Community
Wiki Posts
Search

80,000 points for new PC Select VISA - targeted

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 9:34 am

Points + Cash reservations - do NOT earn 5 points per $ spent

I received a response from Chase. Unfortunately, Points + Cash reservations do not qualify for 5 points per dollar spent. You only get 1 point. Be sure to use another more rewarding credit card!

I can (sort-of) understand excluding point purchases, but at the same time it's Priority Club spend that's now going on another card. I suspect most people who make Points + Cash reservations won't hassle with providing a second Priority Club credit card for incidentals.

I was looking forward to the opportunity to give Chase some business back for my 80k. This cuts out a chunk. Of course, it's their call ... life moves on and the sock drawer gets a new friend...
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by Hosserunda
Ok, thanks. Does someone know what the required score is for the card? I can't find it on financeglobe.com.

Thanks.
Actually, I would love to know the answer to this question as well.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 7:47 am

I got the 80K offer last month... I was approved and now I was wondering if I could use the same signup link and get a card for my wife? Anyone tried that?
Old Jan 16, 2011, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by nic3456
I got the 80K offer last month... I was approved and now I was wondering if I could use the same signup link and get a card for my wife? Anyone tried that?
I wonder if there is something to trigger this email. Did you look at the card offer through PC link prior to getting the email?
Old Jan 16, 2011, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nic3456
Does your wife have the SAME name as yours?

Did you remember your name and address were already on the application form when you opened the application form to apply?
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Does your wife have the SAME name as yours?

Did you remember your name and address were already on the application form when you opened the application form to apply?

You're right, I hadn't clicked through on the link...oh well time for PLan B, try to figure out how to get my wife targeted.....
Old Jan 17, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
It appears that the 80,000 point card may be targeted at Gold level priority club level members and up.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I've been Plat for several years & recently let my Amb. status expire. I got the 60K offer.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by point bonita lighthouse
It appears that the 80,000 point card may be targeted at Gold level priority club level members and up.
I am plat and nothing...

Any more ideas what can trigger the email?

I think that if I will not get it, I will not bother to CTC.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by cutnana
I am plat and nothing...
+1

Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
I signed up for the instant Plat status and got 80k email offer at end of last year. I got instant approval when applied online this year to retain the Plat status for 2012. I just got the card yesterday. I have no previous priority club activity before last year. I have stayed at HI twice since last December so it is a good enticement for me to join this program and see what the status can do (no much at Holiday Inn). I also have Diamond status with Hyatt also with over 30 stays last year and I am pretty impressed with it.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: Priority Club
Originally Posted by point bonita lighthouse
My hubby got the 80k card offer in snail mail today and he's just a Club member.

Point Bonita Lighthouse - Love your username. I just flew over Point Bonita Light back in October (I'm a lighthouse photographer) while on an aerial shoot. Gorgeous!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by jselwa
My hubby got the 80k card offer in snail mail today and he's just a Club member.

Point Bonita Lighthouse - Love your username. I just flew over Point Bonita Light back in October (I'm a lighthouse photographer) while on an aerial shoot. Gorgeous!
It's one of my favorite places on earth. Was just out at the lighthouse last night to watch the sunset and the full moon rise with a nice bottle of French champagne and a few friends. Would love to see your photographs are you publishing them in a book?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:11 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ORDLEO
I signed up for the instant Plat status and got 80k email offer at end of last year.
Ditto here, although I did 2 quick stays immediately after getting Plat.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adam1080
That is what I was afraid of. My first 53 points did post, but no 80,000.(When i activated the card i verified that i was a part of that offer) Should I call now or wait?

"6 Jan 2011 VISA 2X SPEND BONUS PTS 53 pts."
Check your statement at the Chase site. If it shows 80,000, no need to call. It just takes multiple trips to get from Chase to Priority Club, it seems.

The stuff from the Chase card first statement posts in spurts. I had a "SELECT UPGRADE" of 0 pts (!!!) post on the 18th*, my 5x hotel spend post on the 19th, and my 80,000 post on the 21st (today). But not that those who had their spend points post toward the end of the week had to wait several days longer for the 80,000 to post.

The weird thing is that my statement (over at Chase) claims to be from the 19th, so why did it post the "SELECT UPGRADE" a day early???

*This "SELECT UPGRADE" is a most confusing post. It's 0 points, and gets me absolutely nothing, since I'm already Platinum (and, btw, the 80,000 just requalified me for Platinum for 2012!). I guess it posts as points (even though 0 points) because they have no other way of indicating it on your statement, but still...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.