Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anywhere Challenge: Win up to 60,000 points over the next 8 weeks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:03 pm

Smile Great Deductions - You All Are on the Mark

Another Photo of Chitwan. You can see the water, sand and vegetation is the same as in the Challenge

http://image.shutterstock.com/displa...k-47960077.jpg
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Hmm, so what do I do the rest of the week now?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:24 pm

Programs: Not Worthy...
Nice, further evidence to the Chitwan Park.

Camels!

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/in...&news_id=21609
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:48 pm
une

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Great job and lots of thanks to the previous poster who unlocked this one. Now we just have to be patient for a week.

Here is the original image with the camels.
http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-4177...-of-river.html

Last edited by une; Sep 14, 2010 at 10:57 pm
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:33 am

Programs: AAPlatinum, UA
Exclamation

Originally Posted by MMSB01
Nice, further evidence to the Chitwan Park.

Camels!

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/in...&news_id=21609
yep, I found more info on the camels here:

http://www.nepal-traveller.com/index...=article&id=72

"The Chitwan National Park harbors 50 species of mammals, more than 500 species of birds, 49 species of reptiles and amphibians and 120 species of fish. Rhino, Wild boar, crocodile, deer along with birds are commonly sighted wild animals in this park There are eight types of ecosystems which include seven forest types, six grassland types, five wetlands and three main river system habitats (UNESCOEoH,2003). The floral diversity of the park consists of more than 500 species of plants. Three gymnosperms, 13 pteridophytes, 415 dicotyledons, 137 monocotyledons and 16 orchids have been reported from this park"
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Yesterday I submitted 'Royal Chitwan National Park, Nepal'
Today I guess I should submit just 'Chitwan National Park' Nepal' to be on the safe side!

Great work, on this one all!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:51 am

Programs: UA PG, IHG Diamond Amb
Anyone from "ineligible" locations received points for this? It lets me enter, but I don't know if I will get the points credited.

I'm starting to feel a little left out. Can't do the Anywhere Challenge, no Crack the Case invite, and most of my travel is to Asia so can't do this year's free nights promo
Old Sep 15, 2010, 2:16 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by thedon
Anyone from "ineligible" locations received points for this? It lets me enter, but I don't know if I will get the points credited.

I'm starting to feel a little left out. Can't do the Anywhere Challenge, no Crack the Case invite, and most of my travel is to Asia so can't do this year's free nights promo
same for me.. and I didnt even get the Sweets Dilema promo since my address is a Indian one !!!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I don't think anyone has received points yet. It says 4-6 weeks
Old Sep 15, 2010, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
same for me.. and I didnt even get the Sweets Dilema promo since my address is a Indian one !!!
Is it not available to everyone with a US address? I don't remember getting an email...
Old Sep 15, 2010, 6:29 am

Hey all. Quick question. Once you've guessed on day 1, is it wise to guess on day 2 with a tweak of the name?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by nas6034
Hey all. Quick question. Once you've guessed on day 1, is it wise to guess on day 2 with a tweak of the name?
Yes, I have. We don't know at this point how strict PC is going to be about getting the name exactly right.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:25 am

TY for excellent research. ^
Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by Raffles
Yes, I have. We don't know at this point how strict PC is going to be about getting the name exactly right.
FWIW, I'm sticking with my day one answer. The risk I see is that if your answer is correct on day one you get 2K, but if your answer is "more" correct on day two, you might only get 1.5K. There's also the possibility that tweaking your answer makes it "less" correct and you don't get any points at all.

Also, the T&Cs indicate that guesses don't have to be perfect, e.g. minor mispellings. I'd posit that not having "Royal" in your week two guess isn't going to hurt.

Andyandy
Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:55 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by andyandy
The risk I see is that if your answer is correct on day one you get 2K, but if your answer is "more" correct on day two, you might only get 1.5K. There's also the possibility that tweaking your answer makes it "less" correct and you don't get any points at all.
I'd hope that this isn't really a possibility, but until they start posting points we won't know for sure. There are two accounts in my family and we've tried different approaches this week: first account with "Royal" on day one and without on day two, second account the other way round.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.