Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accounts closed with nearly half million points

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by uk1
I'm very sorry for you. Their behavior is unacceptable.
let me tell you something, from the moment I opened up my mouth, I knew he is different than talking to those members in china, because

unlike other people, who's file been forward to him before calling, he was not expecting my calls, so can not tell I am in China or in USA.

and I know my English is not very very good, but my spoken English is better most non American born or grown up Chinese there, or even here(not counting those who's major in English), so he can't really say what he have said to Chinese in China.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
A week or so ago, they had the exact same offer via the Discover America promotion. .6 cpp

If you really feel that you have done no wrong, and you haven't gotten an adequate response from IHG, I'd certainly file a claim in small claims court. You will probably lose, unless they don't show up. If enough people do this, it could keep IHG quite busy.
not enough, never gonna be enough, not that many Chinese here using IHG and have you seen anyone reported account closure in here during past 2 months besides me?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So basically this is about fraud as expected.

You gained more free nights from the hotels then you paid for. They saw this and got upset. No racisim no against any country, just trying to protect themselves.

They are working hard for everyone else. You havent paid for the use of the hotels this year. You got free stays. I have been paying in Inter hotels every month this year. In either HKG or the US. I have also got two trips later this year to Madrid and Rome. So i have the points but havent had any free trips.

So if I wanted to take my wife on a free trp to mke up for working so much. Maybe France a nice trip to Paris. Yet I cant go because you are using your points. Points that you havent paid for. You want to use the hotel but for free, thats wrong. Thats just fraud. You got found out, end of story. Bad luck on your part. But they want my business, they want me to enjoy myself when I am there. I cnat do that if everyone else wants everyhting for free.

There are threads on here about the hotels cutting back on things. People say this is wrong. People get upset. They discuss Four seasons they look at Mandarian, they even think maybe back to Hilton. Yet you seem to want them for free causing the cut backs. In the end you are downgrading the brand. You downgrading the reward nights for everyone else.

I still am not understanding. What part of Priority Club Rewards do you not understand. Rewards for paid night stayed in the hotel.

I for one need them. Just to keep my family happy. I travel every month for business. I work all hours, okay for my family. But I need family time as well.

Okay I agree with the codes. Its really difficut trying to keep up with the codes of the different hotels. I got one today from Marriott. If they want me to have it why must I register to use it. Why cant they just add it to my account.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Question How many of you start to log on priorityclub.com everyday?

QUESTION: How many of you start to log on priorityclub.com everyday or whenever you have chance, just to see your account is still there after the yyliu88's incidence?

Now I really don't feel safe keeping more than 50,000 points in my PC account. The feeling is like depositing the money you earned hard to the bank that is going to go bankruptcy anytime. From now on whenever I have chance, I will keep my PC balance close to zero by redeeming as many points as possible.

I really feel sorry for yyliu88 and hope that he could bring this issue to the attention of the mass media/press in China or even in the States. I guess this is the last and only chance/solution you can get your accounts and points back.

Ihg had been my most favorite hotel program for many years, but after this incidence I have to re-consider for spreading my money/investment more to Hhonors and Starwood.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

you just don't get it,how many people here stay less than what they paid for ?plenty! You stay with them every month doesn't mean others too. if you use number of nights to justify, how to justify my father account or any RA account got closed in China?

how many people paid MR at several cheap $200 ticket to get enough miles for a business class award ticket, which cost thousands of dollars?

I am paying less to get more points then stay at upscale for free, means paying less money for more expensive hotels, what's the problem with that?
are you calling everyone who is very good at each points program or everyone who is MR hyatt, SPG are fraud?

you are working and paid by company to stay at hotel doesn't mean others too.

Finally, how many people on FT? how many people account got closed so far?

in the end, what is free? I paid my nights to get my points, you can only say I stay expensive hotels at cheap rate, but not free.

If you still don't understand, I can not help you

Originally Posted by origin
So basically this is about fraud as expected.

You gained more free nights from the hotels then you paid for. They saw this and got upset. No racisim no against any country, just trying to protect themselves.

They are working hard for everyone else. You havent paid for the use of the hotels this year. You got free stays. I have been paying in Inter hotels every month this year. In either HKG or the US. I have also got two trips later this year to Madrid and Rome. So i have the points but havent had any free trips.

So if I wanted to take my wife on a free trp to mke up for working so much. Maybe France a nice trip to Paris. Yet I cant go because you are using your points. Points that you havent paid for. You want to use the hotel but for free, thats wrong. Thats just fraud. You got found out, end of story. Bad luck on your part. But they want my business, they want me to enjoy myself when I am there. I cnat do that if everyone else wants everyhting for free.

There are threads on here about the hotels cutting back on things. People say this is wrong. People get upset. They discuss Four seasons they look at Mandarian, they even think maybe back to Hilton. Yet you seem to want them for free causing the cut backs. In the end you are downgrading the brand. You downgrading the reward nights for everyone else.

I still am not understanding. What part of Priority Club Rewards do you not understand. Rewards for paid night stayed in the hotel.

I for one need them. Just to keep my family happy. I travel every month for business. I work all hours, okay for my family. But I need family time as well.

Okay I agree with the codes. Its really difficut trying to keep up with the codes of the different hotels. I got one today from Marriott. If they want me to have it why must I register to use it. Why cant they just add it to my account.

Last edited by yyliu88; Jun 1, 2010 at 1:03 pm
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You havent paid for the use of the hotels this year. You got free stays. I have been paying in Inter hotels every month this year. In either HKG or the US. I have also got two trips later this year to Madrid and Rome. So i have the points but havent had any free trips.
So if you earn lots of points from stays this year, and then next year don't make any paid trips, you shouldn't be able to use those points at that time?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:02 pm

I did. I had planned to stay in PC hotels recently to regain my platinum status again for this year, as i do every year. Then i read this thread and i canceled all my reservations. I have exactly same feeling as you.

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
QUESTION: How many of you start to log on priorityclub.com everyday or whenever you have chance, just to see your account is still there after the yyliu88's incidence?

Now I really don't feel safe keeping more than 50,000 points in my PC account. The feeling is like depositing the money you earned hard to the bank that is going to go bankruptcy anytime. From now on whenever I have chance, I will keep my PC balance close to zero by redeeming as many points as possible.

I really feel sorry for yyliu88 and hope that he could bring this issue to the attention of the mass media/press in China or even in the States. I guess this is the last and only chance/solution you can get your accounts and points back.

Ihg had been my most favorite hotel program for many years, but after this incidence I have to re-consider for spreading my money/investment more to Hhonors and Starwood.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyliu88
you just don't get it,how many people here stay less than what they paid for ?plenty! You stay with them every month doesn't mean others too. if you use number of nights to justify, how to justify my father account or any RA account got closed in China?

how many people paid MR at several cheap $200 ticket to get enough miles for a business class award ticket, which cost thousands of dollars?

I am paying less to get more points then stay at upscale for free, means paying less money for more expensive hotels, what's the problem with that?
are you calling everyone who is very good at each points program or everyone who is MR hyatt, SPG are fraud?

you are working and paid by company to stay at hotel doesn't mean others too.

Finally, how many people on FT? how many people account got closed so far?

in the end, what is free? I paid my nights to get my points, you can only say I stay expensive hotels at cheap rate, but not free.
First of all I am working. But I dont get my travel paid for.

I dont deal with Hyatt or Spg, so dont know.

I cant easily find this information. How many nights have you paid for over the past few years? Okay not just this one, previous years in order for yo to get the points.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by soitgoes
So if you earn lots of points from stays this year, and then next year don't make any paid trips, you shouldn't be able to use those points at that time?
that's his point, you need to stay with them every year in order to use the points.

I wonder how many people ever fly on US airways or have flown miles in US airways accounts in order to use them, as they have been running miles sale for 9 months in a roll now.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I cant easily find this information. How many nights have you paid for over the past few years? Okay not just this one, previous years in order for yo to get the points.
Do you also realize there are many ways to get points with partners--and that PCR is paid for them? Credit cards, PCR shopping, Amex transfers, etc.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

I dont deal with Hyatt or Spg, so dont know.

How many nights I paid to get those points is irrelevant , there other bonus promotion not just staying at hotel, CC signup, multipartners, coke, CC spending, AMEX,

The points are rolling for 7 years, maybe you do, but I don't track how many nights I have stayed 7 years ago.

Once more thing I want to add: you seem to not get the fundamental of rewards program, they are not just a loyalty program they are separate division/department/company that generates revenue through selling points/miles to its partners.

Last edited by yyliu88; Jun 1, 2010 at 1:33 pm
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by origin View Post
You havent paid for the use of the hotels this year. You got free stays. I have been paying in Inter hotels every month this year. In either HKG or the US. I have also got two trips later this year to Madrid and Rome. So i have the points but havent had any free trips.

Thank you soitgoes for posting this!

I was going to ask origin about this illogical comment. Let say, people who stayed a not in previous years but did not use up their points because using pts do not fit with their travel plans in the same year the points are earned. Now in the following year they stay very few nights but would go ahead to use the points they accumulated in previous years, they are not entitled to do that? and they are getting "free trips"?

PCR makes it the major selling point that their points DONT expire. You dont need to make a stay or any activity to keep your points alive, unlike HHonor and SPG, MR and Hyatt to a lesser degree.

I would bet MANY of us here dont have their point balances in any given year = to their earning via stays for that year.

What brainless statement that was...

Last edited by Happy; Jun 1, 2010 at 1:40 pm
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How many nights have you paid for over the past few years? Okay not just this one, previous years in order for yo to get the points.
I would like PCR provides such function other than only 180 days activity on its website.

Hyatt provides YEARS activity history, MR provides at least 2 years if I remember.

Who would remember how many stays in the past one has made, in a particular chain? I know I dont. May be you do, meticulously recorded exactly when you stay at where so to make sure you are not owed anything.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you also realize there are many ways to get points with partners--and that PCR is paid for them? Credit cards, PCR shopping, Amex transfers, etc.
Apparently origin does not know other than actual stays there are many other ways to earn points. OP has already listed plenty and origin still has a problem...

Dont forget e-reward transfer (even at crummy rate) and the MCR program.

If e-reward is nice to you, you can easily have currency worth for 2 x 4K points each year. We did.

It seems JE is using the same logic to accuse OP - this is bothersome when there are so many LEGITIMATE ways to accumulate points without actual stay.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

One more reason I think PCR is targeting Chinese rather than everyone because there are only 2 main sources for code, one is here, another one is in Chinese.

Since no one ever reported here despite the IHG claimed what they have done, is this just a coincidence, none of them got burst are from here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.