Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anywhere Challenge: Win up to 60,000 points over the next 8 weeks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2010, 5:47 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Any significance to the bird in the top left of the image?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 5:57 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Chitwan National Park is a breeding ground for the endangered Indian Spotted Eagle, which is probably what the flying bird is all about. I think this is the correct site.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 6:05 am

Just curious....

Has anyone seen points added to their accounts from last week's contest? Do we get any notice if we are awarded or not?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, and a mug on the wall at the local brewpub
Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal

The official name of the country is Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal.

However, CHITWAN NATIONAL PARK, FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF NEPAL doesn't fit in the box (Nepal is truncated as 'N'), so I guess I'll go with CHITWAN NATIONAL PARK, NEPAL

bd
Old Sep 14, 2010, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by BA_Blade
Great spot Plancktos

And if there is anyone still in doubt, here is the path and elephant from the left of the picture from the same site:

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-4796...onal-park.html

It is definitely the Royal Chitwan National Park
Great finds ya'll. I was looking for landscape last night, but only found something similar, so that is why I was thinking Chitwan.

Hey, so far at least they are all in the park. ^
Old Sep 14, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by Plancktos
Hello all,

I have cracked this one!
Following the leads in this thread I have done some searching. It turns out that the location is Royal Chitwan National Park, Terai region, Nepal without doubt.

Check out this picture:
http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-2867851/stock-photo-bis-hajaar-tal-also-known-as-lakes-is-a-wetland-area-near-the-royal-chitwan-national-park.html

The tree (the picture) is the same as used in the challenge image.

Lets stack up the points!

Cheers
P
Originally Posted by BA_Blade
Great spot Plancktos

And if there is anyone still in doubt, here is the path and elephant from the left of the picture from the same site:

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-4796...onal-park.html

It is definitely the Royal Chitwan National Park
You guys are right. I was looking last night at Corbett National Park and this one. Decided on the first one, but the pictures prove beyond the doubt.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by boywander
Has anyone seen points added to their accounts from last week's contest? Do we get any notice if we are awarded or not?
I second this query and hope someone can provide an answer. My guess was Arikok National Park, Aruba (on the last day, I only found out about it on Thursday!) and I feel like this guess was correct based on the answer which was displayed. Yet I have not received any points. The terms and conditions do mention 2-4weeks for points to appear but I believe this is in the section regarding the 'Weekly Prize' draws, ie. the 30,000 point wins. Has anyone else received their points and can confirm this? If you HAVE received your points, can you confirm how your guess was formatted which was successful?

Thanks everyone!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
The FAQs say 2-4 weeks to post.
I don't know if they will notify correct answers earlier; (they say about a week for the Grand Prize winners) I guess we will see posts here soon enough when anything happens.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by leggroom
A few minutes before the change to the new pic (midnight ET), the Mrs and I both got 500 pts listed as Survey bonus. I wonder if this is the points from the Challenge. I'm positive I answered the right destination on Tuesday, but since I tweaked my answer each day, it must have just gone with the last entry. Oh well... lessons learned...
I answered correctly on Thursday. It was the only day I entered an answer and I still have not received PC points. On the other hand, I literally joined PC on that day so perhaps I won't get points for my guess.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:51 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Motors

Week Two
Clue 1: Not your typical safari destination

Well-researched answer: Chitwan National Park, Nepal. — Thanks to Plancktos
First, I want to Thank the OP Motors for this thread ^

As for Chitwan National Park, Nepal, the huts in the contest photo although far and appear small resemble the one in this article:http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/10...ent-nepal.html
Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:08 am

Plancktos is correct, it's Chitwan. (That grass carries horrendous fleas, by the way--my legs looked like I had the measles when I was there.) Note that it is no longer called Royal Chitwan--it's Chitwan National Park, Nepal.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: united 1p, usair silver, nz gold, hilton gold, starwood gold
and I thought it was a plane in the top left as the airport for Chitwin was also the home of the elephant polo matches. Hopefully the planes landed between chuckers.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:38 am

Today's clue reminds me of the Bond (Sir Roger Moore) movie Octopussy, where Bond, on safari, is approached by a tiger. Bond utters the command "Sit" (ala Barbara Woodhouse).

That is all.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by Kohoutek
Today's clue reminds me of the Bond (Sir Roger Moore) movie Octopussy, where Bond, on safari, is approached by a tiger. Bond utters the command "Sit" (ala Barbara Woodhouse).

That is all.
^ that is a great scene and typical of that era Bond.

thanks to the hive mind for working out the location on this one clue. i am in awe of the expertise of the travelers here. it also reminds me that i really have not traveled nearly enough, yet. but of course, that is why we pursue all these points and miles.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:30 pm

Programs: AAPlatinum, UA
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Plancktos
Hello all,

I have cracked this one!
Following the leads in this thread I have done some searching. It turns out that the location is Royal Chitwan National Park, Terai region, Nepal without doubt.

Check out this picture:
http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-2867851/stock-photo-bis-hajaar-tal-also-known-as-lakes-is-a-wetland-area-near-the-royal-chitwan-national-park.html

The tree (the picture) is the same as used in the challenge image.

Lets stack up the points!

Cheers
P
Thank you, well done finding this!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.