FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Please post your Priority Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2009) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1426889-please-post-your-priority-club-elite-experiences-archive-thread-2009-a.html)

Me2Earth Mar 8, 2009 11:16 pm

HI Darwin, Australia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

- What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Elite

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes I have stayed at this hotel multiple times. maybe about 50+ nights since 2006. No PC recognition whatsoever ( dont wanna ask for one). I just sleep at this hotel on my way to work.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room ( company booking ) . No upgrade or PC staus recognition.

- How are the rooms?
Ok size room of about 32 sqm. Small bathroom (shower and bath tub not separated).

- How is the exec. lounge?
None I think did not look for one.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good - Quick check in and check out.

Bad - No PC recognition (though I dont mind at all). Im just passing by to get the points and I am not paying (except for the foods). Food is nothing compared to other HI and Cp hotel I stayed in Asia.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Good value.

- Would you return
Yes.

Me2Earth Mar 8, 2009 11:22 pm

IC Manila, Philippines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Platinum Elite Ambassador

Yes I have stayed at this hotel multiple times. Very Happy last time. It was actually my fourth stay ( about 8 nights) in this hotel in 3 years.

Booked standard room on a BOGO but still got the Junior Suite with separate dining room. Room about 60 sqm.

- How are the rooms?
Large room of about 60 sqm.

I did not look for one coz I was busy going somewhere else.

Good - Quick check in and check out. I think finally recognized as a Plat Amb on my 4th stay. Given a gift (Leather coat bag). Aside from daily fruits and late check out of 4PM.

very accesible to the malls ( Glorietta, Green Belt). Very safe area at the heart of CBD.

Bad - nothing really this time. Previous stay the airconditioned seems a bit over which causes the skin to over dry. This time it was ok.

Very good value for a 2 night stay at the suite I just paid $155 with full breakfast ( wide selection of local and continental bf).

- Would you return
Definitely on another BOGO or PP stay (about $120/nyt). Or on a PB. I remember this hotel was on a PB in 2007 but I was just new that time at the PC and wasn't able to take advantage.

Me2Earth Mar 8, 2009 11:27 pm

In another two weeks, I will be staying at the CP Changi, HI Outram and IC Singapore - all for the first time.

I expect a better facility (especially CP and IC).

Chinatrvl Mar 9, 2009 3:52 am

Hi Manchester Central Park

HI Manchester Central Park

Platinum RA

Yes

Booked Standard, got Executive at 2-4-1 rate, 20 Pounds per night (!)

- How are the rooms?
Executives are larger. They come with upgraded bathroom amenities, bathrobes and slippers. Nice sofa and a flat TV.

None.

Good:
- Upgrade
- Plat benefits: 1 Day free WiFi, free breakfast (this is a steal - I paid 20 Pounds per night, and breakfast would be 13 pounds if paid for), free welcome drink (any wine, beer, softdrink).
- Free parking (the reason why I booked this hotel)

Bad:
- Location, is around 5 to 10 mins with frequent bus to the center. Manchester "outskirts" are not that pretty...
- No dining options around, nothing, in a industrial zone.

- Value for £ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
When I'm down in Manchester with a car, I'd stay there again. It's a steal. When without a car, I'd go for one of the center hotels.

Fims Mar 9, 2009 4:00 am

HI Paris BIBLIOTHÈQUE DE FRANCE

Platinum Ambassador

Yes, very much.

Booked standard, got room on top floor.

- How are the rooms?

Small, but comfy. Very nice bed with pillows menu. Big LCD-TV, good bathroom (with prem products), clean and quiet room.

N/A.

Good : given good room, plus free minibar (I asked what recognition they have, and check-in lady said that as plat ambassador I have free minibar (some beers, soft drinks, crisps, peanuts, chocolate, waters)). Nice place. Close to metro. Nearby also a good big cafe with free wifi.

Bad : inhouse wifi was not free.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Well, paying 54EUR (prepaid A rate) I was very happy - esp. considering free minibar (I calc the value 45EUR acc. to the pricelist) and that it was Paris. :)
If they have the same price next time, I would stay for sure there.

Little Flower Mar 9, 2009 12:54 pm

Jacksonville FL Staybridge Suites

Gold. I received four small "Priority Club" chocolates (the type you'd find on a pillow); that was a letdown.

yes, more or less

Booked standard, rewards night; got King suite (with separate sitting room and kitchen)

- How are the rooms?
Lovely and roomy. Very clean.

N/A.

Good : room decor and cleanliness.

Bad : Husband and I were assigned a ground floor room next to the elevators, and the sound of them ascending and descending was very loud and kept us up late and woke us up too early the next morning. Likewise, the sounds of other guests slamming car doors and talking outside our window. I believe we were placed next to the elevators for the sole reason that we were redeeming PC points as a rewards night. :-( Likewise, the toilet and shower in the room above us was very loud.

The breakfast was chaotic, and the offerings more in keeping with a Holiday Inn Express. Eggs tasted like powdered eggs and not fresh. Disappointing. Also, not enough room in the dining area; we ended up going back to our room to finish our breakfast as we were surrounded by screaming babies and surly teenagers. (The kids must have been traveling for some sort of out-of-town school event.)

The average cost for these rooms was around $80-$100. We would go back, but only for PC rewards nights, and would insist on a room far away from the elevators. Being that this hotel was on the point break list, we only used 5,000 points, and that was a deal.

stimpy Mar 9, 2009 1:11 pm

Paris Bibliotheque

Originally Posted by Fims (Post 11383447)
Well, paying 54EUR (prepaid A rate) I was very happy - esp. considering free minibar (I calc the value 45EUR acc. to the pricelist) and that it was Paris. :)
If they have the same price next time, I would stay for sure there.

Holy smokes! I've stayed there many times and never had free minibar. Is that part of the new business promo? This is usually the best priced HI in Paris, other than the Garden Court in Monmarte.

fifa Mar 10, 2009 1:53 am

HIX Hollywood Walk of Fame

Platinum

Yes, very much

Booked 2 queen beds standard room for 15K points per night, received 2 queen beds executive suite.

- How are the rooms?
Large room with 2 very comfy Queen Beds and lounge area with sofa bed, coffee table, dining table & 2 chairs, kitchenette with microwave, 27 inch LCD TV, IPod docking station. Free wireless internet. Room was dark and only had lamps for lighting, airconditioner was very noisy. Very clean.

N/A

Good - upgrade ^, kitchenette, beds, LCD TV, free wireless internet, free breakfast, only 2 blocks from Hollywood Blvd (Walk of Fame) & the metro, pool, gym, business lounge with 2 free computers and printer (but the desk height is way too high!), laundry, bag containing doritos, peanuts, m&m's and bottle of water given at check-in. Late check-out at 2pm. The hotel seems too good to be a Holiday Inn Express. The IC website's photos depict the hotel and rooms exactly as they are (minus the plants)
Bad - lighting and noisy in-room airconditioner (built into the window). If you are on a floor higher than 5 you have to change to another lift at floor 5 which could be annoying.

Very good value for 15,000 points per night.

- Would you return?
Yes, most definitely.

Fims Mar 10, 2009 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 11385906)
Holy smokes! I've stayed there many times and never had free minibar. Is that part of the new business promo? This is usually the best priced HI in Paris, other than the Garden Court in Monmarte.

Well - it was that they said nothing at checkin and then I started to ask what are my benefits.. the lady said that late checkout.. I said perhaps you have club floor / executive or something, and she looked once more at my reservation and said.. as platinum ambassador we can give you free minibar.. and I was very happy :)

morepointsplease Mar 10, 2009 5:26 pm

search function? sydney/singapore

hi

I'm trying to look at IC Sydney, IC Singapore and CP Singapore.

On using the search this thread i only get one post for each city and can't believe thats all there is - am i doing something wrong?

I cant go through all 76 pages!

thanks

stimpy Mar 11, 2009 6:32 am

Originally Posted by morepointsplease (Post 11393818)
I'm trying to look at IC Sydney, IC Singapore and CP Singapore.

Most of us who stay at IC's are Royal Ambassadors so you can read much more about the IC properties in the Royal Ambassador thread. As for the CP SIN, it's a new hotel so not many of us have stayed there.

Also, if you search this forum for Sydney or Singapore you will see other threads focused on these properties.

celesteadi Mar 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Intercontinental Le Grand- Paris

I have platinum elite ambassador status. Booked a club room at the IC Intercontinental Le Grand in Paris, we were upgraded to a junior suite facing the courtyard. Did not care for the room (too dark) but stayed there the first night since we were too tired to move. The second night we were moved to a junior suite facing Ave. Le Scribe, very good room. We had breakfast at the executive llounge, which was very good. I also used the business center which is on the second floor of the executive lounge (no fee) I was very very happy with the service and room.

Explore Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm

HI Sunspree Resort, West Yellowstone MT

Platinum Ambassador

- Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, except the restaurant

Booked king standard, received king spa on second floor

- How are the rooms?
Large room with pretty large spa bath in addition to the regular bathroom. Easy chair with ottoman. Desk with adjustable chair.

N/A

Good - upgrade, free room internet, in-room spa, quiet room, decent-size indoor swimming pool and common spa, friendly staff, warm temp (10 degrees F outside), view of historic railroad structures across the street, restored private railroad car museum inside the hotel as well as a gift shop with extensive clothing and jewelry, run by a 100-year-old local business.
Bad - restaurant has slow, amateurish service and questionable food (despite ambitious menu). No water or snack for Plat members. No bathrobes in room.

$70 for advance purchase, a good value. 40% of the cost of a room at Old Faithful, inside Yellowstone National Park.

- Would you return?
Yes.

g00ner Mar 13, 2009 3:02 am

HI - Heathrow, Bath Road, Sipson Way

Platinum

It was ok, did not received any Platinum recognition at all

Booked room with 1 double bed and this is what l got.

- How are the rooms?
Room was clean, a bit on the small side, but had a LCD telly with a good choice of channels. Bath and shower with the normal Lux/Dove soaps.

N/A

Good - Clean room, food in restaurant was ok. Even though this HI is right by the runway you couldn't hear any noise in the rooms.
Bad - No Platinum recognition

£95 for 2 nights using the 2 For 1 offer

- Would you return?
No, next week will be staying in the other HI in Sipson Road which is not as close to the runway.

jbfield Mar 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Crowne Plaza, Istanbul City, Turkey

Crowne Plaza
Istanbul City, Turkey

What is your Priority Club status?Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a Standard room, 3 persons max (bed type and smoking preference allocate on arrival)
I think I got what I booked (Standard Room) albeit at the end of a room so more windows. I know it was not a club room.

How are the rooms?
Spacious, well kept, nicely decorated with a warm feel. Good lighting.
Plenty of room for one or two people both in the room and bathroom.
Comfortable bed and nice music/fish tank channel on the flat sceen TV.
Although the third floor room meant I could open the windows to the outside, this still only gave a view of the roof along with the extractor fans. (Lower rooms look into the internal atrium).

What was good and what was bad?
Good
Well maintained room and it was spacious. Staff were friendly and helpful.
Location is quite good - tram stop at the other end of the hotel and it's not far from the heart of the Old City.
Swimming pool, sauna and steam room in basement too although...

Bad
...Ceiling above the swimming pool slopes and there is a beam at the far end that it's easy to whack one's head on when/if you walk to or from that end of the pool (and it hurts when you do)!
Access to the lift to reach the correct floor - you have to walk through a bit of the restaurant and breakfast area which feels a little off, especially with luggage!

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Yes. This was a paid stay but the pointsbreak would have been even better value.

Would you return?
Yes.