Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anywhere Challenge: Win up to 60,000 points over the next 8 weeks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2010, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Jasondart
Why did you guess the same thing 3 days in a row? If you were right the first day you win. If you were wrong you win noting. I would think the best thing to do is change your answer every day.
I went for this also,but it`s not part of Netherlands anymore so left it with just Aruba at end,i tried writing southern Caribbean etc but it would not allow as many words
Old Sep 11, 2010, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by pete330
I went for this also,but it`s not part of Netherlands anymore so left it with just Aruba at end,i tried writing southern Caribbean etc but it would not allow as many words
yes it is, it's a state within the Netherlands but is no longer part of The Netherlands Antilles (which will be disbanded on October 10, 2010, and the other islands will then have the same status as Aruba)

So, that's why I'm convinced it is enough to write Aruba
Old Sep 11, 2010, 6:10 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Having been to aruba

I concur with other posters that this is Aruba. Having been there, it looked a lot like island in at least one picture. I didnt know that it had 2 kinds of birds there though but did know the make up of the island.

IF it is somewhere else, it would amaze me but then again Curacao and Bonaire are right next to it and part of the island chain as well.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
...IF it is somewhere else, it would amaze me but then again Curacao and Bonaire are right next to it and part of the island chain as well.
There's no IF about it. Compare the lighthouses in the ABCs.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:47 am

Programs: Platinum for Life Flying Blue; LH FTL
why do I get a completely black screen, when I go to the web page?
Old Sep 12, 2010, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by wjv144
Same for me.
My guess is that since the 4th day of this weeks promotion is over, they probably take down the site so people don't continue to try and play until Next Tuesday.
I think they probably should put up something to explain that better than a black screen, but that is just my opinion.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by swingkid
Same for me.
My guess is that since the 4th day of this weeks promotion is over, they probably take down the site so people don't continue to try and play until Next Tuesday.
I think they probably should put up something to explain that better than a black screen, but that is just my opinion.
+1. Its kinda annoying to not have any indication that you can't click on anything but the rules.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by wjv144
Less time for the hackers to work on exposing the entire photo on the first day!
Old Sep 12, 2010, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MMSB01
Frustrating, but love the promotion so far.
Horses for courses I suppose but I hate this promotion.....my interest in it lasted no more than one minute I'm afraid.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
...IF it is somewhere else, it would amaze me but then again Curacao and Bonaire are right next to it and part of the island chain as well.

I doubt tehy would use Curacao or Bonaire since I dont think they have a presence on either.
I personally would only guess locations where they have a property, but will have to wait to see if that is true
Old Sep 12, 2010, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by bjdsave
I doubt tehy would use Curacao or Bonaire since I dont think they have a presence on either.
I personally would only guess locations where they have a property, but will have to wait to see if that is true
Uhh, and what's the point of doing that when they are trying to promote their "Anywhere" offering?
Old Sep 12, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue
I guess I am not able to enter my answer for this week. The typing box is blocked off and the "submit" button is shaded out. I'll wait to try next week.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 10:00 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
So it was Arikok NP, Aruba!
Old Sep 12, 2010, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by markis10
So it was Arikok NP, Aruba!
Well I'll be...
Priority Club goes National Geographic
Old Sep 13, 2010, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Well that is what I entered last week. Where is my prize.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.