JetPrivilege Partner Redemptions

Old Apr 30, 19, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation JetPrivilege Partner Redemptions

JetPrivilege has suspended partner redemptions, however as per some sources one can still make redemptions on Etihad.
Has anyone been able to redeem JP miles on Etihad lately? I have sent quite a few Etihad redemption requests for various sectors, but have received no response even after 2 weeks!

Also, will redemption tickets issued on Jet Airways stock '589' remain valid for travel, now that Jet Airways has shut shop?
Old Apr 30, 19, 6:35 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, 9W JP Platinum, VN GL Silver
I have a 589 tickets for a Qantas flight. I am asking them. So far no news yet. They said they are checking. Another agent tried to call. Bookings are still live in both Qantas and jet websites but I can’t check e-ticket status. Travel is for August 2019.

On on the other thread, Virgin is not honouring 589 tickets....

it it will be good if we can share information here.
Old May 1, 19, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQueeze View Post
I have a 589 tickets for a Qantas flight. I am asking them. So far no news yet. They said they are checking. Another agent tried to call. Bookings are still live in both Qantas and jet websites but I canít check e-ticket status. Travel is for August 2019.

I also have a KLM and a Delta booking for Dec 2019. They sent me an email regarding the KLM booking, saying that the ticket will be honoured by KLM. I can still look up both bookings on KLM and Delta websites.
Old May 1, 19, 2:24 am

Programs: Jet Privilege
Guys, any idea if Etihad would be inclined to merge Jet Privilege program with itself, now that 9W has gone out of business and Jet Privilege is majorly owned by Etihad.

In fact, I just read how there is a partnership in the works between Etihad and Aeroplan. Maybe that would open some doors?

https://onemileatatime.com/etihad-aeroplan-partnership/
Old May 1, 19, 3:15 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
That would be very nice if they merged it but as discussed elsewhere the last time the exact same situation occurred with Air Berlin & their Top Bonus program which was owned (75%) by Etihad... the program sank almost along side the airline.

Also the partnership between Aeroplan & Etihad for earning non-status miles are a dime a dozen.
Old May 1, 19, 5:52 am

I have a 589 tickets for a Qantas flight. I am asking them. So far no news yet. They said they are checking. Another agent tried to call. Bookings are still live in both Qantas and jet websites but I canít check e-ticket status. Travel is for August 2019.

i have news from Jet team. So they had to call me personally and not by email to inform that the ticket is not good for flying by Qantas (a 589-jet award ticket). So they offer to put me on alternate flights to be issued on other airlines ticket number. They offer me Tiger, Qantas, and Emirates. All in business class although my booking is in First Class. Route is SIN-MEL. Or I could opt for a refund.

I wonder if I should wait and hope for resurrection of 589 tickets or I should just agree to the business class offer and get reprotected now.

I am not sure if they had actually contacted Qantas and this is a response or this is just them trying to offload their 589-ticket liabilities as much as they can. Also they said F is not available bla bla which also possibly just because they think they can get away with the downgrade.

I think i am more keen to get the reprotection to business class. Any thoughts. At least I will get to fly. Not worth risking it just to fly F class on 7h flight.

Last edited by SQueeze; May 1, 19 at 6:36 am
Old May 1, 19, 7:05 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
i have news from Jet team. So they had to call me personally and not by email to inform that the ticket is not good for flying by Qantas (a 589-jet award ticket). So they offer to put me on alternate flights to be issued on other airlines ticket number. They offer me Tiger, Qantas, and Emirates. All in business class although my booking is in First Class. Route is SIN-MEL. Or I could opt for a refund.

I wonder if I should wait and hope for resurrection of 589 tickets or I should just agree to the business class offer and get reprotected now.

I am not sure if they had actually contacted Qantas and this is a response or this is just them trying to offload their 589-ticket liabilities as much as they can. Also they said F is not available bla bla which also possibly just because they think they can get away with the downgrade.

I think i am more keen to get the reprotection to business class. Any thoughts. At least I will get to fly. Not worth risking it just to fly F class on 7h flight.
What is their logic of Qantas allowing you to fly in J and not F with a 589 ticket ?
Old May 1, 19, 9:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
They are probably buying a revenue ticket and trying to limit the expense.
Old May 1, 19, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
They are probably buying a revenue ticket and trying to limit the expense.
That's what I thought as well since they're wanting to reissue on the other airlines' ticket#....in which case it's very easy to check if F tickets are available or not. OP should push for F of course.
Old May 1, 19, 4:30 pm

Thank you all. I think yes they are trying to limit expense. It might also be they are having internal agreement with a few airlines to fly their passengers in business and economy only.

But this is jet airways I am dealing with, not Qantas, not Singapore airlines. It took me 2 weeks of back and forth email to make this booking originally. I donít want to escalate and god knows how Long it will take. 2 months? Will they still be around then? Itís really painful dealing with Jet Privilege even when not in crisis. You can scream and shout on the phone and the agent wonít be able to do anything...

To make matters worse, they had taken down my First Class booking... without my permission. I donít think j have much of a choice. As long as not in economy I think itís fine, given all the circumstances.
Old May 1, 19, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I donít think j have much of a choice. As long as not in economy I think itís fine, given all the circumstances.
these are unusual circumstances....just go with the business class ticket....
Old May 1, 19, 10:11 pm

Sorry then you indeed have no choice at all. QF F is very very nice as are their lounges.

Are they going to refund the mile difference?
Old May 2, 19, 2:05 am

Also as a note. The flights they are offering me as replacements are matching exactly the flights which are available through the new jet privilege online booking engine. There, only economy and business class are available. And no Singapore Airlines. So selected airlines only but the range should be quite wide.

Since these seem to be revenue bookings, I wonder if we will be getting miles out of these....
Old May 2, 19, 3:16 am

Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Since these seem to be revenue bookings, I wonder if we will be getting miles out of these....
Yes you will. My EK flight was which booked through JP Select Flights credited miles successfully.
Old May 2, 19, 4:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
That would be very nice if they merged it but as discussed elsewhere the last time the exact same situation occurred with Air Berlin & their Top Bonus program which was owned (75%) by Etihad... the program sank almost along side the airline.

Also the partnership between Aeroplan & Etihad for earning non-status miles are a dime a dozen.
I anticipate that the 9W loyalty program is highly likely to become nearly entirely useless by the end of the year (if not earlier). EY doesn't have money like it used to have to throw around, and it has even less money to throw around than when it had AB's program in its hands. And AB's TopBonus program became nearly entirely useless soon after AB went under.

Someone may buy the 9W's JP program for the relative cheap for some reasons, but I doubt that a buyer could make a sustainable business of JP doing even what JP is doing and honor all the obligations to customers as applicable just before 9W shut-down.

Search this Thread