Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

AI B777 Fleet adjustments (Refurb B77W, Retire B77L, Lease B77E)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 21, 2023, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Anish
Seat configs and tail numbers for the new aircraft joining 2023 onwards -

B777-200LR (Ex-Delta) - VT-AEE/F/G/H/I
C28 W48 Y212 (Delta One Suite) - Seatmap
Routes - BOM-SFO, BLR-SFO, DEL-SFO (AI183 might be swapped with AI 77L)

B777-300ER (Ex-Etihad) - VT-AEQ/R/M/N/O/P
F8 C40 Y280 - Seatmap
Routes - BOM-EWR, BOM-JFK, BOM-LHR, DEL-LHR

A350-900 - VT-JRA/B/E/F/H/I
C28 W24 Y264 (Aeroflot interiors with suites in Business) - Seatmap

Print Wikipost

AI B777 Fleet adjustments (Refurb B77W, Retire B77L, Lease B77E)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2023, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Which locations are the Ex-Delta birds flying to in the US at the moment? I have to book a one way award flight for my mother in November. She will be in Dallas so can fly to either the East or West coast to catch the flight back to DEL.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 4:34 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
Which locations are the Ex-Delta birds flying to in the US at the moment? I have to book a one way award flight for my mother in November. She will be in Dallas so can fly to either the East or West coast to catch the flight back to DEL.
Are they flying to DEL? I thought it was just to BOM - SFO & JFK and BLR - SFO.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Are they flying to DEL? I thought it was just to BOM - SFO & JFK and BLR - SFO.
I don't think they are flying to DEL. But that doesn't matter. She can fly to either BOM or BLR & then connect to DEL.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:36 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
They are being used on BOM-JFK; BOM-SFO and BLR-SFO routes.. they cant fly the hindukush mountain route - supplementary oxygen not part of the config.. if you want to check, registrations are VT-AEE/F/G/H/I
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by galaticos
They are being used on BOM-JFK; BOM-SFO and BLR-SFO routes.. they cant fly the hindukush mountain route - supplementary oxygen not part of the config.. if you want to check, registrations are VT-AEE/F/G/H/I
Thanks. SFO-BOM has a seat available for the date I'm looking at.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Must be true, because J fares in December are higher than those from QR and EY, which is absurd even with new hard product, but maybe a little less absurd.

(It is only nonstop on AI if I am going to DEL, but I am not, so it is one-stop on all three airlines.)
Still likelihood of it being the fastest to your destination is still very high.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by memanny
Still likelihood of it being the fastest to your destination is still very high.
Yes, it is fastest, but by only about an hour. But I have been on that flight, it may be fast but it feels like forever. Plus collecting and rechecking luggage in Delhi is a hassle.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Yes, it is fastest, but by only about an hour. But I have been on that flight, it may be fast but it feels like forever. Plus collecting and rechecking luggage in Delhi is a hassle.
I understand its a personal preference.

I would rather be in my destination country. I think the flight length between ME3 hubs and DEL doesn't differ much. Plus I do have to collect and recheck bags when i am stateside at ORD or SFO even when i flew UA, so doesn't make a difference to me.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 11:55 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I don't think they are flying to DEL. But that doesn't matter. She can fly to either BOM or BLR & then connect to DEL.
Are you booking this through UA MP? If so - are you able to find availability and book?
Old Oct 4, 2023, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Are you booking this through UA MP? If so - are you able to find availability and book?
AI miles. Have about 100K that are expiring by March so I need to use them up.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 9:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ex Etihad B77W update:

VT-AEQ entered service this week and is doing BOM-LHR AI 130/1 runs:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/vt-aeq

VT-AER seems to be based in DEL, but does the occasional positioning to BOM as AI 687/805 and the BOM-EWR vv as AI 144/191
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/vt-aer
Old Nov 1, 2023, 11:16 am

Any rumors on when the ORD-DEL ramshackle 777 will get replaced? It's such a terrible experience flying it. Seats broken, seat back TV broken, toilet broken etc.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by leonidas
Any rumors on when the ORD-DEL ramshackle 777 will get replaced? It's such a terrible experience flying it. Seats broken, seat back TV broken, toilet broken etc.
Why would they? With the US carriers unable to overfly Russia, AI is flying full planes, charging high prices, and laughing all the way to the bank. Improving the experience costs money, best to focus on more competitive routes. If I were an airline CEO, I would do the same.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by yashk
I would take this info with a grain of salt. The DL 77s have flown DEL-SFO multiple times and have crossed the Wakhan corridor. Additionally the 77Ws on all US flights cross the Wakhan corridor and so does the 788 to IAD. I doubt these planes have custom mods.
Seems confirmed based on this news report - https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...9.cms?from=mdr
Old Nov 4, 2023, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Anish
Makes the most sense unless they plan to launch fully new routes with the 350s and get the EY/SQ 77Ws to replace their current fleet.
Yeah, seems no one knows except AI's network planning department, but some guy on Airliners.net said the SQ 77Ws came equipped with the supplementary O2 systems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.