Community
Wiki Posts
Search

80,000 points for new PC Select VISA - targeted

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 5:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, Delta Amex Reserve
Got my 80,000 points offer a few weeks ago, applied last week and was instantly approved and got my card today.
I think I will wait until Jan 1st to activate and make a purchase. Hopefully this will get me Platinum for 2012(I've been Platinum since July this year).
That will bring me to over 250,000 points!! Thats a whole week at the most expensive Intercontinental Hotels. I am pretty stoked.
For those who received their card already; Did any paperwork mention the 80,000 points? Mine did not.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 6:42 pm

Yes! Call them. I applied when I got the 60,000 offer yet before I got my card, I got the 80,000 offer email. I called and they said they applied the better promo to my recently approved card that I still had not recieved. We will see what I get in the next week via mail.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:05 pm

Any confirmation that you can use this offer for a latch in Crack the Case?

Originally Posted by PatMike
I got this offer too. I need one more lock to crack the case and I was going to wait until 2011 to apply for the 60K card (per the crack the case link) to give me plat for another year.

If I apply through this link instead of the "crack the case" link, will I get my crack the case bonus ?
Originally Posted by Yarhead
I'm in a similar boat. My guess, based on reading some past posts, is that this 80k card would indeed crack that 30k case (which is annoying in terms of the requalifying).

That said, if we're in jeopardy of missing out on this 80k offer by waiting too long, then... maybe we pull the trigger?

Anyone know until when this 80k offer is good?
Hi All - has anyone had confirmation or a denial that you can use this particular 80K offer to open a latch in Crack the Case, rather than the embedded 60K offer in Crack the Case that most of us received? Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
Hi All - has anyone had confirmation or a denial that you can use this particular 80K offer to open a latch in Crack the Case, rather than the embedded 60K offer in Crack the Case that most of us received? Thanks!
Based on my experience on the 30K embedded and an independent 60K offer, yes you can.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Based on my experience on the 30K embedded and an independent 60K offer, yes you can.
Thanks! Good to hear.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:07 pm

I was declined with reason "duplicate application" and am not even sure what that means. Does someone have a phone number? I don't see one on my offer email.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 5:49 pm
ls

Programs: MR PLT, HLT DIA
call chase or PC?

what number?

thanks.

Originally Posted by photomom
Yes! Call them. I applied when I got the 60,000 offer yet before I got my card, I got the 80,000 offer email. I called and they said they applied the better promo to my recently approved card that I still had not recieved. We will see what I get in the next week via mail.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
The # for the Chase online app. is located on this page: https://www.mychasecreditcards.com/5...RRIDE_CELL=PQR

I just called and the rep. said he could NOT offer me more than the 30K standard offer. Neither could his supervisor. He said I had to have received a targeted email. He suggested I call ICH and see if they could help with a larger bonus.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:46 am

Also not finding any assistance at the 800 number given. Said I need to check with the credit bureau - so no help at all. I repeated that I needed a phone number - more waiting and checking - then given an address.

Anyone have a phone number to somewhere where there's actual help?
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Received my card in today's mail. The lady who activated my card was surprised by the size of the bonus. Said she is used to 30,000
One nice feature is that they allow you to set your payment date/statement date. So, I will have my statement date be in early Jan., so I will hit Platinum in early 2011. ^
Old Dec 4, 2010, 5:29 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I wish i got that signup bonus. I would of jumped on it in a heartbeat
Old Dec 4, 2010, 5:35 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jason8612
I wish i got that signup bonus. I would of jumped on it in a heartbeat
I got a 80K offer yesterday. About 3 weeks ago I got the 45K offer and 1-2 months before that I received the 60K offer. So they are sending out all kinds of offers. So if you got a smaller one I would wait a bit longer to see if they bump it up!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Any publicly available codes for the 80,000 points offer?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:08 pm

Thanks for the info. Newbie here. Almost throw out my junk mail.
Used to receive 40 then 60,000 Points. Now I jumped to the offer.
Hopefully it's great offer. Instant Approval but no details?
Just in time for CC for International Travel with ZERO Foreign Transaction Fee.
Questions:
1. Does Posted Date or Purchase Date make a differences for Plat till 2012?
Plan to use the card in Christmas Travel. Any Advise?

Thanks for your help!

BTW, mine says Offer expired Jan 17, 2011
And when all your personal information come up. It has option "Not you?" link.
When I mistakenly almost close the window, not sure what button I click,
Pop-Up come up and says "Are you sure you want to miss this offer, something like that"
so I just closed the pop-up.

Last edited by Super69; Dec 5, 2010 at 11:16 pm
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
I can confirm that my Priority Club Select Visa latch, even though it always said (and still says) it's for 60k, did open several days after I was (instantly) approved for the Priority Club Select Visa which I applied for online through the 80k offer the I was emailed. (In fact, the latch was opened a day or two before I got the card in the mail on the West Coast!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.