FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetPrivilege Partner Redemptions
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2019, 7:05 am
PiperAtGatesofDawn

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by SQueeze
i have news from Jet team. So they had to call me personally and not by email to inform that the ticket is not good for flying by Qantas (a 589-jet award ticket). So they offer to put me on alternate flights to be issued on other airlines ticket number. They offer me Tiger, Qantas, and Emirates. All in business class although my booking is in First Class. Route is SIN-MEL. Or I could opt for a refund.

I wonder if I should wait and hope for resurrection of 589 tickets or I should just agree to the business class offer and get reprotected now.

I am not sure if they had actually contacted Qantas and this is a response or this is just them trying to offload their 589-ticket liabilities as much as they can. Also they said F is not available bla bla which also possibly just because they think they can get away with the downgrade.

I think i am more keen to get the reprotection to business class. Any thoughts. At least I will get to fly. Not worth risking it just to fly F class on 7h flight.
What is their logic of Qantas allowing you to fly in J and not F with a 589 ticket ?