the exec. lounge?

None. They do leave the juice machine on in the breakfast room all day and have coffee in there all day.

Good: clean & large room, hot water, microwave and fridge in room, extensive breakfast buffet
Bad: Single Elevator is very slow, minimal Platinum recognition. Maybe the end room was an upgrade but it was not a suite and they did not have water bottles in my room the first night but did the subsequent nights.

$95 Fed govt. rate. Good for the area.
Would you return?
Yes. I am HH Gold and PC Plat. I fired a nearby Hampton Inn for bad treatment and this HIX is much better.
I have not tried the Marriott Courtyard, Fairfield Inn or Residence Inn that are a block from the HIX.

Jonobigblind Feb 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl (Post 11279252)
CP MANCHESTER AIRPORT

Platinum RA

Catching up on that:
For the a cheap IKEX3 below 50 Pounds, upgrade to club room, bottle of wine in room (!), voucher for another bottle if having dinner in one of the restaurants.
Welcome-back-good-to-see-you-again recognition at check-in.

Can only recommend.

spooky you should post, I've just checked in here again (as plat this time). Allocated a twin room and the usual 20% off or 1/2 bottle of wine voucher you get as Priority Club member.

It appears that despite 8 nights over four stays here already this year there was no recognition (me or Plat status) and then room service p155ed me off by ignoring my payment instructions.

I'm genuinely glad that you're treated well here, it's not a bad hotel, I just think I'm not destined for anything here despite loyalty so I'll be giving other places a try from now on.

Thanks for thinking back and giving me an update.

cauld Feb 20, 2009 5:13 am

Hong Kong IC Grand Stanford

Platinum Ambassador

Not really.

Booked a standard room. Recieved a standard room with harbour 'glimpses'

How are the rooms?
Dated and a bit small. But clean and tidy enough

How is the exec. lounge?
Ha ha... nope... no club access for me

Good: The seafood buffet- both nights... and great value @ around HKD400
Bad: No real recognition of Platinum status. Pisses me off.. I rocked up to the Shangri La in Beijing last month... having not stayed at a Shangri la for about five years. They had looked up the fact I joined their golden circle club on my last stay, personally greeted me, upgraded me to a club floor with club access. Yet PC Platinum gets me squat here... Off to Singapore IC tommorow... we'll see if that's better.

All right. I've done both Grand Hyatt and Shangri La in the last month and this would rate well below them in value.