Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by bluecrabs
Does anyone else hold this card.
I just completed 2 billing cycles and here are my experiences so far.

The Good:
a) 15000 first swipe bonus miles + the bonus tier points got credited to the jet account with a few days of the 1st swipe.
b) Completed the 1.5L threshold and received the 15K bonus miles without waiting for the 90day period or the next billing cycle to complete.

The Bad:
a) Never received the Complimentary Base fare waived ticket & Discount voucher till date. Reached out to cx via email, they replied back saying the benefit request is under process and I will receive them shortly

b) Upon checking the statement, all the jetairways transactions don't show the accelerated rate of JPmiles (24/150). the miles are calculated in the 8/150 ratio. contacting the CX right now..

Any one else face these issues?
You'll get the use fare waiver code later in your registered email. The downside is that you should be buying one way ticket and not two way.
If you've bought Jet Airways ticket from anywhere other than their site or mobile app then you don't get 3 times the rewards.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
So Smartbuy 10x/25k crawls on 1 month at a time... now extended to 31 May!
Old May 5, 2019, 9:24 am

My card is up for renewal and I havent received any notification from HDFC. The renewal fee includes a Jet Airways base fare which will obviously not be given now, so does this mean the renewal cost will reduce? I actually have the same issue with ICICI Sapphiro and Jet Airways Amex as well as IndusInd Jet. If there wont be a base airfare ticket then shouldnt the renewal fee drop? Anyone has any idea?
Old May 5, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Shivthilak
My card is up for renewal and I havent received any notification from HDFC. The renewal fee includes a Jet Airways base fare which will obviously not be given now, so does this mean the renewal cost will reduce? I actually have the same issue with ICICI Sapphiro and Jet Airways Amex as well as IndusInd Jet. If there wont be a base airfare ticket then shouldnt the renewal fee drop? Anyone has any idea?
Shouldn't you call them and ask?
Old May 5, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Perhaps it's time to dump those cards now? Really no point earning JP miles anymore.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Shouldn't you call them and ask?
That thought NEVER crossed my mind! I did call them and the banks havent thought this through. No one had an answer. I guess they will figure this out. I didnt call Amex. Maybe Amex will have some firm views
Old May 6, 2019, 1:22 am

That thought NEVER crossed my mind! I did call them and the banks havent thought this through. No one had an answer. I guess they will figure this out. I didnt call Amex. Maybe Amex will have some firm views
If the banks haven't decided what to do how will FTers have more information on this?

Technically the JP programme isn't dead so they can continue BAU perhaps substituting the base fare waivers with a gift of very poor value.

Why someone would want to renew a 9W co-branded/related cards now is beyond me though. I would be ditching those cards.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:35 am

Wink

If the banks haven't decided what to do how will FTers have more information on this?

Technically the JP programme isn't dead so they can continue BAU perhaps substituting the base fare waivers with a gift of very poor value.

Why someone would want to renew a 9W co-branded/related cards now is beyond me though. I would be ditching those cards.
Well since I havent spoken to ALL the cobranded card issuers I was hoping someone knows something I haven't.
Old May 9, 2019, 9:21 am

In my latest Diners Black statement, they "adjusted" (i.e. debited) some 10k points. I called to ask what it was for, since there had been no refunds/returns in recent months, and they said they wrongly credited 15,000 points when I paid the annual fee last year, instead of 5000 as the regular renewal bonus. The rep said this had happened to lots of other customers as well, so wondering if anyone here has had 10k miles taken out of their account recently like this.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:24 pm

Ouch that sucks. The 5k points is only if you pay the annual fees... correct? I need to go back and look at my statements for this kind of sneaky behaviour.
Old May 9, 2019, 9:29 pm

Ouch that sucks. The 5k points is only if you pay the annual fees... correct? I need to go back and look at my statements for this kind of sneaky behaviour.
Yeah. Thing is, though I try to keep track of my points, the 30-day window for some transactions and 90-day one for others complicates things. But on occasion in the past I've felt that I have been credited more points than I did earn, so this deduction is probably justified.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:41 am

How do you keep track of your points? Because the 9x gets credited at different times from different partners I've never been able to effectively manage this.
Old May 10, 2019, 8:49 am

How do you keep track of your points? Because the 9x gets credited at different times from different partners I've never been able to effectively manage this.
I meant I keep track in a very broad sense, so I'll probably be able to spot large-ish discrepancies but not small ones.
Old May 11, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
At one point I tried and created an Excel sheet to calculate points using purchases upto 4 months back but the changes they do to 90 days policy are so many that I gave up. I really wish they had the transparency like chase where you can see exact points for each transaction online.
Old May 11, 2019, 9:04 am

A for effort!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.