Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/car...les-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

(Expired Link - doesn't work any longer): Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/por...-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Consolidated India-based mileage related Credit Cards thread - 2015 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2020, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
So no legal guidelines? Does it just depends on the banks willingness to help?
Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
What exactly is the protection? In the UK the CC companies are liable for the refund if a service is not provided. Is it by law or something that Citi provides?
I am not sure of the law but during the 9W debacle plenty of people got their monies back though CC reversals including from Citi and HDFC. And just showing documentary evidence of the request for refund after waiting out the TAT (which is 14 days by law I believe) was good enough for the banks to refund and chase 9W themselves.

I’m assuming (don’t know for sure) it’s fairly easy for the banks to smack them on their nose and take that money away or they just claim that from the bank’s insurance cos.

Also, as a Citi & HDFC customer for a few thousand years and several transaction reversals requested whether for fraud, double payments and what nots, I have never had any hassle getting a reversal done. Earlier you used to have to fax them your statement etc. for some reason. Now you can just make the complaint on the phone and it gets done.
onlysuites likes this.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Apr 28, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Old Apr 29, 2020, 11:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Can you any one confirm if the Paytm wallet reloads accrue points in Citi
Old Apr 30, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Whizkid
Can you any one confirm if the Paytm wallet reloads accrue points in Citi
They don't
Old Jun 3, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SPG, JP Miles, IHG Rewards Club
I couldn't use remaining ITC vouchers (Rs 5000) which was given with Prestige credit card - expiry date was mid April. I was planning to use these in March but couldn't use them in view of the lockdown. Given the unexpected circumstances, do you think Citi or ITC might be kind enough to extend the validity? Has anyone heard from Citi regarding this?
Thank you.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I use the Taj vouchers not ITC but the same principle could apply in your case. For Taj we get gift cards with 1 year validity. If you don't use it within 365 days the GC goes into limbo but doesn't expire (as I found out & you don't lose the money). A minimum recharge of Rs. 500 on the same GC through Taj's website gives the GC another year's validity.

That's how I use my GCs. Pool them together so that I can actually pay for a night at Taj with GCs.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
I use the Taj vouchers not ITC but the same principle could apply in your case. For Taj we get gift cards with 1 year validity. If you don't use it within 365 days the GC goes into limbo but doesn't expire (as I found out & you don't lose the money). A minimum recharge of Rs. 500 on the same GC through Taj's website gives the GC another year's validity.

That's how I use my GCs. Pool them together so that I can actually pay for a night at Taj with GCs.
I don't know about Taj vouchersy, never took those but ITC vouchers explicitly say that they are 1 time use and balance value will be forfeited if not used fully in 1 go.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 9:09 pm

I've had Taj vouchers expire in the past and they extended them (don't remember for how long, but somewhere between one and three months) after I wrote in to Taj Inner Circle. YMMV.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by msivam
I couldn't use remaining ITC vouchers (Rs 5000) which was given with Prestige credit card - expiry date was mid April. I was planning to use these in March but couldn't use them in view of the lockdown. Given the unexpected circumstances, do you think Citi or ITC might be kind enough to extend the validity? Has anyone heard from Citi regarding this?
Thank you.
i think you should write to itc....citi won't be able to do it....
Old Jun 4, 2020, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by L_D_M
I've had Taj vouchers expire in the past and they extended them (don't remember for how long, but somewhere between one and three months) after I wrote in to Taj Inner Circle. YMMV.
Same.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:17 am

Thank you.

Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I don't know about Taj vouchersy, never took those but ITC vouchers explicitly say that they are 1 time use and balance value will be forfeited if not used fully in 1 go.
I received 4 lots of Rs 2500 vouchers and used 2 of them. I was going to use remaining vouchers at next visit but had a surprise offer from Eazydiner when I was about to make payment and the meal was free in the end!
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Originally Posted by Keyser
i think you should write to itc....citi won't be able to do it....
Shall contact ITC once the restaurants start their service in Chennai. Thanks.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 7:24 am

I just saw that Taj has extended their Citi (and all others I would imagine) GVs by 3 months. They didn’t announce anything but just quietly did it in the backend.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 7:26 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I just saw that Taj has extended their Citi (and all others I would imagine) GVs by 3 months. They didn’t announce anything but just quietly did it in the backend.
I saw somewhere (an e-mail from Taj I think) that they were doing it - but does Citi give us GVs?? Can't remember...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.