Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Hi everyone!

I've posted a few times & my FT bag tag has already flown but thought I'd drop by and say hi in the official thread. I'm a long time lurker who finally got around to registering and am looking forward to being here. FT has been a great resource for many a travel related subject over the years!
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:16 pm

Welcome, rusty !
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: IHG Spire- Marriott-Hilton Diamond sort of- Choice Diamond
Delurking

Thanks for adding me. Long time lurker here too.
I've learned so much here and now I'm a points addict.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:53 am

Hi,
I have been lurking for little while trying to learn, but figured it is time to ask some questions the search button has not answered yet.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Just joined a little while ago. Already have 80,000 plus miles on American Airlines, and looking forward to 50,000 United MP, and 50,000 Southwest RR before year's end. Home airports are BOS and PVD. I've always wanted to travel, and my interest in money/finance/credit only makes this hobby even more fun!
Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
i'm odin and I'm fairly new here. Can i put a confession here? I have a points problem. It started In July when I applied for the chase sapphire preferred. Since then, I have applied and been approved for:

Chase Ink Plus (60k UR pts, Sept)
Citi Hhonors (75k hhonors pts, Aug)
Citi Premier (60k TY pts, July)
Citi Prestige (50k TY pts, Nov)
Amex Platinum (100k MR pts - was targeted, Sept)
Chase BA (100k Avios - in progress, Oct)

After meeting the chase BA spending, I'll have 7 accounts and over half a million points.

I hope I didn't blow my load too early. I'm vowing to take the next 6mo off of applying for new cards to cool things off. My credit score obviously took a pretty big with all of this action, but should recover to be stronger than ever. After a year, i'll end up down-grading the ink plus (to cash), citi premier (to preferred), and amex platinum (overlapping benefits w/citi prestige) and probably closing the chase BA card to reduce fees (this might change if i get retention offers).

Will keep the CSP and Prestige long-term, unless the terms change. Citi hhonors has $0 fee, so obviously that's a long-term hold.

I do not recommend getting this many cards so early so fast. Start slower - and with the chase cards (Sapphire preferred, freedom).

After 6mo-1yr, I'll add the amex everyday card to maintain my MR points. I'm not sure what cards I'll add after that, but I'm not a business class or first class flier (yet), so these points would actually keep me flying free for a couple of years.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:50 am
Suspended

Introduction

Hello,
Myself Sylvie Skew, I am a computer graduate. However, presently I am a homemaker, but planning to soon start working again after a long time. Few days back I went on a trip to Banglore, Mysore and Ooty and I tell you it was a fabulous trip. I went by flight from Indore to Banglore and this was my first experience of travelling through flight and I enjoyed it very much.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 6:25 am

Introduction

Introduction
Hello, I am LeongYH.

Last edited by LeongYH; Nov 15, 2015 at 7:59 am
Old Nov 15, 2015, 11:48 am

Hi everyone, my name is Alley and I have Diamond Status on Delta (well, this year at least... I'm 20k shy for 2016). I've been lurking on and off for several years now, but finally decided to join the party.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 3:15 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by odin99
I have a points problem. It started In July when I applied for the chase sapphire preferred. Since then, I have applied and been approved for:

Chase Ink Plus (60k UR pts, Sept)
Citi Hhonors (75k hhonors pts, Aug)
Citi Premier (60k TY pts, July)
Citi Prestige (50k TY pts, Nov)
Amex Platinum (100k MR pts - was targeted, Sept)
Chase BA (100k Avios - in progress, Oct)

After meeting the chase BA spending, I'll have 7 accounts and over half a million points.
We have a Credit Card forum with specific Sub Fora for Citi, Chase and AmEx. Suggest you take a peek there @:-)
Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:03 pm

Greetings!

Good evening! The name is Dan, currently on the west coast, and here just to learn and soak up and hopefully contribute. Looking forward to being on the forums!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:33 pm

Hi
My name is Mikki (girl)

I am flying every other month domestic between Chicago and Atlanta
I'm an ATL airport/city expert and a Chicago newbie. I also new to getting cash back, using apps for that, etc. I used to just use Amex for delta miles and that was that but this site got me hooked.
I'm a Med student, soon to be physician.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:13 am

Introduction

Introduction
Greetings. I am Sky2904.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:22 pm

Hey guys,

I'm cavendishes. Long time lurker that finally decided to make an account. Just a casual traveler right now but plan to start traveling more often soon. Graduated college in May and taking 2 yrs off before going to med school (Good Luck gMikki14!).

Currently a member of TK M&S Basic. If anyone has any tips on making a good MR to get E or E+ please let me know (or link me to it). Thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 5:58 am

Heya!

My name is Ashroy and I've been using FT periodically to improve my booking technique over the last couple years. I feel like I'm finally starting to understand how to make the most of AA...And I'll probably start from scratch in 6 months!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.