India-based Airlines Chai Stall

Old Nov 8, 10, 9:32 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: TPA
Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Posts: 3,031
India-based Airlines Chai Stall

Welcome to the Chai Stall thread on the India-based Airlines forum. The doors are open to everyone, and the chai and opinions are always complimentary!

This thread is intended to be a place to socialize with others who hang out here on Flytertalk. Any non-travel topic is permitted, with the following provisos:

• Flyertalk’s Terms of Service must be respected in all posts;
• no discussion of politics, sex or religion (OMNI is the place for that); and
• be warm and welcoming to newcomers
• don't cause turbulence, refrain from smoking, and follow all crewmember instructions

So, grab a tumbler of chai, and tell us what’s on your mind!

Last edited by Babu; May 3, 12 at 6:11 am
Babu is offline  
Old Nov 8, 10, 12:19 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA 1M
Posts: 29,121
I like this idea, Can I ask how the recession is being felt by Indians in India?
UA Fan is offline  
Old Nov 8, 10, 12:53 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 27,913
great idea babu....
Keyser is online now  
Old Nov 8, 10, 12:55 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 27,913
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
I like this idea, Can I ask how the recession is being felt by Indians in India?
its gotten a lot better....work is picking up in almost all sectors....the market has rebounded extremely well....its back to levels it was back in 2007....i think the worst is definitely over & in 2011 i expect to see things back to the way they were....
Keyser is online now  
Old Nov 8, 10, 12:57 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA 1M
Posts: 29,121
Originally Posted by saad View Post
its gotten a lot better....work is picking up in almost all sectors....the market has rebounded extremely well....its back to levels it was back in 2007....i think the worst is definitely over & in 2011 i expect to see things back to the way they were....
Wish I could say for the US.
UA Fan is offline  
Old Nov 8, 10, 3:06 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: TPA
Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Posts: 3,031
Today is the first work day here in the US since we switched back from daylight savings time. It's depressing to see it pitch black outside when it's only 5 PM!

UA Fan, we are seeing a moderate return in our business. Not 2007 levels, but an improvement since 2009.
Babu is offline  
Old Nov 8, 10, 3:17 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA 1M
Posts: 29,121
Originally Posted by Babu View Post
Today is the first work day here in the US since we switched back from daylight savings time. It's depressing to see it pitch black outside when it's only 5 PM!
Yes, couldn't agree more.
UA Fan is offline  
Old Nov 8, 10, 4:19 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ELP
Programs: AA EXP/LT GOLD, RC PLAT PREM
Posts: 4,014
I actually like going backwards. I wake up with the sun in my face and fell more rested.
anaggie is offline  
Old Nov 8, 10, 4:32 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Exile
Posts: 14,921
Originally Posted by Babu View Post
• Flyertalk’s Terms of Service must be respected in all posts;
• no discussion of politics, sex or religion (OMNI is the place for that); and
• be warm and welcoming to newcomers

So, grab a tumbler of chai, and tell us what’s on your mind!
The list of rules reminds me of the signs outside the old Irani restaurants in Bombay, except you forgot to add "Rice Plate Is Ready" in chalk at the bottom!
B747-437B is offline  
Old Nov 9, 10, 1:01 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 27,913
Originally Posted by Babu View Post
Today is the first work day here in the US since we switched back from daylight savings time. It's depressing to see it pitch black outside when it's only 5 PM!

UA Fan, we are seeing a moderate return in our business. Not 2007 levels, but an improvement since 2009.
i hate this initial daylight savings time period in november....my clients on the west coast call me for work when they first get into office....so i initially used to be on conferrence calls at 8-9pm my time, which was not bad....now its going to be 10pm, which my wife minds a lot....
Keyser is online now  
Old Nov 9, 10, 3:03 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Somewhere near a Airstrip
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Posts: 615
Originally Posted by Babu View Post
Today is the first work day here in the US since we switched back from daylight savings time. It's depressing to see it pitch black outside when it's only 5 PM!
Ohh. I almost forgot that US switched back, for me it's kind of Love-Hate reaction, Love that I can get out of office by 5 PM with little guilt ( I work in IT so staying late in office is common) & I hate it as I miss the long evenings which I enjoy outdoors.

It has been 2 months since I moved to SIN, it's Raining almost every day here
Whizkid is offline  
Old Nov 9, 10, 3:45 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 27,913
Originally Posted by Whizkid View Post
It has been 2 months since I moved to SIN, it's Raining almost every day here
i hate that about sin....it rains 90% of the time whenever i'm there....
Keyser is online now  
Old Nov 9, 10, 4:31 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SAT / MAA / BOM
Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Posts: 5,110
This thread is going to be awesome!^

Just had my chai (for real) in PHL. (my current "home"). Though I dont really like living in the Northeast...too cold.

Also, woke up at 3AM this morning because of a nightmare associated with the new nude-o-scope machines installed at PHL....
I have to fly on Saturday.

At any rate, This thread is great! Thanks for starting it!^^
snod08 is offline  
Old Nov 9, 10, 4:49 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOM-SIN-EWR
Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Posts: 7,963
Originally Posted by snod08 View Post
Also, woke up at 3AM this morning because of a nightmare associated with the new nude-o-scope machines installed at PHL....
Presented with that at BOS - asked "x-ray?", they said "yes" - I said "no way"....they said walk through and I was searched manually - I bet that they "zapped" me anyway as I was walking through!

Originally Posted by saad View Post
i hate that about sin....it rains 90% of the time whenever i'm there....
I love that about SIN...
SuperFlyBoy is offline  
Old Nov 9, 10, 5:18 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SAT / MAA / BOM
Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Posts: 5,110
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Presented with that at BOS - asked "x-ray?", they said "yes" - I said "no way"....they said walk through and I was searched manually - I bet that they "zapped" me anyway as I was walking through!
.
Good for you.

Lets see what happens this weekend with me.

At home right now, working. Will leave a little late today.

Everyone have a great day (or evening..depending on where you are).
snod08 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: