JetPrivilege Partner Redemptions

Old May 2, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Caution to all.

They turned back on me now offering only Scoot Biz to replace my Qantas F. Not even Qantas business. Apparently it’s only replaceable with the cheapest category in the new jet privilege engine.

I am completely disappointed. I think they are sinking and will no longer fight for their customer for future. Nothing to lose for them.

They say only Scoot. Or full refund.

So for those whose partner award is still alive, better hold on to them and don’t notify. The selection of replacement is much lesser than I initially thought and advised here.
Old May 2, 2019, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by SQueeze
Caution to all.

They turned back on me now offering only Scoot Biz to replace my Qantas F. Not even Qantas business. Apparently it’s only replaceable with the cheapest category in the new jet privilege engine.

I am completely disappointed. I think they are sinking and will no longer fight for their customer for future. Nothing to lose for them.

They say only Scoot. Or full refund.

So for those whose partner award is still alive, better hold on to them and don’t notify. The selection of replacement is much lesser than I initially thought and advised here.
Omg, I was about to write to Jet Privilege about changing my 589 award flights after reading your comment on the other thread.

Looking at what happened with you, I am not sure how to get out of this mess now. You mentioned not notifying JP about changing the flights. Not sure how it will help. What do you reckon I should do?

Edit: Someone posted on the other group that AF, KL and EY are still honouring 9W award tickets.

I have a Delta and a KLM Business class award ticket issued on 589 stock by 9W for travel in Dec 2019. I am able to access both the bookings on respective airlines’ website.

Last edited by 747_Brat; May 2, 2019 at 12:02 pm
Old May 2, 2019, 5:47 pm

Your KLM is safe.

About your DL one, how important is it to you?
Since it’s still the end of the year if I were you I would wait till they come to you.

You can try checking the jet booking engine and see what appears in the lowest category column on the left. Its still a risk though if they can find the same thing for you to replace.

Its a risk either way. Now I am putting the mindset of playing the stock market game and I just lose by shorting. Life moves on from here. Making other plans.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Your KLM is safe.

About your DL one, how important is it to you?
Since it’s still the end of the year if I were you I would wait till they come to you.

You can try checking the jet booking engine and see what appears in the lowest category column on the left. Its still a risk though if they can find the same thing for you to replace.

Its a risk either way. Now I am putting the mindset of playing the stock market game and I just lose by shorting. Life moves on from here. Making other plans.
Why you believe my KLM is safe? What’s the logic behind this, because apparently that’s the common consensus on the forum?

I am doing a multi-city itinerary in December, and DL is my 2nd last flight back home, so it is very important. Interesting thing to note about my DL award though is that I can see the last 4 digits of my credit card on the booking, which I used to pay taxes to Jet Privilege. Not sure if this is any sort of hint that my ticket would be honoured by DL. I can always show them the credit card at the time of check-in, if required.

On your advice, I checked Jet Privilege’s booking engine. Here are the results

1. LHR - MEX:

Current Award Booking: KLM B747 Business Class (Was very excited to fly Queen of the Skies on top deck, which is pretty much the reason I chose KL over other airlines on this route)

Jet Engine: The only offering on this route in Business Class is Avianca. Not very keen on flying them.

2. GRU - JFK:

Current Award Booking: Delta One

Jet Engine: No flight options are available on this route on the Jet Engine.

What would be your advice now?

Last edited by 747_Brat; May 3, 2019 at 2:48 am
Old May 3, 2019, 4:16 am

Hi. I thought I saw somewhere that AF/KL are honoring. So ok, if it is hearsay with no written memo then it's not reliable and highly risky. better wait for more actual stories here.

The Jet engine hypothesis I made earlier is also not reliable. First, I was quoted a list of options / airlines which match the Jet Engine, then they turned back on me citing that "upon further checking with relevant team", it is not available for booking. They always have fingers point somewhere else. Not helpful. They also blamed it on Qantas and said that Qantas refuses to reprotect to their flights even with a downgrade. I don't really believe this explanation to be frank. There was no time for them to check with Qantas as I am on emails with jet team every few hours. I think they are the ones who decide that all QF pax will get transferred to Scoot (much cheaper option to reprotect) and give everybody an option to fully refund. Take it or leave it.

For the refund process, I had my entire miles refunded in about half an hour, god knows when taxes will be refunded (they say 14 working days). Then i immediately bit the bullet and booked a QF business class tickets using my entire miles reserve plus USD1000 extra than what i paid for the original award ticket. Miles balance now is zero and BYE BYE Forever Jet Privilege.

If I were you, I think I will just hang on to it until 10 May when the bidding is closed. If the airline goes under, it might be saver to ask KLM first, and then JP, and then refund if required and make other plans. JP is separate than 9W so if 9W goes under, JP might still be alive a few more weeks. Now they are functioning like travel agent, marking up those fares and charging people extra miles to purchase. So they are making money. You might want to check first what is your alternative if you lose this entire ticket. For me, it's about USD1000 also for an SQ PEY ticket so i bite this bullet and move on.
Old May 3, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg333
What would be your advice now?
Your travel is in December that’s a long ways away. The very best you can do right now is get 9W to rebook you on a revenue ticket on one of their partners that’s available and hope the partner honours the ticket in December.

Old May 3, 2019, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn

Your travel is in December that’s a long ways away. The very best you can do right now is get 9W to rebook you on a revenue ticket on one of their partners that’s available and hope the partner honours the ticket in December.

well, if you read my story, they wanted to rebook me only on a timing that didn’t work for me, plus a downgrade, plus a change of carrier which I am not a fan of. It’s not as simple as here’s your same flight and I am reissuing your ticket on the same flight. It’s based on availability and it doesn’t seem to have transparency.

Take it or refund. It’s a real dilemma.
Old May 3, 2019, 5:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Better have clarity now than be screwed closer to the date of travel when alternatives are scarce and more expensive. Bite the bullet and call JP. A 589 issued ticket on any carrier is not going to transport you in a few months.
Old May 3, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold

well, if you read my story, they wanted to rebook me only on a timing that didn’t work for me, plus a downgrade, plus a change of carrier which I am not a fan of. It’s not as simple as here’s your same flight and I am reissuing your ticket on the same flight. It’s based on availability and it doesn’t seem to have transparency.

Take it or refund. It’s a real dilemma.
I'm asking them to do exactly what you've done - making the best of what's available. There is no point taking a refund - what are you going to do with those miles tomorrow! And nobody is going to honour any type of 589 tickets soon. So those miles will become worthless. It's better to act now than wait till even JP has closed their "any seat" redemption and shut shop and alternative flights have become too expensive.
GUWonder and nancypants like this.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Old May 5, 2019, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

I got in touch with JetPrivilege regarding the fate of my KLM & Delta award tickets last week. I spoke to a ‘Senior Agent’ who mentioned both my bookings are valid and will be honoured by respective airlines. Just yesterday I received this communication about my Delta ticket, which confirms what the agent mentioned on the call last week. I had received a similar communication about my KLM ticket 2 weeks ago.

I even got a schedule change email directly from Delta today. The arrival time has increased by an hour on this flight.

Should I stop worrying about my KL & DL award tickets now?

Last edited by 747_Brat; May 5, 2019 at 11:59 pm
Old May 6, 2019, 1:16 am

9W has given this to you in writing which is a very strong statement on their part. That should be reduce your anxiety a little.

Can anyone on FT give you different advice with a higher degree of certainty?
Old May 6, 2019, 1:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ask DL and KL to be sure. 9W JP will tell you anything...
Old May 6, 2019, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg333

Should I stop worrying about my KL & DL award tickets now?

Congratulations.

Yes, you should. Happy travels. Keep the correspondences on record. In case, 9W completely goes bankrupt, and afterwards JP, then it might be wiser to check with KL and DL again. So long as JP is still alive, don't worry.

So it seems KL and DL are honoring while VS and QF are not.
Old May 6, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Ask DL and KL to be sure. 9W JP will tell you anything...
Yes, I would email both KL and DL with this 9W email attached and try to get a written confirmation from them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.