Community
Wiki Posts
Search

80,000 points for new PC Select VISA - targeted

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: DL, SPG, Hyatt, Marriott
Data point:

I received the 80,000 Chase Select Visa offer in the mail yesterday and offer expires April 25.

I am Club level member with no IHG stays under my name within the last 6 (and probably really 12) months.

Last edited by ckwill; Mar 15, 2011 at 12:12 pm
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by ckwill
Data point:

I received the 80,000 Chase Select Visa offer in the mail yesterday and offer expires April 25.

I am Club level member with no IHG stays under my name within the last 6 (and probably really 12) months.
Anyone else see any expiration for the 60,000 or 80,000 point credit card offer?
Thanks, just don't want to miss it. So far I can only do the link for the 60,000, which doesn't have an expiration date, but I suppose it can be changed or pulled anytime.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist, IGH Rewards Club Spire, HHonors Diamond
The 10% rebate on points redemptions: How does it works?

10% rebate on all Priority Club points redemptions, up to 100,000 points per calendar year.

Does this mean that if I spend 100,000 points for rewards nights that somehow I will get 10,000 points back because I have this credit card? I'd like to hear from someone who has actually gotten the rebate points, not from someone speculating how its supposed to work.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Originally Posted by alxir
10% rebate on all Priority Club points redemptions, up to 100,000 points per calendar year.

Does this mean that if I spend 100,000 points for rewards nights that somehow I will get 10,000 points back because I have this credit card? I'd like to hear from someone who has actually gotten the rebate points, not from someone speculating how its supposed to work.
I've seen a bunch of posts (either in this thread or others) by folks who've gotten the rebate points. I think that's a legit benefit. I don't have the posts available offhand, but I can confirm that I've seen a bunch.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:17 am

Yes. That's exactly what it means. I got the Visa, then booked a three-night CP stay for 75k points (where the going rate was around $300/night), and received a 7,500 point rebate awhile later (not sure of the timing, but the expected rebate was received automatically and within a reasonable time so I don't much care if it took one day or one month).

From reading the terms, it sounds like one can get 100k points back each year if they redeem at least one million points.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The rebate shows up in Other Activity with the description "VISA 10% REBATE-REWARD NIGHTS" or "VISA 10% REBATE-OTHER REWARDS". It takes about 3-4 weeks after redemption for non-reward nights and 3-4 weeks after the stay for reward nights for the rebate to post.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soitgoes
The rebate shows up in Other Activity with the description "VISA 10% REBATE-REWARD NIGHTS" or "VISA 10% REBATE-OTHER REWARDS". It takes about 3-4 weeks after redemption for non-reward nights and 3-4 weeks after the stay for reward nights for the rebate to post.
What is to rebate on redemption for non-reward nights?

Do you mean this is the cash + point type redemption?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
What is to rebate on redemption for non-reward nights?

Do you mean this is the cash + point type redemption?
You can redeem priority club points for all sorts of things other than reward nights. These redemptions also get the 10% rebate.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC

Search for the thread on 10% rebate, lots of info there.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: Everyone!
Thank you for contacting Priority Club Rewards Service Center.

Please be advised that the Priority Club Select Visa Card 80,000 Bonus Points Promotion is offered to Priority Club Elite members who do not have a PCR Visa credit card.

As this offer is exclusive to target members only, please contact Visa directly for further assistance.

You may call the Visa Customer Service Hotline: 1-800-698-0120/1-800-4857236

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Attached is the link to our Service Centers' phone numbers page: http://www.priorityclub.com/contactus
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: Everyone!
To update....I called the number on my 60K offer page (877-206-9833)....and asked why my offer said 60K when others received 80K. She looked up my account and said in her system, she has me on record with an 80K offer and said the e-mail must have been old and would note the 80K on my account.

I am not an elite PC member.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to a card with no foreign transaction fees.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
I just got this card. (Only 60K points though...)

However, I previously booked several 10K and 15K points room, and also "prepaid" for a room coming up in June. I cannot rebook most of them since they've gone up in price or do not have availability.

Will I still get the 10% reward night refund for having this card? Or does the reservations have to be made before receiving this card? Does the reservation have to be held using this credit card?

Anybody experienced with having PC refund a prepaid stay and re-charge to their PC visa?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chunky649
Will I still get the 10% reward night refund for having this card?
Probably, but this is uncertain.

Or does the reservations have to be made before receiving this card?
I assume you mean "after" and not "before"?

Does the reservation have to be held using this credit card?
No.

Anybody experienced with having PC refund a prepaid stay and re-charge to their PC visa?
This is an issue for the hotel. PC does not charge your card. If the hotel has not yet charged your "prepaid" stay, then changing the card on file should be trivial. If they have charged your card, then the hotel would have to process and refund and recharge. This is a hotel function.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, PC Plat, Hertz 5*
60 k to 80 k ?

I had applied for the 60,000 offer. Just made my first purchase two days ago. I called the chase line to make sure that my PC number noted on my card was the same as my regular PC number as upon logging into my pc account I dont see any sign that I have the card as well.

The chase rep mentioned that i would get 80k points with my first purchase but did not see mention of a 'gold status' upgrade anywhere.

So, I suppose I was upgraded to the 80k offer without lifting a finger. Anyone know, how long will it take for my "club status" to show Gold ?

thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2011, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by aterug
I had applied for the 60,000 offer. Just made my first purchase two days ago. I called the chase line to make sure that my PC number noted on my card was the same as my regular PC number as upon logging into my pc account I dont see any sign that I have the card as well.

The chase rep mentioned that i would get 80k points with my first purchase but did not see mention of a 'gold status' upgrade anywhere.

So, I suppose I was upgraded to the 80k offer without lifting a finger. Anyone know, how long will it take for my "club status" to show Gold ?

thanks!
Actually once your points post, you will be upgraded to Platinum. I seem to recall it took a couple weeks for my account to reflect the new status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.