Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn

I think I’ll risk it and go with their detailed T&C rather than a search filter option.
Let us know how you get on.

The thing is, you can't compare this to the Flipkart site (https://offers.store.flipkart.com) that's available this way, via the Smartbuy portal, because there, there's no search categories and so on, it's just one jumbo search box.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Sure. Of course given that they’ve so clearly spelled out what’s not included in the offer I’m sure (ly hoping) that it will be a straight forward 33% redemption process.

It will take a couple of months to report back. Unless I get the SMS notification right away like they’ve started with other Smartbuy partners like Flipkart.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:25 am

Sure. Of course given that they’ve so clearly spelled out what’s not included in the offer I’m sure (ly hoping) that it will be a straight forward 33% redemption process.

I think you're right. I just tried a number of really wide searches (iPhone, Benetton, Sennheiser) and didn't get a single "qualifying" result under the HDFC SmartBUY category. Which means all results probably qualify.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
And now 10X rewards on all cards on apparels between 5PM & 9 PM till 10th Nov! Capped at 15000 points/miles across almost all HDFC bank cards!

Merchant POS codes will be used to identify apparel & electronics merchants.

For Diners Black that means an additional 45k INR of potential spend from any retailer!

Man HDFC is really keen to win win win the cards business in India. I would assume they’re hoping for a lot of EMIs and minimum due amount payments to make up part of the promotion money spent.

With Amex etc. all offering accelerated rewards this festival season it’s good to see HDFC upping their game as well.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
And now 10X rewards on all cards on apparels between 5PM & 9 PM till 10th Nov! Capped at 15000 points/miles across almost all HDFC bank cards!

For Diners Black that means an additional 45k INR of potential spend from any retailer!

Man HDFC is really keen to win win win the cards business in India. I would assume they’re hoping for a lot of EMIs and minimum due amount payments to make up part of the promotion money spent.

With Amex etc. all offering accelerated rewards this festival season it’s good to see HDFC upping their game as well.
This is great

I went through the T&C and am unable to figure out which merchants will qualify as apparels . Electronics is easier to guess as those are generally exclusive.

The confusion I have is because most stores like lifestyle, shoppers stop, central, westside etc are essentially hyperstoree and sell virtually everything from jewellery to apparels to sunglasses to toys and in some cases even produce.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:50 pm

To add more excitement to our lives, they've taken the Amazon logo off the banner on top of the Diners Black privileges page - https://www.hdfcbankdinersclub.com/privilege

Could have sworn I saw it there two days ago.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
This is great

I went through the T&C and am unable to figure out which merchants will qualify as apparels . Electronics is easier to guess as those are generally exclusive.

The confusion I have is because most stores like lifestyle, shoppers stop, central, westside etc are essentially hyperstoree and sell virtually everything from jewellery to apparels to sunglasses to toys and in some cases even produce.
Doesn’t matter what they sell. I think Lifestyle, Pantaloons, ShoppersStop will all come under this umbrella. It really depends on what the POS machine says they sell.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:52 am

Doesn’t matter what they sell. I think Lifestyle, Pantaloons, ShoppersStop will all come under this umbrella. It really depends on what the POS machine says they sell.
Hope so. Thanks
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Hope so. Thanks
Well I hope so too. And I don’t think the people operating those machines at the POS will have any idea. So it will lead to a lot of confusion for customers.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
To add more excitement to our lives, they've taken the Amazon logo off the banner on top of the Diners Black privileges page - https://www.hdfcbankdinersclub.com/privilege

Could have sworn I saw it there two days ago.
I never saw it on privileges page, I only saw it on smartbuy page, guess it was gone before I could notice is.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG

Looks like they have expanded it to electronics as well.

https://www.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/festive-offers/offer-happy-hours.html

10X Reward Points on your spends on Apparel and Electronics (including Mobiles)on all days between5PM-9PM.

Ts & Cs -
  1. Happy Hours! 10X on Apparels and Electronics (including Mobiles)!
  2. Get 10X Reward Points on all spends on Apparel and Electronics (including Mobiles) between 5pm to 9pm Indian Std Time in the Promo Period.
  3. Offer applicable on minimum transaction of Rs 5000 on each apparel and electronics (including Mobiles)
  4. Offer applicable on Domestic Retail and EMI transactions
  5. Offer valid only on Retail and Business Credit Cards between 15 October to 10 November 2018
  6. Offer valid for Assam, Orissa & West Bengal Alone from 12th October 2018 to 10 November 2018
  7. 10x Rewards points not valid on cards which don’t have rewards points feature like Valueplus, Bharat, Commercial corporate cards etc
  8. 10x JPMiles will be posted on JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Credit Cards.
  9. Max cap of 15,000 Reward points/ JPMiles applicable at promotion level no two offers can be combined during the offer period
  10. Bonus Reward Points would be posted after 90 days of campaign end date. 1X points would be posted during transaction and additional 9X points would be posted within 90 days of campaign end date.
  11. Classification of a retail transaction (Point of sale/Online) under a merchant category (Electronics / Apparel) will be defined by Visa/MasterCard or any other franchisee as applicable and the same will be used for the bonus reward points posting.
  12. HDFC Bank Cardholders are not bound in any way to participate in this offer. Any participation is voluntary and the offer is being made purely on a 'best effort' basis.
  13. This offer is non-encashable, not extendable and non-negotiable.
  14. This Offer shall be subject to all applicable laws, rules and regulations which are in existence and which may be promulgated anytime by any statutory authority.
  15. HDFC Bank is not making these offers and neither warrant nor guarantees the delivery, quality, merchantability or suitability of products/services availed of by the HDFC Bank Credit Card members under this offer and the member shall be solely responsible for all effects and consequences therefrom.
  16. Any disputes as regards delivery, quality, warranty, merchantability or suitability of products/services availed of under this offer must be strictly addressed by the HDFC Bank Credit Card members in writing to Merchant/ Brand directly and HDFC Bank will not entertain any communication in this regard.
  17. HDFC Bank shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever or for any personal injury that may be suffered, by a HDFC Bank Credit Card member, directly or indirectly, by use or non-use of products/services availed of under this offer
  18. HDFC Bank reserves the right, at any time, without prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever, to add/alter/modify/change or vary all of these terms and conditions or to replace, wholly or in part, this offer by another offer, whether similar to this offer or not, or to extend or withdraw it altogether.
  19. Above offers is by way of a special offer for select HDFC Bank Credit Card members only and nothing contained herein shall prejudice or affect the terms and conditions of the card member agreement. The terms of the above offers shall be in addition to and not in derogation of the terms contained in the Card members Agreement.
  20. All disputes pertaining to Credit Cards, if any, arising out of or in connection with or as a result of above offers or otherwise relating hereto shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts / tribunals in Mumabi only, irrespective of whether courts / tribunals in other areas have concurrent or similar jurisdiction.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:01 am

Previously, when purchasing airline tickets on Smartbuy, HDFC card holders were required to "continue as guest' to complete the transaction, in order to receive the 10x points benefit. However, now that option is missing, and we need to sign in on Smartbuy. Does anyone know if this is legit and we still earn 10x points even after we sign in on Smartbuy? I've written to Smarbuy but not really holding out hope of a reply.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Previously, when purchasing airline tickets on Smartbuy, HDFC card holders were required to "continue as guest' to complete the transaction, in order to receive the 10x points benefit. However, now that option is missing, and we need to sign in on Smartbuy. Does anyone know if this is legit and we still earn 10x points even after we sign in on Smartbuy? I've written to Smarbuy but not really holding out hope of a reply.
Previously you could not book the tickets after signing in with Smartbuy. They’ve fixed that now and no longer allow guest purchases. You have to buy the tickets after logging in to Smartbuy and you do get the 10x rewards.

I’ve heard that Smartbuy no longer waives the convinience charge. So I have 2 questions:
1. Does SOTC have the convinvience charge
2. If we book from the HDFC diners website do we get 10x? I know they don’t charge the convenience fee - I just did a points purchase through them.

Update: Smartbuy still has the convenience fee waiver.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Oct 21, 2018 at 2:31 am
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:51 am

Previously you could not book the tickets after signing in with Smartbuy. They’ve fixed that now and no longer allow guest purchases. You have to buy the tickets after logging in to Smartbuy and you do get the 10x rewards.

Update: Smartbuy still has the convenience fee waiver.
Aha. Thanks. I didn't even notice the bit about the convenience fee. Scary to think I might have missed some important details that way.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:36 am

2. If we book from the HDFC diners website do we get 10x? I know they don’t charge the convenience fee - I just did a points purchase through them.
No

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.