Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:54 am

There is no resort fee.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 8:56 am

Need summer 2016 dates

Hi!
If anyone has dates June - October 2016 to release, please please please PM me

Thank you!!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:09 am

Looking for June 2016

Looking for 15-18 jun 2016, I'd like to use my rewards night to redeem
If anyone holds the place and can release it, please let me know
Thanks!!!!!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
I can see this becoming a problem... everyone always trying to request dates on here, then someone releases their extra nights, but the intended person ends up not getting them because the system wasn't predictable enough, someone at headquarters grabs it for someone else they have on the phone (or for a colleague) and so forth. Don't rely too much on this thread, requesting and so forth so you don't end up being disappointed when someone tries to get you the nights they've been sitting on. Just saying. It's like this thread is becoming the hotel's pseudo-official award booking page.

Seriously, there's been way more holding onto nights they really can't use, than even just last year. There's no more or less award nights, just more booking-whatever-is-out-there nights and then some are even trying to trade. It's become like a commodity. Please report to IHG anyone trying to "sell" their award night in order to release it. I'm starting to get suspicious. I already have the nights I need, but I feel bad for others.

Last edited by Churnman; Dec 11, 2015 at 2:26 pm
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Sho Nuff
Hi everyone, my first post on FT

I just noticed all those dates in December and thought the same thing. Maybe the hotel released more, but I get the feeling it's people holding dates only to cancel them so close. Too bad they don't have to cancel them at least 60 days in advance or something. Not sure why people would hold dates like that from everyone or have multiple reservations?

I had some unfortunate timing of closing on my condo in April this year and didn't want to get the IHG card for me & wifey until we were done. Of course, 5 perfect nights in April were available to me using what I now know as the calendar glitch that's gone. We got our cards and points in June and open dates have been non-existent since. Reading through this thread (not the whole thing yet) has me even more discouraged to see so many others doing the same thing. I have been checking at midnight and never see a date. I was really hoping to get Nov 2016 since I missed April 2016 obviously.

The "shoulder" months are April and Nov so I figured I'd try to go then and avoid the crowds and bad weather. Is it bad in Dec-March or, as someone just above mentioned, it shows rain everyday as it just rains for a bit in the morning? I figure no chance of getting dates in May-Oct so I never looked, but seems like it's just hard to do at any time now.

We've been to the Maldives twice and love it there. My wife is absolutely dying to go to BB so I want to take her with our 250k points. I know others have asked and I will keep reading back in this thread, but if anyone wants to send me any tips I would be very appreciative. We are extremely flexible with dates and really hoping for anytime between April thru Nov but will consider Dec-March now. The only thing I want to avoid is rain every day all day (sometimes is ok).

Look forward to reading and posting more here. I'll have to check this thread as much as I check IHG to see if someone gives dates back
There is one date in November right now. Might as well grab it and start collecting.

Im' still trying to find something in the summer. Completely flexible. Two days in a row is really all I need and I'll be happy. Definitely let me know if planning to release any!
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by toade
There is one date in November right now. Might as well grab it and start collecting.

Im' still trying to find something in the summer. Completely flexible. Two days in a row is really all I need and I'll be happy. Definitely let me know if planning to release any!
Then why take days in November when you have plans to go in the summer? That's been the problem. Someone else has your dates, but they probably want spring...
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:57 pm

Did I say I took it? I was responding to his post, where he said he wanted dates in November and telling him to grab it.

I agree, too many people take dates they do not want.

I have one day in July that I'm sadly trying to plan around. If something else in the summer comes up I'll certainly let the people here know before I drop the July date, but otherwise I plan on using it.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Churnman
I can see this becoming a problem... everyone always trying to request dates on here, then someone releases their extra nights, but the intended person ends up not getting them because the system wasn't predictable enough, someone at headquarters grabs it for someone else they have on the phone (or for a colleague) and so forth. Don't rely too much on this thread, requesting and so forth so you don't end up being disappointed when someone tries to get you the nights they've been sitting on. Just saying. It's like this thread is becoming the hotel's pseudo-official award booking page.

Seriously, there's been way more holding onto nights they really can't use, than even just last year. There's no more or less award nights, just more booking-whatever-is-out-there nights and then some are even trying to trade. It's become like a commodity. Please report to IHG anyone trying to "sell" their award night in order to release it. I'm starting to get suspicious. I already have the nights I need, but I feel bad for others.
This sucks. Earlier this year I could have gotten plenty of dates in April but didn't have the points. Now I have plenty! Since IHG took out the way to book dates easier (I don't see why it was called a "glitch" when it just made it to where you could actually book a date), more people are holding onto whatever date they can find and then not releasing them until a couple weeks before. I would hope we all share the same respect for each other as "points junkies" to give our fellow travelers time to book airfare, etc. If you're not going to make it all the way to Bora Bora I think it's fair to say you likely know that more than just a few weeks in advance, so don't hold on to them. Come on here and tell us you're releasing them
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:34 pm

Thanks for letting me know ^
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:36 pm

No problem. There was another November one just a couple of days ago as well. I'll let you know if more pop up when I'm looking.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 10:40 pm

No problem. There was another November one just a couple of days ago as well. I'll let you know if more pop up when I'm looking.
So ridiculous, I went to book the 1 day and of course someone else beat me to it. Sat there refreshing the calendar over and over as I couldn't book it and then it finally showed up about 12:30am EST. As I was completing the reservation it said no rooms available.

Last edited by Sho Nuff; Dec 12, 2015 at 10:45 pm
Old Dec 12, 2015, 10:48 pm

How long ago was that?

It actually still shows blue for me right now, but is not bookable. Annoying.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 10:54 pm

How long ago was that?

It actually still shows blue for me right now, but is not bookable. Annoying.
Yeah, it still shows blue but someone got it, trust me. I had checked to book it with 50,000 points and was to the screen of entering my phone # and then when I hit "Confirm" it said no rooms available on the next screen. Someone was quicker than me.

I just hope that person is actually using the day. Me and my wife are ready to buy plane tickets for the dates. This holding onto dates crap is annoying.

Last edited by Sho Nuff; Dec 12, 2015 at 11:00 pm
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:23 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
I'm also very confused by IHG's system - sometimes when I search, it says rewards nights are sold out for these dates, and gives me a calendar that tells me on what dates rewards nights *are* available. When I click on those dates and perform the search, it still tells me reward nights are sold out for those nights. Am I doing something wrong? Would calling them help?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
hi guys/ladys

if someone cancel award nights from 26.11. - 30.11. it would be fantastic if they could let me know in advance - i highly interested to book these nights to get a consecutive stay at the Thalasso.

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.