Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2008, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
I'm just curious to know: doesn't the hotel get some cash from ICHG or priority club for the rooms that are booked with points (reward nights) by guests?

If the hotel does get some cash from the ICHG, then I don't undertsand why the hotel is being so tough on guests who use points to pay for the stay. It is not going to do the hotel itself any good, especially in low seasons.
This was a major factor in me switching loyalty programs. My RA status is soon to expire, and I've only had one PC stay this year. I have Starwood Diamond status because after saving PC Reward Points for a year for an extended stay in Bora Bora, the points were devalued, which I would have reluctantly accepted, but when they created this new room category, it was too much for me. I read some time ago, they have every right to make money, but I have every right to spend it where I choose, too.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Camino1
This was a major factor in me switching loyalty programs. My RA status is soon to expire, and I've only had one PC stay this year. I have Starwood Diamond status because after saving PC Reward Points for a year for an extended stay in Bora Bora, the points were devalued, which I would have reluctantly accepted, but when they created this new room category, it was too much for me. I read some time ago, they have every right to make money, but I have every right to spend it where I choose, too.
You can't possibly be serious.
You switched to SPG to get a better value in Bora Bora and to avoid devaluation???
Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
I'm just curious to know: doesn't the hotel get some cash from ICHG or priority club for the rooms that are booked with points (reward nights) by guests?
When the hotels occupancy rate is somewhere above 90% to 95% they actually get a very good reimbursement from PC the ADR. When the occupancy rate is lower, they are not sold out, they probably get somewhere between $60 to $80 per night from PC.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by azepine00
You switched to SPG to get a better value in Bora Bora and to avoid devaluation???
My thoughts exactly. I do like the SPG program and their PLT recognition but points needed for most desired destinations are totally out of whack if one earns the points merely staying at hotels rather using a CC.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by azepine00
It seems to me Camino1 is saying he switched to SPG because of the way PC handles Bora Bora not to go to Bora Bora with SPG.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, United MP Premier, Alaska Air, BA, Qantas, ANZ
Originally Posted by frankhi
It seems to me Camino1 is saying he switched to SPG because of the way PC handles Bora Bora not to go to Bora Bora with SPG.
I made a similar decision.

My decision is based on how SPG operates their program in general, along with more preferred properties. I still have things about the program I am leaving behind that I prefer (like the website for one) and understand there are trade-offs.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 8:43 pm
Suspended

What do you do for dining when at the Thalasso Bora Bora?
Old Jul 14, 2008, 9:19 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by adventurous
What do you do for dining when at the Thalasso Bora Bora?
My wife and I were there for 7 nights. We ate all but one breakfast there, the other at Le Moana. Lunch was either by the pool or at Sand's (same food) by the pool. Twice we were on the main island for lunch. And we ate 3 dinners at Shells I think the name is at Thalasso....pretty good IMHO. We also ate 1 dinner at Le Moan, 1 at Bloody Mary's (worth it I feel), 1 at St. Regis and 1 at Hotel Bora Bora which I liked the best for sure.

Hope that helps.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EdV
My wife and I were there for 7 nights. We ate all but one breakfast there, the other at Le Moana. Lunch was either by the pool or at Sand's (same food) by the pool. Twice we were on the main island for lunch. And we ate 3 dinners at Shells I think the name is at Thalasso....pretty good IMHO. We also ate 1 dinner at Le Moan, 1 at Bloody Mary's (worth it I feel), 1 at St. Regis and 1 at Hotel Bora Bora which I liked the best for sure.

Hope that helps.
Indeed. Sounds like the breakfast was good enough for encores.

Did you break the bank?
Old Jul 15, 2008, 5:41 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)

Did you break the bank?
I'm not sure I can agree. The breakfast buffet there is absolutely overpriced (granted, they don't add taxes to the breakfast price) and the quality of the food is pretty poor. In addition, you'll find flys all over the fruit and salad and the hot dishes are so soggy that it wasn't possible to eat it. On our last visit we only had room service breakfast in the privacy of our villa. Much nicer views and you don't have to walk 1 mile to the restaurant either
Old Jul 15, 2008, 8:32 am
EdV

Did you break the bank?
Breakfast was certainly good. I forgot to add though that we started ordering room service and ordering just one breakfast. It was plenty for the two of for sure. Main reason was breakfast was $35/pp per day in the restaurant...no a la carte option. Also, most dinner were at least 150 but more like 200 - 300 USD.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EdV
Breakfast was certainly good. I forgot to add though that we started ordering room service and ordering just one breakfast. It was plenty for the two of for sure. Main reason was breakfast was $35/pp per day in the restaurant...no a la carte option. Also, most dinner were at least 150 but more like 200 - 300 USD.
Thanks. That is what I'd call high end. Not something I'd think twice about for a single night out, but this will be every night for a week!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 6:08 am
EdV

Thanks. That is what I'd call high end. Not something I'd think twice about for a single night out, but this will be every night for a week!
Yeah I know, tell me about it. We were there on the ground for 15 nights! Thank god all but 2 room nights were free.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by EdV
Yeah I know, tell me about it. We were there on the ground for 15 nights! Thank god all but 2 room nights were free.

Did you get OWB on your free nights?
Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:07 am
EdV

Originally Posted by frankhi
Did you get OWB on your free nights?
Yes, I did. I posted detailed trip reports HERE in the "Royal Ambassador Experiences" thread starting at post 1465. Also, 1471 (the one you really want about Thalasso) and 1472. Use this thread, it is a mountain of knowledge for any RAs.

Also, this thread HERE shows what RAs have experienced on AWARD stays. I believe I put detailed info in there too...just search.

Finally, I put info right here in this thread
HERE about it as well. Hope that helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.