Community
Wiki Posts
Search

80,000 points for new PC Select VISA - targeted

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I can confirm that my Priority Club Select Visa latch, even though it always said (and still says) it's for 60k, did open several days after I was (instantly) approved for the Priority Club Select Visa which I applied for online through the 80k offer the I was emailed. (In fact, the latch was opened a day or two before I got the card in the mail on the West Coast!).
Great to hear. Thanks sdsearch.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:00 pm

I got targeted!

Whoo, I got targeted for the 80K offer and instant approval. I have 0 stays so far and just signed my account up in November with the instant plat offer.

What's a decent value for priority points? I was looking at a holiday inn resort on pensacola beach for 15K points or 5K & $30 (going rate for the weekend I was looking at is ~$150/night.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Somewhere I read that PC points are worth about 1/2 cent, or maybe a bit more. Can't find the thread now. Of course, YMMV.
Sounds like a good deal to me -- 15K instead of $150.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
The guy on the 800# asked if I was interested in the 30k credit card offer and I said no thanks waiting on the 80k promo I've been hearing about. He said yes that's the new credit card (premier or something)-- the promo is on the webpage. Not sure about that? He offered to transfer but I declined anyways as I don't really want to open credit cards right now because about to buy a new house... but if I got the offer I might just jump on it anyways.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: Priority Club Plat./Ambassador; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Kempinski Platinum
Old Card and Bonus

Has anyone determined if having the "old" PC Visa in the past really precludes getting the new bonus? I was targeted for the 80k, but I used to have one of the old, blue-color PC Visas at least 2 years ago. Come to think of it, I think I got the bonus twice in the old days, but it was never as lucrative as this.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 7:44 am

Anyone have details of a link? I'm in need of some PC points for a trip in march.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HLS2002
Has anyone determined if having the "old" PC Visa in the past really precludes getting the new bonus? I was targeted for the 80k, but I used to have one of the old, blue-color PC Visas at least 2 years ago. Come to think of it, I think I got the bonus twice in the old days, but it was never as lucrative as this.
You would get the bonus because the new version is a "Visa Select" versus the old ones were all "Visa Signature".

I got my 60K despite having old PC cards in the past.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 5:38 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I can confirm that my Priority Club Select Visa latch, even though it always said (and still says) it's for 60k, did open several days after I was (instantly) approved for the Priority Club Select Visa which I applied for online through the 80k offer the I was emailed. (In fact, the latch was opened a day or two before I got the card in the mail on the West Coast!).
Same with me. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Yarhead; Dec 17, 2010 at 6:22 pm
Old Dec 20, 2010, 5:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
If you get card WAIT to charge till JAN 1st 2011~

I just got the card Dec 1st. Used it and the points hit in days! Great right 80k? WRONG! If I had waited till Jan 1st I would have PLAT all of 2011 AND 2012 as it is year earned and next year!

SO wait if you do get this card till Jan1st to charge ANYTHING!^
Old Dec 20, 2010, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I also got my card in early Dec. and used it once. But I asked to set up my billing cycle to close in early Jan., so that my points would post in Jan. So, nothing has posted for me yet.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by onthego15
I also got my card in early Dec. and used it once. But I asked to set up my billing cycle to close in early Jan., so that my points would post in Jan. So, nothing has posted for me yet.
Nice. I hope it works. Per the rep at Chase it was the day you first use the card. I hope they wait with your points!
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15
Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
Nice. I hope it works. Per the rep at Chase it was the day you first use the card. I hope they wait with your points!
Chase transfers points to PC after each statement. You can request/change your statement closing date (within a range) when activating most Chase cards. Onthego15 was able to stretch the first monthly cycle into 2011. The statement will close in January and the points will post to PC a few days later, regardless of when purchases were made.

Often people change their closing date on a new card to get their bonus miles/points faster, but, in this case, you're absolutely right, it's more advantageous to push it into 2011. ^
Old Dec 22, 2010, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
No, it's when your statement posts. The only thing, is my first statement date defaulted to about one week after I got the card, so presumably your first use was just long enough before the statement for it to post on this first statement (after an ultra-short first statement period), and it's the quick issuing of the first statement that generated the 80k, not the date of the first purchase per se.

In my case, my first statement date ended up (after a change) being Dec 18 (based on my request to have my due date be the 15th of each month), and my hotel check-out date was also Dec 18, but the posting date was Dec 19, and thus it's going to show up on my Jan 2011 statement. And I haven't had any points show up from the credit card in my PC account yet. (The stay itself has posted, but since I'm registered for Sweet Dilemma free nights, it didn't earn points, it just counts as the first of two paid stays toward my 5th free night.)

Of course, in my case, it doesn't much matter when I get back to Platinum. I have zero problem earning 60k points (from all sources combined) in a year, and it doesn't matter whether I requalify for Platinum on Jan 1 or Dec 31 (as long as I am already requalified for Platinum going into the year, of course).

And, also, in my case, I still have one of my Crack the Case latches to unlock, and won't unlock that till 2011 either (because I need stays at 11 different properties, but because of Sweet Dilemma free nights capping out after 10 paid stays, I'm not doing my 11th stay until next year when I can also earn points on it).
Old Dec 22, 2010, 3:44 pm

I have seen some posts elsewhere that suggest that this 80k promo is actually open to everyone, but nothing in this thread talks about that. Is there in fact a way for anyone to get the 80k?
Old Dec 23, 2010, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
I received the targeted offer yesterday for 80k points with the T&C that the OP mentioned. The website GetRewardPoints requires invitation code.

The offer is valid till January 17th, 2011. Contemplating on applying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.