Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anywhere Challenge: Win up to 60,000 points over the next 8 weeks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 3:07 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by freeflyin
Sorry,but the time to work it all out was BEFORE it was released.

This time they just got it wrong.
Well said. The nerve these people have of giving us opportunities to earn bonus points and not getting all the details perfectly right. Off with their heads!!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: AAPlatinum, UA
Originally Posted by britbronco22
There seem to be a few people on this thread with points fever!
If you are lucky enough to get some free points dished out then great! But there is only so much you can complain about, PC in no way owe anyone these points...
I agree! well said! ^

It's good to get the points but nothing can be perfect...at least they are keeping all the PC members entertained with a new way to get the points.....I love the promotion!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:09 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Having not been to Aruba I wonder if its possible to see all the clues from within the park, for me the clincher was the two native species, as they are only seen in the park. It was a bit of fun and I doubt I will even get the points as my account is in a non eligible country, it was still good to know I got it the same day I found our about it, with a lot of help from this thread!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
Hopefully pts post tommrow
Old Sep 13, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Vacation time
Hopefully pts post tommrow
I thought the T&Cs said 2-4 weeks.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:09 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
Week 2 clue is available.
https://challenge.priorityclub.com/
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Corbett National Park, India
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:58 pm

Programs: PC Plat, Club Carlson Gold
A few minutes before the change to the new pic (midnight ET), the Mrs and I both got 500 pts listed as Survey bonus. I wonder if this is the points from the Challenge. I'm positive I answered the right destination on Tuesday, but since I tweaked my answer each day, it must have just gone with the last entry. Oh well... lessons learned...
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by foxberg
Do you have anything to back that up?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by foxberg
I was thinking Royal Chitwan National Park, Nepal, but that is with some quick searching. One think I see in the pic is a elephant. So S. Aisa or Africa.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:37 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Hmmm - perhaps we have a national park theme going here...
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:44 pm

I was actually in Jim Corbett National Park, Sawai Madhopur, India (this is the fully correct location address, if it is that park) earlier this year and yeah the scenery looks similar. However, I will wait for a couple more days for more clues to surface rather than filling one entry each day. Infact for last week I only entered once on Thursday and with the correct entry.

Also note it says "not your TYPICAL safari". Typical safaris are usual wildlife safari of animals in Africa and other continents. But the not so typical is the TIGER safari indeed! However, India also has Sariska National Park for tiger safaris and may be some more parks with tigers. So I'll wait to see some more clues.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:45 pm

I agree with foxberg that it looks like Jim Corbett National Park. A quick google image search shows a very similar mountain range in the background. Of course, many mountain ranges can look similar so don't hold me to my word
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:49 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasondart
I was thinking Royal Chitwan National Park, Nepal, but that is with some quick searching. One think I see in the pic is a elephant. So S. Aisa or Africa.
I think you could be right, compare the mountains with the photo here:

http://www.travelsphere.co.uk/destin...rn-asia/nepal/
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Montreal
I was actually in Jim Corbett National Park, Sawai Madhopur, India (this is the fully correct location address, if it is that park) earlier this year and yeah the scenery looks similar. However, I will wait for a couple more days for more clues to surface rather than filling one entry each day. Infact for last week I only entered once on Thursday and with the correct entry.

Also note it says "not your TYPICAL safari". Typical safaris are usual wildlife safari of animals in Africa and other continents. But the not so typical is the TIGER safari indeed! However, India also has Sariska National Park for tiger safaris and may be some more parks with tigers. So I'll wait to see some more clues.
Since you can enter each day, there is no reason to wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.