Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
when & where did you complete your gep verification in india????

also, i'm assuming you are not an indian resident, is that correct????
I completed my GEP verification in Gujarat back in july itself.
I am currently in US on H1b visa. does it matter?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So of ordinary Indian citizens who have a history of being resident only in India while visiting the US, none have yet been approved for Global Entry?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
when & where did you complete your gep verification in india????

also, i'm assuming you are not an indian resident, is that correct????
I completed my GEP verification in july 2017 itself. I am currently on H1b visa living in US. I contacted PSK help desk and I was advised to talk to external ministry to find out what happened.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:34 am

Any update on this iowacyclone?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: Global Entry, TTP CBP,
Originally Posted by fishbowl27
What the heck is a iowacyclone ?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:49 am

Most people here appear to have applied in July last year. Anyone know what happens to our Global Entry applications if the Indian government doesn't complete its process by July this year? Will our applications continue to be processed by CBP?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by rockies711
Most people here appear to have applied in July last year. Anyone know what happens to our Global Entry applications if the Indian government doesn't complete its process by July this year? Will our applications continue to be processed by CBP?
I think it stays in “Pending” until the Indian government approves or rejects it. It doesn’t get deleted from the CBP system until the Indian government makes a decision.

In case it’s approved, you have 1 year to give your CBP interview.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by fishbowl27
​​​​​​​no I have contacted ministry of external affairs and they have forwarded my case to passport office.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by iowacyclone
no I have contacted ministry of external affairs and they have forwarded my case to passport office.

Cool! Do keep us posted as soon as you hear back. I assume you have an inquiry open on pgportal?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by iowacyclone
no I have contacted ministry of external affairs and they have forwarded my case to passport office.
How did you do that? Do you have an acquaintance at the MEA?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:21 pm

Did anyone receive an approval? My police verification was completed in the second week of September 2017 and I am still awaiting approval.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: Etihad Guest, JetBlue TrueBlue, Avianca LifeMiles, KLM FlyingBlue
@fishbowl27 Nope...still waiting...I wonder if anyone that applied and completed police verification in August has been successful yet?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: Global Entry, TTP CBP,
Whom do we contact or share grievance other than PSK ??
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:09 am

Angry

Originally Posted by sherkhan
@fishbowl27 Nope...still waiting...I wonder if anyone that applied and completed police verification in August has been successful yet?
I completed Police verification in July 2017. I have been in holding pattern since then with the website still showing in process awaiting further documents from GOI.

No one except the Indian Ambassador to the US seems to have progressed beyond this step......

For the record B1/B2 visa live in India & applied in New Delhi..... All fingerprinting aadhar & other document verification was done back in July 2017 (I was apparently applicant # 2 in Delhi). Upto the police verification is was smooth & fast.....after that nothing.....
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Dev Lall
I completed Police verification in July 2017. I have been in holding pattern since then with the website still showing in process awaiting further documents from GOI.

No one except the Indian Ambassador to the US seems to have progressed beyond this step......
there seem to be a lot of people on h1b visas who have already been approved....no one living in india has been approved though....

Originally Posted by Dev Lall
All fingerprinting aadhar & other document verification was done back in July 2017 (I was apparently applicant # 2 in Delhi). Upto the police verification is was smooth & fast.....after that nothing.....
when in july was your verification done????i was told i was the first applicant in india on the 3rd of july & my parents then became number 2 & 3 since they went for their verification with me....so you would have been 4 at best....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.