Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HDFC Diners Club Credit Card (ex Jet Airways cobrand)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:11 am

Really want Uber and Swiggy to stay - which means they'll most likely be axed.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
10x on partner brands extended till 30th April 2018.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Yups... now awaiting the extension on international spends.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Yups... now awaiting the extension on international spends.
Do people actually manage to make substantial use of this offer? I have an approximately 95% failure rate when I try to use the Diners Black at POS overseas (limited to about 25 attempts mostly in Europe, admittedly). This includes places that advertise acceptance of Diners cards. I'm wondering if lots of people know of other avenues to use Diners internationally.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Do people actually manage to make substantial use of this offer? I have an approximately 95% failure rate when I try to use the Diners Black at POS overseas (limited to about 25 attempts mostly in Europe, admittedly). This includes places that advertise acceptance of Diners cards. I'm wondering if lots of people know of other avenues to use Diners internationally.
I make use of this while buying tickets/booking hotels. I just go to a non-Indian OTA and make sure that they are charging me in a non-INR currency at the time of final payment.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by deovrat
I make use of this while buying tickets/booking hotels. I just go to a non-Indian OTA and make sure that they are charging me in a non-INR currency at the time of final payment.
Is there any OTA allowing foreign currency payment for india domestic flights or international flights departing India? I tried searching but could never find any.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by vikasr
Is there any OTA allowing foreign currency payment for india domestic flights or international flights departing India? I tried searching but could never find any.
I used expedia.de a couple times in the past, didn’t check other sites.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I use it extensively in the US on hotels - mainly Marriotts and Hiltons. Never had a problem. Then again would not expect it to not work with the larger chains. IME the Discover network in the US has been as good as the Amex network.

Discover coverage is poor in western Europe though. Slightly better at the ATMs but very very limited at PoS.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Mar 29, 2018 at 2:44 am
Old Mar 29, 2018, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by deovrat

I used expedia.de a couple times in the past, didn’t check other sites.
Smart tip! I would prefer to max out my Smartbuy first. But this is very helpful. In fact I have maxed my Smartbuy for this month now I can do this!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:59 am

What about setting your country as, say, the US, when making a booking on, for example, jetairways.com? You're quoted a price in USD, but I think the actual charge might be made in the currency of the country where the credit card is issued. Or is it?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:34 am

Never tried that one, maybe other who have will share their experience.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:19 am

Tried to do a dummy booking on Jet... here's what it said just before payment - "Payment made using AMEX will be converted to Indian Rupees at time of settlement. However, you will be billed in your local currency. Hence, it is possible that the billed amount on your card statement may be more than the fare shown on the ticket." They ask for address when paying by Amex but not MC/Visa.

I don't think they can change it to local currency before booking without informing you because changing currencies can mean extra fees & charges.

Some websites which match addresses (mainly zipcodes) to the card won't be able to process payments unless you change your currency to INR eg: United.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by L_D_M
I don't know if you are hitting the same issue or not, I was getting all declines in US (including amazon.com) even though I had enabled international and set limit reasonably high. Then I found the hdfc netbanking site also has a option of notify international travel. Once I added details into that, all my transactions that were failing, started going through. Amazon + buy spg points (points.com). As expected HDFC customer service had no idea.
Hope it helps.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Anish
10x on partner brands extended till 30th April 2018.
Except Caratlane and Luxehues (no big deal)
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I don't know if you are hitting the same issue or not, I was getting all declines in US (including amazon.com) even though I had enabled international and set limit reasonably high. Then I found the hdfc netbanking site also has a option of notify international travel. Once I added details into that, all my transactions that were failing, started going through. Amazon + buy spg points (points.com). As expected HDFC customer service had no idea.
Hope it helps.
Thanks, I need to look at this. Whereabouts on the HDFC site might this be?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.