Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2013, 9:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Miami305
Have a confirmed approval for a BRG on May 14, but 2 weeks later, the hotel has still not adjusted the rate. Have contacted BRG desk via email, and the response has been "We are still waiting for hotel’s confirmation and unfortunately, we are in the process of getting hold of the manager authorized to adjust the reservation."

- Does this happen frequently?

- Also, BRG says "In the event that the hotel was not able to amend your reservation prior to your arrival, please know that we will proceed with reimbursement." How does IHG handle these reimbursements? I pay in full at the hotel, and then what do I do?

Thanks...
I've been waiting for a confirmation for almost 2 weeks now (the rate desk approved it but it's been in process somewhere). Unusual, but I guess it does happen.

As for reimbursement - yeah you pay in full and they send you a cheque. Make sure you provide your Priority Club membership # as this willl become a points- and elite-qualifying stay
Old May 28, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I've been waiting for a confirmation for almost 2 weeks now (the rate desk approved it but it's been in process somewhere). Unusual, but I guess it does happen.

As for reimbursement - yeah you pay in full and they send you a cheque. Make sure you provide your Priority Club membership # as this willl become a points- and elite-qualifying stay
Thanks for the response. I'm not sure I understand what takes the process so long.

Have you had good experiences in the past with paying/reimbursement? Or is that a headache to get sorted out?
Old May 28, 2013, 9:52 am

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure I understand what takes the process so long.

Have you had good experiences in the past with paying/reimbursement? Or is that a headache to get sorted out?
I've been fortunate to have never needed it, but I understand it is NOT a complicated process at all, so should be ok
Old May 28, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5

Hey, are you talking about park lane IC? because I have had an email (my dates for Aug).

Miami - also you are checking the mobile site for the house comp rate? that changes before BRG desk emails.
Old May 28, 2013, 10:09 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by NovaTV
I am booking on kayak, but there is a note 'booking on travelocity via kayak'.
Going directly to travelocity I have a higher rate
Sometimes you can book via Kayak - behind the scenes, they pass the reservation on to Travelocity.

However, in my experience, when it shows a lower rate than the underlying site, if you click all the way through to the point where you give a credit card number, the rate will adjust up before you can pay.

If you can get all the way to the actual payment page and it still shows the lower rate, it should be valid.
Old May 28, 2013, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474
Hey, are you talking about park lane IC? because I have had an email (my dates for Aug).

Miami - also you are checking the mobile site for the house comp rate? that changes before BRG desk emails.
Yeah them - they were confused on whether I had a child on the reservation or not, because I deleted him figuring I can just add a crib later. I just called and they were sitting around waiting on ... something. I called in and it's back in motion now
Old May 28, 2013, 11:29 am

Yeah them - they were confused on whether I had a child on the reservation or not, because I deleted him figuring I can just add a crib later. I just called and they were sitting around waiting on ... something. I called in and it's back in motion now
Thats good, indeed best thing is to skype BRG team. I found them pretty good to be honest, especially when they had to clarify to a hotel about honoring upgrades on BRG stays!
Old May 28, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Taking a look on the mobile app now, and am not seeing any rate information for the reservation. Using iPhone.
Old May 28, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by want2fly4less
The rooms are nicely renovated. The water pressure in the shower is really low and it is 800m away from the nearest public transport.

The scrambled egg had the consistency of a sponge. Breakfast was in total OK.
I have just found on the mobile IHG website it states in my booking that its a HI express, they must of changed it to HI. So that was probably why you got comp breakfast. When did you book the res.
Old May 28, 2013, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Rusell
I have just found on the mobile IHG website it states in my booking that its a HI express, they must of changed it to HI. So that was probably why you got comp breakfast. When did you book the res.
I booked the reservation on the beginning of may and I booked an HI and not HI express.
Old May 28, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by want2fly4less
I booked the reservation on the beginning of may and I booked an HI and not HI express.
Yes I booked the HI aswell but I think that is why they have refurbed the hotel as it looks like it was a HI express!
Old May 28, 2013, 2:44 pm

Taking a look on the mobile app now, and am not seeing any rate information for the reservation. Using iPhone.
Try this : http://m.ihg.com/hotels/priorityclub/us/en/home

on a normal browser.
Old May 28, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
wth?

So I get an email stating my claim is approved and they are working on adjusting my rate, the hotel calls me and leaves a message telling me their rate is changed (but it's still higher than the one I booked) and it was an error and corrected but it's actually the same when I check IHG....

what is this weirdness and why is the hotel calling me?
Old May 29, 2013, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by redreeper
So I get an email stating my claim is approved and they are working on adjusting my rate, the hotel calls me and leaves a message telling me their rate is changed (but it's still higher than the one I booked) and it was an error and corrected but it's actually the same when I check IHG....

what is this weirdness and why is the hotel calling me?
I think it's because the hotel want you to cancel the ressie = withdraw your BRG claim.
Old May 29, 2013, 4:46 am

I had an succesful BRG for the Intercontinental in Istanbul 2 weeks ago and the hotel isn't adjusting the rate up to now ( My stay is in July) . Does anybody here as an experience in regard to this hotel ? Is it "cooperative" or will I get a check ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.