Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
That’s good news @Anish. Except for the internation POS thing! That just sucks.

Does anyone know if 10x applies to Uber Eats?
Not sure about Uber Eats but just noticed this in the TnC which is pretty awesome - "Uber transactions internationally are also eligible for 10X Rewards as per this programme."
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Yups... saw that... it’s great!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
International spends being limited to POS transactions only means I can only use the 10X once in a while now for that category. I guess it makes sense since HDFC had to bear the full cost of that themselves. Oh well!

As far as Uber outside of India is concerned it would have automatically earned 10X if non POS international was still on.

Still a great card!!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by piyush
As far as Uber outside of India is concerned it would have automatically earned 10X if non POS international was still on
Correct but upto 10k points. Now it's in a different category which can earn upto 25k.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: JetPrivilege, Club Vistara, Flying Returns
Originally Posted by kumarshah
Anyone know what is the difference between Diners Blub Black and HDFC Infinia? Infinia doesn't offer smartbuy/10x rewards?
10X rewards points can be earned in following 3 ways
  1. Smartbuy
  2. Partner Brands
  3. International Spends
But Diners Club credit cards holders can able earn in above 3 ways but in case of HDFC Infinia can earn 10X with Smartbuy. That's the difference.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Anish
Everything essentially remains the same except Swiggy has been swapped with SOTC (Which is actually great because you now have an OTA in each section), however international spends are limited to POS only.
International spends being limited to POS is ridiculous, because outside of the US, the acceptance of Diners is abysmal. Was in Paris earlier this week and I didn't even bother trying to use the card except at a couple of places which said they accepted JCB - only to, surprise surprise, have the card declined.

This is nearly tantamount to saying the international 10X has been withdrawn.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:52 am

Have you tried setting your international travel dates in your netbanking portal under credit cards? I've noticed this is always an issue with HDFC.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:58 am

Yeah, I've done that for my last four or five trips now and no soap.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Yeah France doesn't have the best Diners coverage. But a few countries in western Europe do... German, Austria etc. as well as several in central & eastern Europe and Asia too.

Of course their coverage isn't as great as Visa which is why you're getting an absurd 33% discount to begin with!
Old Oct 11, 2018, 2:44 pm

Amazon is now available through Smartbuy. And this time while you have to go through Smartbuy it's no longer that "Compare & Buy" nonsense.

Here's what you do:
1. Go to the Smartbuy website
2. Click on the Amazon link
3. Enter your phone # and last 4 digits of your card
4. Shop for whatever you want with your HDFC card
5. Send me 50% of your 33% savings for sharing this

Happy days... Amazon & Flipkart (Smartbuy) and TataCliq (partner) are now all under the 33% schemes!
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:25 pm

Amazon is now available through Smartbuy. And this time while you have to go through Smartbuy it's no longer that "Compare & Buy" nonsense.

Here's what you do:
1. Go to the Smartbuy website
2. Click on the Amazon link
3. Enter your phone # and last 4 digits of your card
4. Shop for whatever you want with your HDFC card
5. Send me 50% of your 33% savings for sharing this

Happy days... Amazon & Flipkart (Smartbuy) and TataCliq (partner) are now all under the 33% schemes!
This is good news. Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:44 pm

Spoke too soon. Turns out it's a limited catalogue that's available this way. When you reach Amazon by clicking the link on the nav bar on Smartbuy, the search field on Amazon has "HDFC SmartBUY offer" pre-selected as the search category. And that category is quite limited. Search for some product or the other and inevitably you get a message that says:We didn't find results for "<search term>" in HDFC SmartBUY Offer

Here are results from All Categories,

And I guess you won't earn 10x points if you select an "all categories" result and proceed to buy it.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
And I guess you won't earn 10x points if you select an "all categories" result and proceed to buy it.
I see what you’re saying there... but no where in Amazon’s T&C does it say that:
  1. Under this Offer, a Cardholder who, during the Offer Period: (i) clicks on the HDFC Bank SmartBUY web-portal / mobile site; and (ii) thereafter is redirected to the Amazon.in website/ mobile application / mobile site; and (iii) makes any purchase from the website/ mobile application; and (iv) makes payment for the purchase using a valid HDFC Bank Debit or Credit Card; will be entitled to receive cashback or reward points on the total purchase value for the successful purchase transaction(s), in the form of either 10% cashback or 10X reward points.
Also the T&C mentions a handful of items that are excluded from the Smartbuy offer...
  1. This Offer is not applicable on the purchase of:
    a) Amazon Pay balance
    b) Xiaomi phones: Mi Max 2 (32 GB), Redmi Y1, Redmi Y1 Lite, Redmi 5, Redmi Y2, Redmi 6 Pro, Redmi 6A
    c) Samsung phones: J3, Galaxy J5
    d) Apple phones: iPhone 6S and below models
    e) RealMe phones: RealMe 1 (3+ 32 GB 4+ 64 GB)
    f) Honor phones: Play, Play AI
    g) Gold and Silver coins
    h) Gift Cards including Bank cards (Such as RBL and ticket compliment GCs)
    i) Axis Bank and Joyalukkas Gift Vouchers
    j) Bill Payments and Recharges
    k) Prime membership
Also when I click on some of the categories on the Amazon landing page from Smartbuy like Pantry etc. it goes to non Smartbuy Offers search page.

You have raised a valid point though. In the T&C or the high level overview that is not mentioned. And if that’s not a constraint why have it as a search category! Very confusing.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:01 pm

You have raised a valid point though. In the T&C or the high level overview that is not mentioned. And if that’s not a constraint why have it as a search category! Very confusing.
Yeah, imagine the agony of trying to convey the above to an HDFC Bank support executive on the phone when you don't get the expected 10x points for an Amazon purchase.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Yeah, imagine the agony of trying to convey the above to an HDFC Bank support executive on the phone when you don't get the expected 10x points for an Amazon purchase.
I think I’ll risk it and go with their detailed T&C rather than a search filter option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.