FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Please post your Priority Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2009) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1426889-please-post-your-priority-club-elite-experiences-archive-thread-2009-a.html)

jrs101 Jan 24, 2009 7:46 am

Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked the Park/Stay/Fly rate into the entry level room and was upgraded to king room with palour and whirlpool tub. The upgrade was noted in the 'request' line on the page I had to sign and initial. The thing I did note was that I left a note ihn the online res that was longer then 'upgrade requested' so they obviously filter through and pare down the request line. They took off the part about me whining about a Platinum upgrade please if you'd be so kind, blah blah blah. I dont' know if the upgrade was because of the survery I filled out online from my previous stay. That stay I had to ask for an upgrade (didn't put the request in the 'request line'), and then when I got it, the bill the next day was $30.00 more.

How are the rooms?
Room is fine. It's HIE, nothing more, nothing less. Very consistent from my experience. Beds nice, free breakfast prior to airport is nice. Whirlpool is not in the 'palour' like some hotels, it's in the MASSIVE bathroom. But still nice for a good soak.

What was good and what was bad?
Good: Upgrade / Location / Shuttle to airport (take 1 min)

Bad: No recognition (other then the upgrade, but that wasn't addressed, it was just on the rate sign off page. Not a clue how to process the Any Hotel/Anywhere card--even though I sent an email warning them that I was using a $250 CAD card. Then when I was politely walking her through it she was getting irritated stating "it's declined" , yes i'm sure it is becuase you aren't listening to me , woman. But got that all straigtened out when I kept reiterating that you need to authorize the amount for about $30 less for every $100 of card value.....and wowsa sure enough it worked.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
It was a horrible rate, it really was. At $179.00 (to park car there for 8 nights, stay in their hotel for the first night and shuttles to and from BUF) it's about $50.00 more expensive then the Best Western up the road. But dang it all, with all the Radioman points codes I couln't pass up a stay at a ICH property. I will return.

TheAlien Jan 24, 2009 8:09 pm

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - FORT WORTH DOWNTOWN

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - FORT WORTH DOWNTOWN

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked a King bed leisure and was upgraded to a corner, junior suite.

How are the rooms?
Very good, Much better than many HI, or even CP I have stayed in the US.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good: Staff are very friendly and everything else just seems to be good.

Bad: There are no restaurants within a reasonable walking distance.

Good value and I would return.

Jonobigblind Jan 25, 2009 3:16 am

CP Manchester Airport

- What is your Priority Club status?
Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard double and received said room. The hotel does not upgrade Plat members as they have 35 Club rooms and c.20 Plats each night.

- How are the rooms?

Pretty decent really, good comfy bed, chair and desk. Minibar/fridge rather small but good hidden safe that can take two laptops.

- How is the exec. lounge?
They have a club lounge, looks ok but I only saw it through the doors :(

- What was good and what was bad?

GOOD - some of the service in the bar area exceeded expectation

BAD - Needed a BP printed and asked reception to help out. Their response was to buy 15 mins Internet access. I didn't need 15 mins, I needed something printed. Felt a little put out, I wasn't asking for the earth.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Despite work paying for my stays I won't be rushing back. This stay will take me to Plat when it posts and I don't feel that I'll be getting anything extra for the money. Will look for other hotels in the area.

Jono

MrJester Jan 25, 2009 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Jonobigblind (Post 11137467)
Booked standard double and received said room. The hotel does not upgrade Plat members as they have 35 Club rooms and c.20 Plats each night.

They've upgraded me the last couple of times I've stayed there. Must depend on how full they are?

Jester

Jonobigblind Jan 25, 2009 9:16 am

Originally Posted by MrJester (Post 11138057)
They've upgraded me the last couple of times I've stayed there. Must depend on how full they are?

Jester

I guess so. I just asked the guy a the desk ahead of my next visit to the area and he wasn't very positive. Thanks for the info, may try my luck soon.

Jonobigblind Jan 25, 2009 9:23 am

Deleted

Chinatrvl Jan 25, 2009 11:49 am

Originally Posted by MrJester (Post 11138057)

Jester

They always do. If there is no club room available the plat gets a normal standard room but club lounge access. Experience of about 20 stays

Jonobigblind Jan 25, 2009 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl (Post 11139114)
They always do. If there is no club room available the plat gets a normal standard room but club lounge access. Experience of about 20 stays

that is good news. It just reinforced the poor service I had from the front desk on a few occasions during my stay.

The guy nearly did them out of future revenue. Classic

soitgoes Jan 25, 2009 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Jonobigblind (Post 11139196)
that is good news. It just reinforced the poor service I had from the front desk on a few occasions during my stay.

I wonder if the guy was talking about Golds. I know you asked about Platinums, but maybe he simply didn't quite get it, as you were Gold at the time.

Chinatrvl Jan 25, 2009 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jonobigblind (Post 11139196)

Staying there quite often, I can only comment this to front desk: I have learnt who to approach for any requests ... and who better not to approach ...

Jonobigblind Jan 25, 2009 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes (Post 11139266)
I wonder if the guy was talking about Golds. I know you asked about Platinums, but maybe he simply didn't quite get it, as you were Gold at the time.

it's a possibility, althouhh he stated Plat occupancy on an average night and said there aren't enough rooms to go round.

Luckily for ICHG this thread exists and I'll be revisting to reap the benefits of my imminent Plat membership.

Thanks all for the benefit of your experience, I'm looking forward to a little more than the 20% off my food bill on my next visit.

nztraveller Jan 27, 2009 12:06 am

Crowne Plaza Christchurch

Crowne Plaza Christchurch

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked a Superior Room on a BOGOF rate for two nights and paid upgrade of NZD90.00 for two people for two nights for access to the club lounge.

How are the rooms?
Very good, large room.

How is the exec. lounge?
Good self service lounge with attendant during breakfast and eveing drinks
Evening drinks/nibbles from 1730-1930 just help your self.
One computer with Internet access
Free soft drinks/tea and coffee 24/7
PLenty of local newspapers

Good: Staff are very friendly

Bad NZD20.00 a night for hotel parking in Christchurch

Good value and I would return. one of the best hotels in Christchurch

est-gratuite Jan 27, 2009 11:09 am

Express by Holiday Inn Swindon city centre

Platinum Ambassador

Yes, generally...

Booked a standard room. Didnt expect an upgarde at an express hotel but asked at check in anyway. Surprisingly, they did "upgrade" me. They have 2 corner rooms per floor that are larger in size than all the other identically shaped rooms. Also, the corner rooms have 2 large full sized corner windows with a "view" of the city centre or towards the train station. Standard rooms just have 1 small window.

How are the rooms?
Standard HI Express decor...clean and fairly modern.

How is the exec. lounge?

An exec. lounge in a HI Express hotel ?! I was lucky there was a "restaurant" next to reception. Which, by the way, is closed all on Friday's, Saturday's, and Sunday's. Perhaps to avoid the drunks...(see below)

Good: Location is great, between city centre, coach (bus) station and train station - all within walking distance.
The coffee machines at breakfast actually grind coffee and are available for use ALL day so you can make yourself a hot drink even at 22:00 in the evening.

Bad: It you are staying on a friday or saturday night - watch out. Noise from drunken people shouting and screaming on the street can be heard even on the top floor of the hotel with the windows closed. Added to that, on our floor (on a friday night) drunken guests were coing back to their rooms and talking loudly in the corridors and slamming room doors until 6 in the morning !!!

Breakfast left a lot to be desired. No cold cuts...only cheese was small pieces of cheddar shrink wrapped...bread selection very limited, concentrated orange juice....I'va had better in other HI Express hotels.

Paid £ 30 GBP per night on the 2for1 rate. For a clean, modern hotel with basic breakfast, free tea and coffee, with a location in the city centre AND the possibility to earn points there is no reason to complain about the price.

However unless you have a real reason to be in Swindon (we did) then there's no reason to come here unless you doing a mattress run for extra bonus points.

Jonobigblind Jan 27, 2009 11:37 am

That part of Swindon isn't the best the town has to offer. That said, you can't fault the location although drivers might find it just as easy to stay at the one by junction 16 of the M4.

The cluster of bars in the vicinity will always be a downfall around there. It's like the strip in San Antonio but without the good weather and mixture of sun kissed girls and burnt Ginger people from Barnsley.

g00ner Jan 27, 2009 12:15 pm

I have been staying in the HIX Swindon West M4 since Dec 08 and find it adequate. Has been newly renovated and have a number issues.

Keep having problems with the TV. Sky One and FilmFour never seem to work together.

Free wi-fi access in the bar is a bit hit and miss. Can sometimes connect and sometimes cannot.

The A/C is right over the bed and l have to turn it off overnight as even on the lowest setting it blows into your face.

Also staff don't seem to cope very well when it is busy. Restaurant was shut over Xmas which l wasn't informed about prior to booking.

Otherwise l get very good rates and can walk over to the business park on the other side of the road.