Community
Wiki Posts
Search

India-based Airlines Chai Stall

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2015, 1:07 am

Programs: Jet Plat, Taj Gold
Recently flew Jet Airways on Delhi - Hongkong - Delhi sector.

The cabin crew during the Delhi - Hongkong leg was the worst that I have ever encountered even in domestic. They were rude, impolite with guests with infants and seemed as if they hated their jobs...

On the other hand the cabin crew during Hongkong-Delhi leg was completely opposite...
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Any more info on the recent AI ......

Any more info on the emergency landing of AI in DEL ? media had said there was a fire ( on approach ? ) , AI said no fire.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by HMPS
Any more info on the emergency landing of AI in DEL ? media had said there was a fire ( on approach ? ) , AI said no fire.
Ask and ye shall receive...

http://indiatribune.com/air-india-em...iam-dalrymple/

However, do you *really* want to know? Wow! is all I can say.

Based on the testimony of the witness and details reported, I would most definitely tend to believe what is read.

However, report does not stipulate any fire, but a possible one - which is why water was being used upon (the emergency) landing.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Ask and ye shall receive...

http://indiatribune.com/air-india-em...iam-dalrymple/

However, do you *really* want to know? Wow! is all I can say.

Based on the testimony of the witness and details reported, I would most definitely tend to believe what is read.

However, report does not stipulate any fire, but a possible one - which is why water was being used upon (the emergency) landing.
Thank you.
I am a curious person.....Also wanted to know more as I have stayed away from AI for various reasons including huge delays due to maintenance issues, lack of confidence in their policy & Procedures enforcement.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
"Mayday... evacuate" is standard calls you do after landing when you request ground assistance.

Pilots also value their life, they would not take off with faulty hydraulics...
Old Sep 13, 2015, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
"Mayday... evacuate" is standard calls you do after landing when you request ground assistance.

Pilots also value their life, they would not take off with faulty hydraulics...
Not so in my own experience.

Also how does one square with the delay in Varanasi and eventual departure without parts replacements ? Yes there are instances where bean counters and /or ops. managers pressure pilots to fly.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 2:28 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Nope, often pilots reboot/reset the aircraft systems to get rid of ECAM error messages that line maintenance cannot find.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:41 pm

Nope, often pilots reboot/reset the aircraft systems to get rid of ECAM error messages that line maintenance cannot find.
I presume you are referring to the Varanasi delay. Where did you come by that information ....that this pilot rebooted the system ? The way you say it, whatever codes appeared were phantom.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 4:01 am

On A320 you get all the error messages in a central system. What I'm guessing here is that they offloaded the pax (not evacuate) went thru checklists together with local line maint and perhaps ops control and rebooted/reset to check if the error stays. After that they decided to proceed. It is unlikely that some local VNS aiport dude can convince the pilot(s) to just 'risk it'
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:40 pm

On A320 you get all the error messages in a central system. What I'm guessing here is that they offloaded the pax (not evacuate) went thru checklists together with local line maint and perhaps ops control and rebooted/reset to check if the error stays. After that they decided to proceed. It is unlikely that some local VNS aiport dude can convince the pilot(s) to just 'risk it'
I will,accept it as a GUESS then
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:27 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
AI pilots are not known for their infallibility and lack of attention to protocol....

In any case, both AI (usually? Again, an unknown) and Jet (always) fly out engineers with their aircraft to stations where they don't have any service facilities, like VNS.

Jet's engineers should be flying in uniform and normally sit in the biz cabin - most pax normally mistake them for non-revving pilots.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:09 pm

Saw a TOI report that 120 FAs were fired by AI for violating the BMI standards after warning. Hope this is a start of rejuvenation.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Saw a TOI report that 120 FAs were fired by AI for violating the BMI standards after warning. Hope this is a start of rejuvenation.
Quite impressive.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:21 pm

News article says they were reassigned.

It appears Indian regulators will happily allow foreign A380 flown in by a crop-duster pilot as long as airline has cute FAs, but they restrict their own carriers every possible way. May be Indian carriers should register in neighboring countries and operate in India.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by avcritic
News article says they were reassigned.

It appears Indian regulators will happily allow foreign A380 flown in by a crop-duster pilot as long as airline has cute FAs, but they restrict their own carriers every possible way. May be Indian carriers should register in neighboring countries and operate in India.
Do you have any documentation to back it up ? BTW not ALL the FAs on A380s are " cute" .
and do you recall that cuteness ( BMI is a component of it ) was required and practiced by AI & Ia in the old days ?
Remember their most important job is our safety, .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.