FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Please post your Priority Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2009) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1426889-please-post-your-priority-club-elite-experiences-archive-thread-2009-a.html)

sunsecret Mar 14, 2009 3:32 pm

Holiday Inn HAMBURG

Holiday Inn HAMBURG

- What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a standard room and first got a standard room, a really not impressive one, very loud and in a bad condition and situation. The smell and the dirty carpet on this stardard floor - unbelievable! Not even a two star standard! Two hours later - while I was thinking about booking the Crowne Plaza or Intercontinental in future, I got a call from the reception: their trainee did a mistake. Of course, they have a better room for platinum guests if I want and so I was upgraded to the executive (15th) floor. This room was a really nice and clean one! Now I could enjoy my stay.

- How are the rooms?
Standard rooms :td:
Executive rooms ^

- How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

- What was good and what was bad?
Good - Room on the executive floor was nice, but with view over the Hamburg skyline it would be better :)
Bad - Not the best district in Hamburg and location only reachable by bus.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Good value (2-4-1), yes I would return.

3544quebec Mar 14, 2009 3:58 pm

Holiday Inn Sydney Airport

-What is your Priority Club status?

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

2 Single Bed Standard with no inclusions upgraded to King Executive with free wired internet and buffet breakfast in Restaurant

- How are the rooms?

Large room with work desk/sofa/large windows looking out to the airport and Botany Bay -well sound-proofed so no noise despite being on a busy road/close to airport.

None

Good - buffet breakfast in restaurant excellent, including squeeze your own fresh juice bar and eggs cooked to order. Have no idea why breakfast was included in my rate as was paying Best Flexible Rate and there is a Best Flexible Rate With Breakfast for about $30 more. Was also staying using Priority Privilege asia pacific Offer of BOGOF - effectively $US60/night.

Bad - Since March 1st the hotel no longer has its own airport shuttle. Previously there was a free transfer AP-Hotel and $5 charge Hotel-AP. Now 5 airport precinct hotels (HI,Mercure,Ibis,Stamford and International) have contracted SydneySuperShuttles to provide the transfers at a cost of $6 each way per passenger. For 2 people it would be cheaper getting a taxi (althougfh the taxi driver might resent the short trip)

At $US60/night with breakfast, internet, points and stay credit - what do you think?

TheAlien Mar 16, 2009 11:25 am

Intercontinental ATHENAEUM ATHENS

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked a CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL ACROPOLIS VIEW RM and was upgraded to a CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL ACROPOLIS VIEW STUDIO.

- How are the rooms?
The room was comfortable but not as large as some studio suites I have been in, but it did have a big balcony and an excellent view of the Acropolis.

The lounge is good but unfortunately is full of cigarette smoke most of the time which makes it very unpleasant for us UK non-smokers who are use to a largely smoke free environment in public spaces. In the evening the smoke smell was so strong the lounge was unusable. Siting out on the balcony was pleasant though. The lounge also clears away the free drinks at 21:30, just as I am getting back there from work!

Good - room, view, general feel of the hotel
Bad - location is a bit awkward, and the main resturant is shut at night at the present time and combined with the location this is more of a problem.

Good value, yes I will return.

nicolas75 Mar 17, 2009 5:08 am

Originally Posted by TheAlien (Post 11421822)
Good value, yes I will return.

Starting at EUR 99 in April (EUR 125 for club room), Intercontinental ATHENAEUM ATHENS is currently incredibly good value

golsquare Mar 17, 2009 3:13 pm

HI Corstorphine Edinburgh

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked standard double bed, upgraded to executive double

- How are the rooms?
Decent sized room.Comfy bed.

NA

Good - v friendly front of house staff, upgraded beforehand, aware of PC status, half bottle of wine and water. Seamless, in the door and up to the room in 5 minutes.Quiet room, air con was fine, choc bar in amenity tray and more bottled water. V good value for the rate I paid. Loads of parking
Staff noticed I had not booked breakfast and said it would be an additional 8.50 which was a good deal. 10% discount at the hotel restaurant for Priority Club members.

Bad - Nothing really, a decent stay. Location was perfect for my business trip.

yes and yes

DoubleJ Mar 19, 2009 12:38 pm

Holiday Inn Tobu Narita

I've reported several times in the past on this property as this is where I usually stay when arriving (and sometimes departing) NRT. Just consider this an update.

Platinum

Yes

Booked a standard East (wing), received a deluxe West (wing) room, high floor. No surprise here, as this has been the upgrade I have always received (and I assume given to all PC elites and maybe non-elites as well). Has anyone ever gotten anything else?

- How are the rooms?
Fair sized room (for a Japanese airport hotel). Two double beds (often the beds at hotels in Japan would be considered closer in size to a single than a double, but these are a little larger than most IMHO). Airport view. Being a high floor the noise from the road facing the hotel is not really a problem. Small table and two upholstered chairs, bar cabinet with coffee and tea, fridge. CRT TV. Room is clean

N/A

- What's new? (New item)
The old metal keys have been replaced with an electronic doorkey system. Similar to the SUICA system (for trains in Japan), one passes ones keycard over the door lock sensor and the door unlocks!

Good - Convenient to the airport. Free (and regular) hotel airport shuttle. Free parking for up to two weeks. Staff are very efficient.
Bad - Not really a fancy property. The bath uses soap and shampoo dispensers, and the shower is really nothing more than a handheld nozzle which can be mounted on the wall. Shower curtain a little short.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
For $ Yes. Depending on the number of PC points that can be earned on a stay, may or may not be a good deal on points.

- Would you return?
I always do.

wobbly wings Mar 20, 2009 4:41 am

Holiday Inn Liverpool (UK)

Platinum

OKish.

Booked a standard room and got standard room. Low floor. Could not be bothered to ask for upgrade.

- How are the rooms?
Standard rooms and normal size - not great bath. Mine was overlooking car park.

N/A

Good - Close to Lime St Station. Efficient Service. Clean Room.
Bad - No recognition of Plat status (even after showing the card),

I will avoid it. Rate was not cheap either. Would try the Marriott next time.

g00ner Mar 20, 2009 5:02 am

HI Heathrow M4, Sipson Road

Platinum

Yes

Booked a double king room and got upgraded to a room on the Executive Floor. Had to ask for upgrade.

- How are the rooms?
Exec room was quite a good size, free water, fizzy drink and chocolate bar everyday. Bath/shower was good although l found the water pressure a bit low on the shower. Good choice of TV channels, but old style CRT telly. King double bed and sofa. Hotel was last refurbished in 2000. Unlike other HI's and HIX's where you normally need to put your room card/key into a slot by the door to activate light, the card slot is not present.

N/A

Good - 3 restaurants/bars to choose from. Rotisserie is the cheapest of these. Certainly better then the HI at Sipson Way.

Bad - Even for a hotel resturants can be a bit pricey. Always seemed to get stuck in the automatic revolving doors when leaving the hotel.

- Value for £ or Priority Club Points?
Yes. Used the 2 For 1 offer for a 4 night stay.

- Would you return?
Yes

WilcoRoger Mar 20, 2009 10:08 am

IC Budapest

Platinum

Yes

Booked the cheapest prepaid standard room, got river view on reconstructed floor.

- How are the rooms?
Nice, but nothing fancy.

N/A

Good - location, view

Bad - expensive breakfast and parking. Internet access outrageous - 7€/hr or 25€/day

Good, 95€/night incl taxes, especially with the room upgrade (they sell the river view upgrade at 40€/night)

- Would you return?
Yes

kayess Mar 20, 2009 4:28 pm

Holiday Inn Liverpool

Originally Posted by wobbly wings (Post 11443888)
- Bad - No recognition of Plat status (even after showing the card),

Sorry to hear that. I was there last week and was upgraded to a suite (no robe or posh toiletries though) and a voucher for a free drink. I did email the hotel in advance asking for a platinum upgrade if available, shouldn't have to I know!

SamsoniteBoy Mar 20, 2009 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by wobbly wings (Post 11443888)
Platinum

Bad - No recognition of Plat status (even after showing the card),

Have you tried the CP Liverpool? - It further away from the station (but not too far - just head for the Liver Building).
They always upgrade me to a Club Room.
I always find the rates to be similar to the HI anyway.
The HIX Liverpool - Albert Dock (& Staybridge) can also be a much better bet than the HI - which as far as I'm concerned only really has it's proximity to Lime St as a redeeming feature.

lemieux66 Mar 21, 2009 7:33 pm

CP Salzburg - The Pitter

Platinum RA

Yes, but not 100%

Booked a King Bed Classic Room (120 EUR flex rate with breakf.), was planned for upgrade to Superior Room, finally got upgraded to Junior Suite, as Front Desk Manager saw, that I arrived with my wife and our 5yo son.
We wouldn“t have had any problem staying at the booked room, but were very happy to get offered this spacious room upgrade, not expected by us.

- How are the rooms?
Superior Room (we could use this room, until the additional bed was arranged in the Junior Suite):
Nice room inerieur, very traditional, a little aged though.
Small (24sqm) but very ok for a city-hotel

Junior Suite:
More a Senior Suite than a JS, as there was a seperated second room. Quite large (about 55 sqm), 2 TVs, two seperated bathrooms.
Same style as the Superior Room. Carpet needs to be changed.

N/A

Good - Great upgrade, very nice touch for us as a family.
- friendly staff
- Good athmosphere
- Perfect location for Salzburg-sightsseing. A lot of landmarks within a
short walking distance.
- 2 restaurants, 1 bar, all very cosy. 1 restaurant offers
high standard cuisine, the other restaurant is a basement restaurant
with typical Austrian dishes and beer-house decor.
- Nice Platinum-greeting gift: Fruit basket, nuts, cookies and two
2 bottles mineral water

Bad - Both rooms were not cleaned well: dust, stains on mirrow ...
(all of that of course noticed by my wife ;) ),
sticky toilet seat (noticed by me, sitting down on it :o)
Not CP-standard like !!! :td:
- Room-service breakfast was ridiculous. Breakfast for two was just
enough to get fed one person. Missing salt for our boiled eggs, tiny
glasses of orange juice (not fresh of course)
- Reaction of front office clerk upon check-out when mentioning the
cleanness deficit was a simple "Ohh".

OK for a city like Salzburg.

- Would you return?
Yes , I will.
Hope, they can at least fix their room-cleanness issue. But maybe it was just a unlucky coincidence to receive two rooms in such a condition.

Radioman Mar 22, 2009 3:21 am

CP Liverpool Airport

Platinum Royal Ambassador

Yes

Booked a standard room and received a club exec room and they gave me lounge access (as well as the person (pc gold) with me as both rooms in my name).

- How are the rooms?

Very nice indeed with a large bowl of fruit and water with a nice letter.

Very nice indeed. Bacon and sausage in the morning....5*

Good - Nice room and great lounge.
Bad - Internet charges.

Excellent value as we only paid £85 for the night.

Radioman Mar 22, 2009 3:23 am

Originally Posted by SamsoniteBoy (Post 11447856)
Have you tried the CP Liverpool? - It further away from the station (but not too far - just head for the Liver Building).
They always upgrade me to a Club Room.
I always find the rates to be similar to the HI anyway.
The HIX Liverpool - Albert Dock (& Staybridge) can also be a much better bet than the HI - which as far as I'm concerned only really has it's proximity to Lime St as a redeeming feature.

I totally agree with you. The HI Liverpool is a dump. Avoid if possible, it rates just below the HI Dublin.

The CP is excellent and if they have the rooms they always respect PC status ^

singaporu_kooku Mar 22, 2009 5:03 pm

Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked a king club and upgraded to a premium club room.

- How are the rooms?
The premium club room was great. It was relatively spacious, clean, and the design was nice.

Staff at the lounge were great, very polite, friendly, and accommodating. The lounge is rather small and the food selections were mediocre.

Good:
* The Ambassador status recognition
* The welcome fruits and chocolates
* Very friendly staff
* The upgrade was good
* The hotel is newly refurbished

Bad:
* Turn down service has to be requested
* The service can be slow sometimes
* View from room

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Yes, was using BOGO for weekend stay. In general, the prices were rather average for the hotel of its class in Melbourne.

- Would you return?
Yes