Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2011, 7:12 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by cactuspete
Both trips were combination of points and BOGO.

First trip, as an Ambassador, booked Emerald and received Sapphire for entire stay.

Second trip, as a Royal Ambassador booked Emerald and received Diamond Otemanu View for entire stay.

Both upgrades were to one of the best views in that category, so IME Ambassador really helped here. Also, the 4:00 pm late checkout is a nice benefit, as flights out of PPT tend to be late at night, so it allows you to spend another full day in Bora Bora.

Great! Now I know what to do...also thanks for your reply to my Moorea questions.

Just curious: for your second stay, did you receive full RA benefits (e.g., minibar) throughout your entire stay or just the BOGO nights?

In addition, if we use my wife's points to book award stay, may I apply my ambassador status to her stay (in order to get upgrade) or she must obtain her own status for an upgrade?

Last edited by lewende; Oct 3, 2011 at 9:32 am
Old Oct 3, 2011, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Full RA benefits for entire stay (including cleaning out the very expensive mini-bar at least daily ). Not sure if Ambassador bennies apply if staying on another's points.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 7:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Full RA benefits for entire stay (including cleaning out the very expensive mini-bar at least daily ). Not sure if Ambassador bennies apply if staying on another's points.

Thanks a MM!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 4:52 pm

Sorry in advance for the novice questions as I'm new to the IC forum. After putting all my eggs in one basket and investing all my time, research efforts and years worth of points for a stay at the Hilton BBN next year, I just got screwed over by their new "premium room award" program. Long story short, I was planning to book a reward stay this week but now need a complete change of course and looking into alternatives for a paid stay ANYWHERE in Bora Bora. Reviews at TA led me to consider the IC chain. I found about the $200 Ambassador program purchase and BOGO certificates here, but my knowledge is fuzzy. I would normally do lots of research before asking these questions, but I'm kind of discouraged and fed up with the whole hotel loyalty programs at the moment and don't feel like reading 50 pages, getting my hopes up about something and finding out at the end something changed couple weeks ago or there's something at the T&C I missed that makes the whole thing pointless. I would be really grateful if someone was kind and patient enough to answer my questions:

- How is the overall value/lagoon/water/snorkeing at this resort? Would you choose it over Hilton or Le Meridian if you were paying cash?
- Does the $200 Ambassador purchase guarantee me an upgrade and get a one free weekend night on the same stay (total of 5 or 6 nights)? T&C says suites are excluded for free certs and I don't know if an OWB is considered a suite.
- What's the best way to book, through IC directly or a travel agent?
- Do I need to make two separate reservations for the 2-weekend nights to use BOGO and the remaining 3-4 nights? Would I get the room upgrade on both?

Thank you!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:05 pm

- How is the overall value/lagoon/water/snorkeing at this resort? Would you choose it over Hilton or Le Meridian if you were paying cash?

I can't compare to Hilton or Le Meridian but the snorkeling at Thalasso isn't very good either way. Based on what I hear, you're better off staying elsewhere if you're interested in snorkeling off your OWB. The better alternative I'd recommend is IC Le Moana - water is shallow and snorkeling and fish life is mucn more interesting.

- Does the $200 Ambassador purchase guarantee me an upgrade and get a one free weekend night on the same stay (total of 5 or 6 nights)? T&C says suites are excluded for free certs and I don't know if an OWB is considered a suite.

You can try to get your room upgraded by negotiating beforehand, but chances are relatively slim that you'll get it. I had a relatively tough time getting it when we went a year and a half ago, and they've probably become more stringent on handing out free upgrades. If you're Platinum or Royal Amb status though, you *might* have better luck. OWB would be considered an upgrade.

- What's the best way to book, through IC directly or a travel agent?

If you're planning on using the bogof cert, you need to do it through IC directly (there's a special AMB certificate site to reserve through if you use your certificate - phone probably works as well). Although, if your travel agent is really nice, he/she might be willing to sit down with you and try to help you out reserving with the cert. We used a travel agent only for when we went to Moorea and booked the Pearl. I only accumulated enough points for Bora Bora so I handled that part on my own.

- Do I need to make two separate reservations for the 2-weekend nights to use BOGO and the remaining 3-4 nights? Would I get the room upgrade on both?

Not sure, you should check the Ambassador BOGO reservation site. I think you'd be able to schedule everything in a single reservation there. As far as the room upgrade, you'll probably get it for the remaining 3-4 nights but as mentioned with the BOGOF cert, you'll probably have to ask and try to negotiate the upgrade on that.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:15 pm

Thank you so much for your fast and detailed response! To clarify, I would be doing an all cash (not points) reservation, booking a Sapphire or Diamond OWB and asking for one category up. I understood Ambassador status to get me guaranteed upgrade (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...or/faq#member3) but not sure how BOGO free night would be combined with this. A free night plus an upgrade if doable would make it a better $ deal than the Hilton. Not to mention, I am hating on Hilton at the moment.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by msc75
Thank you so much for your fast and detailed response! To clarify, I would be doing an all cash (not points) reservation, booking a Sapphire or Diamond OWB and asking for one category up. I understood Ambassador status to get me guaranteed upgrade (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...or/faq#member3) but not sure how BOGO free night would be combined with this. A free night plus an upgrade if doable would make it a better $ deal than the Hilton. Not to mention, I am hating on Hilton at the moment.
Since you're paying for most of it via cash, they *might* be more inclined just to give you the upgrade but don't hold me to that. Typically, you'd make the reservation first (i.e. for the Sapphire) via the BOGOF site and then try to negotiate the upgrade (to Diamond) after. The upgrade is usually based on availability and also when you arrive but you can try negotiating it beforehand via email/phone - just make sure to print out the emails if you are successful in negotiating, so that they can't try to pull a fast-one. If all else fails, they'll likely offer you the upgrade at an additional cost. If you aren't particularly concerned about the kind of view you'll get, the OWBs at Thalasso are pretty much all identical - it's the varied views that differentiates them. Also, most of the Diamond OWBs tend to be further down the dock than the Sapphire or Emeralds - something to keep in mind if you don't like walking too much or too far So in the case that you don't care much for the view, you could save some $$$ by booking either a garden suite and try to get the upgrade to Emerald OWB, or book an Emerald OWB and try to get the upgrade to Sapphire.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Are you doing an all cash reservation directly with Intercontinental on their website or thru a travel agent? I booked a land only package with a Tahiti based travel agent since I used AA miles for the TN flight over and got a much better rate than if I booked the hotel and intra-island airfare on my own. I booked a Sapphire room with the travel agent and was upgraded to a diamond otemanu view OWB as a RA. Only downside was that I did not get PC points for the stay but did get all the RA benefits.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by RxCapt
Are you doing an all cash reservation directly with Intercontinental on their website or thru a travel agent? I booked a land only package with a Tahiti based travel agent since I used AA miles for the TN flight over and got a much better rate than if I booked the hotel and intra-island airfare on my own. I booked a Sapphire room with the travel agent and was upgraded to a diamond otemanu view OWB as a RA. Only downside was that I did not get PC points for the stay but did get all the RA benefits.
Thank you, this is exactly what I want to do! We have the AA miles to fly to Papeete, rest would be paid. I'm waiting on small hope for Hilton to fix their mess so I can stay there with my points, but otherwise it will be a cash reservation at IC Thalasso or Le Meridien.The free upgrade and late checkout options for IC are very tempting. I'd love to get a better deal through a TA. Do you mind sharing who you used? Feel free to pm me. I don't need any PC points as I'm disillusioned with the hotel points thing anyway.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Thank you, this is exactly what I want to do! We have the AA miles to fly to Papeete, rest would be paid. I'm waiting on small hope for Hilton to fix their mess so I can stay there with my points, but otherwise it will be a cash reservation at IC Thalasso or Le Meridien.The free upgrade and late checkout options for IC are very tempting. I'd love to get a better deal through a TA. Do you mind sharing who you used? Feel free to pm me. I don't need any PC points as I'm disillusioned with the hotel points thing anyway.
YHPM
Old Oct 15, 2011, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jplee3
Since you're paying for most of it via cash, they *might* be more inclined just to give you the upgrade but don't hold me to that. Typically, you'd make the reservation first (i.e. for the Sapphire) via the BOGOF site and then try to negotiate the upgrade (to Diamond) after. The upgrade is usually based on availability and also when you arrive but you can try negotiating it beforehand via email/phone - just make sure to print out the emails if you are successful in negotiating, so that they can't try to pull a fast-one.
Incorrect. One category upgrade is *guaranteed* as Ambassador. And I have received excellent treatment at this resort as an Ambassador and again as an RA.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 7:05 pm

Does anyone know how I would go about booking a Diamond End of Pontoon bungalow as an Ambassador member? I understand it's tied with the Diamond Otemanu as the highest category room, but I do not see it on the website when I try to place a reservation (only Diamond or Diamond Otemanu). Should I try to book the regular Diamonds and request end of pontoon when I check-in seeing as I would be guaranteed a one category upgrade?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:52 pm

Sorry for yet another question, I'm going back and forth on this one...I've considered and an all cash stay through a TA (got some really good rates from FT recommedations so thank you!) , a part cash- part BOGO stay, and now it looks like I may be able to do a 2-3 night reward stay here and a 2-3 reward stay at the Hilton at their new outrageous rates.

For anyone that stayed on points, what were the quotes you received to upgrade to an Sapphire or Diamond room? I would pay $200 for the Ambassador anyway - worth it just for the early check-in and late check-out when we have to change resorts in the middle of a short stay. I can either do:

1) 1 night on points + 2 weekend nights (BOGO, get one night free) paid in Sapphire= Approx $1000. Pretty sure they would let me stay the first night in a sapphire as well, especially if I forego the auto upgrade for the paid nights.

2) 3 night on points. If upgrade to Sapphire is about $300/night = $900 total, not worth it to waste the points for two additional nights. But if I can get the upgrade for free or considerably less, than worth a shot.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:11 am

Incorrect. One category upgrade is *guaranteed* as Ambassador. And I have received excellent treatment at this resort as an Ambassador and again as an RA.
You're right, they're supposed to give you the upgrade if you pay by cash. I think I was confusing this with if you use your points to stay. Trying to get an upgrade on a room paid by points is very YMMV, especially at this resort.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 3:56 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
Hi,

I have flights already booked to Bora Bora for the week of easter - arriving 4th april 8am , departing 11th april 6pm for our honeymoon , travelling all the way from the UK!.

i have gold status at hilton/starwood . my cash otions would be $6000 for a week in; hilton nui OWB on breakfast and dinner package
or
Thalasso OWB on breakfast and dinner package and a bottle of champagne , CANOE BREAKFAST ETC...
OR
ST.REGIS OWB room only.

is there a better way to use points , RA , BOGO etc ???

I have 100,000 priority reward points (but willing to buy points for cash etc)

At the moment to book on the website there are no OWB rooms available to use points or points+cash etc over those dates (probably because its easter?) and OWB start at 70,000 xpf + taxes.

Is there a way I can do better ??

i currently have enough AMEX points to convert to 100,000 priority which would fund say 3 nights on the 35000 points + $40 deal in family coral room. i would really want OWB so could i contact hotel in advance and pay $?? for upgrade to OWB guaranteed.

should i look at royal ambassidor as i will be arriving early and departing late ?? Also, is Royal Ambassador only valid on paid nights? For example if I paid for 4 nights and used points for 3 night , Royal Ambassador perks would only be valid for the 4 paid nights? Also do they offer meal plans for breakfast and dinner?

Any help would be much apreciated!

Weebobby, UK.

Last edited by WEEBOBBY; Dec 14, 2011 at 5:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.