Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accounts closed with nearly half million points

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2010, 7:08 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
I have read and re-read this thread now, to try and get a better understanding of the situation, and I still don't see it as a discrimination matter.

It seems fairly obvious to me that IHG are trying to close down these fraudulent activities in China as best they can, and I don't think anyone can honestly blame them for that, or call that racist or discriminatory. I think it's unfortunate that maybe a few genuine PC members have been caught up through association somehow or another, but that still doesn't fit the discrimination bill to my mind. All the reasons as to why IHG may have flagged the OP's account have been clearly set out here, so I won't set them out again, and I think the name or surname are totally irrelevant in this instance.

Yes, we all play the game to maximise our points-earnings, but we each choose the level that we are comfortable with on the risk-reward scales; Some here I am sure post less promo codes to their account than I do, but some here also post every code they can find. Some do a quiz once, some 10 times, and some run scripts - again, it's risk-reward, and we all make our own choices. If, however, some PC members' day to day activities link them to areas where there are a spate of fraudulent activities occurring, then I don't think it's a surprise to find that those accounts are the ones subject to extra attention, audits or closure.

Bottom line is that if IHG choose to stop any kind of account mis-use then it's up to them, and they are well within their rights to do so, and to look for trends and associations to help them narrow down their selections. They may lose some good customers, but they obviously feel they need to address this situation, so it's worth doing for them on their risk-reward scales. I certainly hope that it doesn't happen to my account, and I do sympathise with the OP, but it still doesn't sound like discrimination whichever way you shake it.
Old May 30, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA
Apparently, IHG is targeting China, however I won't call it "discrimination".

I have to say IHG has a poor judgement on such matter. They should have a case-by-case inquest and at least accept appeals before permanently shutting down any accounts. I share my greatest sympathy with the OP.

Old May 30, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: Marriott- Platinum, IHG - Platinum, Hyatt - Globalist, CC - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, BW - Platinum S
Originally Posted by xavierkuai

Last time I checked, discrimination is a sociological term referring to the treatment taken toward or against a person of a certain group in consideration based solely on class or category(that includes class/category based on age,gender, caste, employment, langugage, religion, country, disability blah blah blah....)
Old May 30, 2010, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by silverfalls
Last time I checked, discrimination is a sociological term referring to the treatment taken toward or against a person of a certain group in consideration based solely on class or category(that includes class/category based on age,gender, caste, employment, langugage, religion, country, disability blah blah blah....)

Well, thanks for your wiki definition. Even Interpol has its six priority crime areas in targeted geographical regions, right? So Interpol is discriminatory in fighting crimes?

As OP mentioned above, there were some extreme cases using loopholes taken place in China. I believe that's why IHG is targeting China this time. Obviously, not everyone is guilty (or one's account shouldn't be closed if it is just a minor violation. Well, my opinion only and apparently that's not what IHG is done.), IHG should be more meticulous before taking any actions.

Last edited by alwaysflyingLA; May 30, 2010 at 9:40 pm
Old May 30, 2010, 9:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by yyliu88
what script? I just did that 100 quiz bonus 15 times, is that call using script?
In post 81 you were asked if you used a script. In post 82 you answered "yes".
Old May 30, 2010, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by dgwright99
Originally Posted by olegator
did u used any kind of script or lots of multiple entries for 100points bonus?
OP means he did the quiz multiple times, but not using a script.
Old May 30, 2010, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by dgwright99
Do you know what the script is? I don't, but I do know if someone used script, it's not just 1500-2000 points per account, it should be it least 2 more 0s
Old May 30, 2010, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM

I have to say IHG has a poor judgement on such matter. They should have a case-by-case inquest and at least accept appeals before permanently shutting down any accounts. I share my greatest sympathy with the OP.

I doubt PC will target America like the way they have done to China. If so, PC will be facing thousands of lawsuit in the States. People in China mostly don't know how to fight back and probably do not have systems or ways to fight back like American due to the difference in laws & political systems. I do call it "discrimination" unless PC do the same thing the States or fully developed countries.
Old May 30, 2010, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
I doubt PC will target America like the way they have done to China. If so, PC will be facing thousands of lawsuit in the States. People in China mostly don't know how to fight back and probably do not have systems or ways to fight back like American due to the difference in laws & political systems. I do call it "discrimination" unless PC do the same thing the States or fully developed countries.

Storm is not over yet.
Old May 30, 2010, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Not just that, for members in China, it will cost a fortune to file lawsuit against PCR action in US. It's not people don't know, it's just not worth it for individual member to file this kind of international lawsuit, not to mention PCR has the right to close anyone's account for any reason.

This is also the reason why PCR CSR in China direct everything back to US rather than handled over there.

Last, JE knows this, he told those Chinese do whatever they want to do, he doesn't care.
Old May 31, 2010, 1:16 am

Obviously IHG need some Chinese member to foot the bill for their INTENTIONALLY LOOPHOLE now
Old May 31, 2010, 1:24 am

how do you know they haven't done that?
because the op and his entoruage are saying they haven't?
it's very common that people who get caught by the police whine about police brutality to make it look like they are innocent
Old May 31, 2010, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
how do you know they haven't done that?
because the op and his entoruage are saying they haven't?
it's very common that people who get caught by the police whine about police brutality to make it look like they are innocent
whoever follows my blogs long enough know they have not
Old May 31, 2010, 1:39 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Without re-reading this entire thread, has the OP appealed to IHG as has been suggested? Or does he see this forum as the way to get it resolved?
Old May 31, 2010, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you actually written to someone at Inter or PC and asked them what happened & to explain their actions. There are plenty of contacts on here. Its better to ask in writting then to get a poor call center person, who might not have been trained to deal with the situation. They didnt ask for your accounts to be closed, the computer closed your accounts. Okay by being programmed.

For what it is worth I am very aware from the press statements and Shareholder information that Inter hotels are very committed to China. Its a very important expansion area for them. The are using the growth to beat or tey to beat Hilton & Marriott. So racisim or anything against the people is not in their needs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.