Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Workaround:
If you’re facing challenges for whatever reason you can pay through another card and when you get the email statement for the trip you’ll see a link there to SWITCH PAYMENT. Use that link to go to the Uber website and change payment on any of your recent trips. It’s very easy to do.

In my experience you generally lose a small amount while switching I’ve noticed... for example on my Citi Prestige if I paid Rs. 100 I got Rs. 98 or so credited back. Of course it was on different days (recrediting takes a few days) so it could be the exchange rates. But worth it for the 10x rewards.
Ah ha, that sounds like a good trick.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:37 am

Aaaaand it doesn't work. I get an error message in the app that says something to the effect of "We can't switch to a payment method that wasn't listed on a previous screen". Probably to do with the fact that I tried deleting the card as a payment method and adding it again. (It was added fine, btw, with the Re. 1 charge going through and everything.)
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Aaaaand it doesn't work. I get an error message in the app that says something to the effect of "We can't switch to a payment method that wasn't listed on a previous screen". Probably to do with the fact that I tried deleting the card as a payment method and adding it again. (It was added fine, btw, with the Re. 1 charge going through and everything.)
You seem to have plenty of problems with the card. Now this worked for me plenty of times as well. I did this as well when I was unable to select this card as my mode of payment because Mrs. Piper or Mother Piper had used their add-on cards (same # for some reason) in India to book Ubers in India but forgot to pay using 2FA.

I'm hoping it's just your issue and not a DCB issue. Would hate to lose the 10X on this!

Send Uber Support an email. They are fairly prompt and efficient in responding to these issues.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
So the Diners website now has this cryptic message posted - Diners 10X Rewards and SmartBUY 10X Rewards programs are getting revamped from 1 April 2019. The details will be updated in coming days.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:23 am

Wonderful. They'll be cut to shreds for sure.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
So SmartBuy is down to 5x and capped to 15k points for Diners Black and 25k for Infinia - https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/12768

Let's see what the Diners 10x is revised to.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Just when I started booking hotels for my holiday!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:58 am

So 10x on Smartbuy has become 5x now.... with the 15k cap.So now Smartbuy spending gets maxed out at ~90k INR.

Wonder what will happen to the DCB direct partners.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Apr 1, 2019 at 5:16 am
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:33 pm

Apparently it's gone back to 10x, but there's all kinds of dates flying about the place. Best to give them a few days to calm down, I think.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:00 am

It’s gone back to 25k points & 10x!!! Website update error or a roll back because of angry customers?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Strange, I just checked and it's snowing 5x and 15k.

Let's just wait for a couple of days
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Strange, I just checked and it's snowing 5x and 15k.
Really?

My uneducated guess is that one of 2 things happened:
1. HDFC is preparing us for things to come in a month or two, A jolt or two before the main announcement takes away some of the sting
2. Their IT wasn’t ready to handle the new plan so they’ve deferred it to May

Either way it looks like the end of the 10x party.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:11 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
If you click through https://www.hdfcbankdinersclub.com/privilege and go to Smartbuy or click from Smartbuy directly it takes you to https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/offer_details/409 which shows the 10x.

The original link posted above which shows 5x is still active https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com..._details/12768.

I'm guessing Smartbuy will go to 5X from next month and that's why they've only renewed it for a month.

Partner brands shows 10X till June, 2019.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:34 am

New partners announced. Zomato & Redbus out. Swiggy and Furlenco (who????) are in. Partners are still at 10x/25k till 30 Jun.

And I just looked up Furlenco.... they're a furniture renting place. ... DCB????

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Apr 8, 2019 at 7:42 am
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
New partners announced. Zomato & Redbus out. Swiggy and Furlenco (who????) are in. Partners are still at 10x/25k till 30 Jun.

And I just looked up Furlenco.... they're a furniture renting place. ... DCB????
Nice . thanks for updating everyone here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.