Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2008, 1:21 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
How is providing benefits in accordance with the T&Cs , not caring about members?

Dave
I don't think you've understood my post the right way. I'm not saying that they are going against the T&Cs but this hotel most certainly also does not even want to try to take care of their members (look at their reward room policy for example). Trust me I've seen the attitude change since I've first stayed there two years ago and the minibar was free even on award nights and they gave you at least an OW bungalow for the entire stay.

The attitude of the management team at this property is so rude and my example above where I have tried to get an explanation for the additional charges on my cc is just an example. They just do not care and given the options I have in FP why would I go back there?
Old Jul 20, 2008, 1:23 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Well, I can only speak for myself, but somehow I feel I'm not alone...
I used to be a huge fan of PC and RA system, I've visited many great hotels
over a few years I've been with them. The latest cr@p with not respecting any
benefits on reward nights in many hotels plus some ridiculous
cases like Thalasso opening 3 cr@ppy bungalows ONLY for reward nights
completely pushed me away. I just burned my last points on 8 nights
at Le Grand and that's it for me.
I was really lucky, because I stayed 3 weeks on points in 2003 at the IC Tahiti, Morea and Bora Bora (Le Moana) and all RA benefits worked for me, because they forced not the restriction about the reward nights. But it is now really getting worser about the reward stays and the RA benefits.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 1:38 am

Last edited by Big_Foot; Sep 3, 2018 at 8:08 pm
Old Jul 20, 2008, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, United MP Premier, Alaska Air, BA, Qantas, ANZ
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Well, I can only speak for myself, but somehow I feel I'm not alone...
I used to be a huge fan of PC and RA system, I've visited many great hotels
over a few years I've been with them. The latest cr@p with not respecting any
benefits on reward nights in many hotels plus some ridiculous
cases like Thalasso opening 3 cr@ppy bungalows ONLY for reward nights
completely pushed me away. I just burned my last points on 8 nights
at Le Grand and that's it for me.
Me too.

I'm going to stay w/*wood for a while. They give elite treatment on award nights, not demotions.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adventurous
Me too.

I'm going to stay w/*wood for a while. They give elite treatment on award nights, not demotions.
Please remind me what SPG benefits St Regis BB offers and for how many points per night?
Old Jul 21, 2008, 7:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by azepine00
Please remind me what SPG benefits St Regis BB offers and for how many points per night?

You'll have to contact someone who's been there for your answers about that hotel.

I do know that I have stayed at many *wood properties on points and received elite treatment like upgrades and 500 point amenity.

And even more in some cases.

I just don't get that at IC, but that would not be my lone reason for moving on--just a very significant one. Others would include more hotels in more locations.

I don't have a bitter taste about this--my RA experience has been good for me.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 11:34 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
St. Regis BB is a cat. 7, so it's 30k-35k/night, however, since all rooms there are suite/villa, the redemption requirement is doubled - 60k-70k/night

Consider that most FTers value SPG point at least twice as much as the PC point, I'd say all the ICs at BB are great bargain.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
I spent the last week at this nice hotel. I enjoyed great food, both at the hotel and away. Spa treatment is worth repeating.

I did have to pay considerably for the OWB since I was there on points--which was a disappointment seeing that it was advertised as an all-OWB hotel when I made my reservation. Kayaking was relaxing (and free).

The fact that I am RA was never mentioned, nor PC.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 7:51 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Sydfly
No free minibar at this property if you stay on points. Actually, the hotel will make quite clear that if you stay on points you deserve no privileges at all. They "kindly" informed me prior to my stay that all RA upgrades will apply with the exception of early check-in, late check-out, room upgrade and ree minibar. So, I guess you might be able to get your free movie and maybe a welcome bottle of water.
Funny how they spell out what seems to be their own T&Cs for RAs on reward nights. Below are the actual T&Cs from PC. Note that one is supposed to get welcome gift, free movie and late checkout even when on reward nights! What they're saying is actually against policy now.

When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini bar beverages

Wow Sydfly that sounds like a really bad experience you had with them (and still are). I guess I'm lucky as my wife and I went there in Jan for our honeymoon and we were there 8 nights (2 paid, 6 points) and managed to get the free mini-bar then. Still, at checkout there were numerous charges on my bill that had to be taken off (no big deal) but the staff did give me trouble about the mini-bar use on point nights. I ended up paying for $30 of the mini-bar bill which was hundreds of dollars so no biggie. They wanted us to pay all of it but luckily I had an email printout of exchanges I had with front desk explaining the RA benefits and confirming that mini-bar was still free on points. ^ Another true FT practice to the rescue! They tried to tell me that "the policy has now changed" but I wasn't informed of it at checkin (nor did I ask ). Hence our $30 compromise.

BTW, we had no problems at IC Tahit or IC Moorea in regards to mini-bar on point nights. Anything changing there?
Old Aug 9, 2008, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EdV
Funny how they spell out what seems to be their own T&Cs for RAs on reward nights. Below are the actual T&Cs from PC. Note that one is supposed to get welcome gift, free movie and late checkout even when on reward nights! What they're saying is actually against policy now.

When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini bar beverages
A previous poster said he was getting out of the program over this and the replies he got from other posters was that he was unreasonable, but I am doing the same thing. My issue includes that I reserved before they changed their OWB policy.

None of the loyalty programs are perfect, but this is just downright insensitive, and gives the impression of arrogance.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by frankhi
It seems to me Camino1 is saying he switched to SPG because of the way PC handles Bora Bora not to go to Bora Bora with SPG.
This is the case.

I had no idea they'd switch from the all-OWB claim to require payment for OWB's on Reward Stays. Especially bitter for me since I had saved enough points for 13 nights specifically for this trip, then points were devalued which seriously reduced the number nights for me, and then I found I'd have to pay $200 per night as well.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 6:09 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Camino1
I had no idea they'd switch from the all-OWB claim to require payment for OWB's on Reward Stays.
Have they finally removed that all-OWB claim from their website? I remember seeing it up there still even while they were putting people in these "Family Suites" while on points.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EdV
Have they finally removed that all-OWB claim from their website? I remember seeing it up there still even while they were putting people in these "Family Suites" while on points.
Claim is gone but the photos of rooms are all of OWB's.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by Camino1
This is the case.

I had no idea they'd switch from the all-OWB claim to require payment for OWB's on Reward Stays. Especially bitter for me since I had saved enough points for 13 nights specifically for this trip, then points were devalued which seriously reduced the number nights for me, and then I found I'd have to pay $200 per night as well.
Did you email them in advance to arrange the paid upgrade? How easy were they to deal with?

Have you done a paid upgrade at Le Moana too?

I would never be an RA but possibly a plain Ambassador. I don't stay in IC's much, mostly HIs and HIXs. This would be a special once in a lifetime trip for us.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tiki
Did you email them in advance to arrange the paid upgrade? How easy were they to deal with?

Have you done a paid upgrade at Le Moana too?

I would never be an RA but possibly a plain Ambassador. I don't stay in IC's much, mostly HIs and HIXs. This would be a special once in a lifetime trip for us.
I did make arrangements by email long before arrival. Did not stay at Le Moana.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.